MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

Yeah…but them gems are from different companies with rights in different regions.

Shin and Minus are great movies because it applies that stoic Japanese philosophy to art. Gojira isn’t silly rubber schlock over there (or maybe it is lol).

The first of the Kong and Godzilla movies were more serious fare. I’m not a fan of this F&F especially if it’s not the same level of entertainment.
This that Japanese philosophy to art

We done come a long way from that rubber suit silliness to Shin Godzilla and Minus One.

I maintain the best Gojira movies are the original and the two above.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed this one but I did go in expecting it to be the previous movie, just turned up a few notches. So my expectations where met and it was fun.

But I will say if the 2014 Godzilla was compared to the OG F&F movie, we’re definitely trending towards Fast 6/7 with this one. I don’t doubt we’ll get a third one to round out the trilogy so I’m curious where they could go with the next one?

third one seems imminent as its doing real well in the box office so far and its playing in china which loves these types of films

id imagine konga gon have an iron man suit in the next film :lol:

then maybe bring un ultraman

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed this one but I did go in expecting it to be the previous movie, just turned up a few notches. So my expectations where met and it was fun.

But I will say if the 2014 Godzilla was compared to the OG F&F movie, we’re definitely trending towards Fast 6/7 with this one. I don’t doubt we’ll get a third one to round out the trilogy so I’m curious where they could go with the next one?
Im catching this on Sunday, but it’s pretty apparent since godzilla vs Kong these were going full blown Hollywood action movies.

I would love for them to go back to the OG threat to humanity angle, horror thrillers are the best for kaijus.

Im catching this on Sunday, but it’s pretty apparent since godzilla vs Kong these were going full blown Hollywood action movies.

I would love for them to go back to the OG threat to humanity angle, horror thrillers are the best for kaijus.

Yeah, I can’t front. I really wish Minus One would start streaming somewhere already after watching this one.

then maybe bring un ultraman

We’re definitely at that point in the Monsterverse where Jet Jaguar would absolutely cook. Monarch could totally build one.

IMG_4916.jpeg

Movie was mindless fun, just a good time at the theaters. My biggest complaint is that it felt like a Kong movie that Godzilla happened to be in, at times.

Godzilla is simply just incredible IP. You can have a serious thriller of a film in Minus One, then come back a couple of months later with a Michael Bay-type Kaiju.

So my inlaws took my kids to watch this last week and I still havent seen it. I am planning to alone here soon before it leaves theaters.
Anyway do I need to watch Monarch on Apple TV before I watch Godzilla x Kong?

So my inlaws took my kids to watch this last week and I still havent seen it. I am planning to alone here soon before it leaves theaters.
Anyway do I need to watch Monarch on Apple TV before I watch Godzilla x Kong?
I don’t think you need to. Monarch show also took place well before, like pre King of Monsters, so it doesn’t tie directly in.

So my son who is a huge Godzilla fan and has watched all the American and most of the Japanese Godzillas movies said he hated the movie.
He said he would have walked out but the Slushy and snacks were great lol
Anyway he said Godzilla went from being a Sigma Alpha lol to a beta. He said they nerfed him 🤷🏻
His words not mine.
He said Godzilla got handled by pretty much everyone.
To the point of getting tripped.
He said movie disrespected Godzilla.
He loved Minus One when we went to see it a few months ago.
Said this Godzilla wouldnt have stood a chance vs King of Monsters Ghidora.
Anyway may have to check it out for myself.

Back
Top Bottom