More Air Prestos?

Grab the lightnings tonight but the quality is soso comepare to the og...

I owned the OG, Quality wasn't great on original pairs. It's essentially a fancy sock, can't expect too much

Last edited:
^Phone / email orders accepted. Brutal Honey & Lightnings are available in selective sizes (No XXS or Small).

-BERT

Friendly reminder for anyone who can't seem to find their exact size... Sizing is EXTREMELY flexible on these.

I typically wear a 12/13 in most shoes, but can fit anything from L-XXL in Prestos very comfortably. I just pulled my pairs from 2000 and 2006 out of storage and was surprised to see my 00s are all L while a pair of my 06's are an XXL. XL is my perfect size, but L still fits fine and while the XXL is a bit roomy in the toe; they still fit well and don't slip or feel loose.

Meh... Prestos were never a particularly high quality shoe. They're 100% man-made materials. Unless Nike messed with the cushioning, I don't see any way they could botch these too badly.

Friendly reminder for anyone who can't seem to find their exact size... Sizing is EXTREMELY flexible on these.

I typically wear a 12/13 in most shoes, but can fit anything from L-XXL in Prestos very comfortably. I just pulled my pairs from 2000 and 2006 out of storage and was surprised to see my 00s are all L while a pair of my 06's are an XXL. XL is my perfect size, but L still fits fine and while the XXL is a bit roomy in the toe; they still fit well and don't slip or feel loose.

Personally I don't think sizing is extremely flexible on this release. What it is is the sizing has changed over the years. You are pretty much spot on as I wear 11.5-12.5 and wore a large in the 00 releases and for the 2004 retro and up I needed XL's and while I could have pulled off a Large or XXL in all these releases they don't provide for the best fit (XXL was to sloppy and the Large a tad to tight) In summary, if you wore a large in the 2000 release go with an XL, if you wore a small in any of the releases the past 11 years then go with that same size. Just my two cents and I've owned a fair amount of presto's over the years.

Would you guys say that I would be okay going with the same sizing I did back in 2010? I think that is when I got the royal blue pair and the black pair? They were sitting at Foot Lockers.

I ordered a pair from NDC and really don't want them to be too snug.

If I remember correctly, I got a pair in Small but the BR's and the Genealogy Brutal Honey release from a year ago I needed Medium.

Have a Brutal Honey in a XL if anyone is looking for help. The only place where these seemed to last was Seattle-both Urbanity and Bait shop had pairs last I checked if you guys are looking for sme help!

I'm a true 9.5 and the small fits me snugly but with a bit of room in the toe, if that helps any of you with sizing.

Have another S lightning I grabbed if anyone needs help...

lightnings arrived today, overall they are really good only beef I have is the mesh they used for the inside of the shoe. I remember it being smooth and this mesh is rough. If you wear thin socks with these you'll feel it (atleast on my pair) anyone else notice this? Btw I received my pair from Dope Factory

Last edited:

Personally I don't think sizing is extremely flexible on this release. What it is is the sizing has changed over the years. You are pretty much spot on as I wear 11.5-12.5 and wore a large in the 00 releases and for the 2004 retro and up I needed XL's and while I could have pulled off a Large or XXL in all these releases they don't provide for the best fit (XXL was to sloppy and the Large a tad to tight) In summary, if you wore a large in the 2000 release go with an XL, if you wore a small in any of the releases the past 11 years then go with that same size. Just my two cents and I've owned a fair amount of presto's over the years.

Repped.

That makes a lot of sense. I never even considered Nike changed the sizing like they have with so many other models.

Last edited:
Crud, I went with a L and usually wear 11-12 Hopefully it'll be ok. I'll report back when my pairs comes in with the fit.

Crud, I went with a L and usually wear 11-12 Hopefully it'll be ok. I'll report back when my pairs comes in with the fit.

I think you'll be ok. I wear 11-11.5 in AM1's, 90''s etc. tried on the recent black/white Prestos at my local spot last week and the L fit perfect. I had numerous pairs of Prestos from the original run in 2000 and I still wear the same size.

hope they release the hawaii's....... these prestos are bringing back alot of teenage memories lol

Received mine from NDC today. Comfort is still top notch. Only complaint...the insole seems to be made of paper. They come out every time I take the shoes off.

Got mine last night and trethousandgt trethousandgt was 100% correct. Sizing is WAAAY off from the original run. My 2000s in a L have the EXACT same dimensions as these 2015s in XL. Makes me almost wish I went for an XXL instead.
Initial thoughts:

- Overall quality is decent. Not noticeably better or worse than the OGs IMO.

- OG's had a lot more white lightning strike on them. The retros have more blue. The core of the strike on the retros is higher on the tongue and I didn't notice until I had them in hand, but it's off center. The white lightning extends along the lateral sides of the retros while the medial side has blue lightning. OG's had the white and blue spread out evenly over the whole shoe.

- The material on the retros is coarser and feels thinner than that on the OGs. The mesh on the OGs was a bit more plush and soft to the touch.

- The print on the retros appears darker, although that could just be because my OG Trouble at Homes are worn out. Still though, when flexing the forefoot forward they don't seem to "fade" as much as the OG's did; ie: show the white lines in between the black and blue print on the white based mesh.

I'll post some comparison pics this evening.

Back
Top Bottom