More Air Prestos?

Beat me to it. And thank you brother!
Hows the fit on the collar? From what I've been hearing and seeing from on feet pics it looks like the flyknit is a bit thin and doesn't sit tight enough on the ankle. I assume this might be because of the "Ultra" flyknit being diff from regular but part of me thinks it could also be all these kids and their skinny ankles lol. 

Been meaning to share these. Grey is based off the '99 more than the tech on the recent retros.

is the all over mesh option gone on iD?

Hows the fit on the collar? From what I've been hearing and seeing from on feet pics it looks like the flyknit is a bit thin and doesn't sit tight enough on the ankle. I assume this might be because of the "Ultra" flyknit being diff from regular but part of me thinks it could also be all these kids and their skinny ankles lol. 

The "ultra" has nothing to do with the knit... The Ultra is referring to the sole.

I don't personally own a pair but my boy has the black/white and the sock is fine around his ankles, not loose at all

The "ultra" has nothing to do with the knit... The Ultra is referring to the sole.

I don't personally own a pair but my boy has the black/white and the sock is fine around his ankles, not loose at all
What I meant was the flyknit on these new Ultra releases seems to be a diff kind of knit than what we are used to more similiar to the flyknit roshes in that the knit is more like a design pattern on top of a thin mesh that is looser and doesn't have the same properties that the flyknit frees and flyknit lunars/chukkas have with them being more of a compression upper that stretches and molds to the foot. If the prestos had that kind of flyknit tech I think it would look better aesthetically and would have more of the sock like fit on the ankle that they were going for. I still will prob end up making an ID just to see how the ankle area holds up since Nike has one of the best return policies, my main concern in this whole rant is the long term fit of that area with it stretching out repetitively to get the feet in and out. Too early to tell right now so optimism is still 10/10 lol. 

is the all over mesh option gone on iD?

Pretty sure those aren't IDs, those are customs from the triple white release. All mesh wasn't an option & those colors/options weren't all available in the ID like that. I tried to make an ID just like those so I know lol

Pretty sure those aren't IDs, those are customs from the triple white release. All mesh wasn't an option & those colors/options weren't all available in the ID like that. I tried to make an ID just like those so I know lol

You're correct. He did mention that they were customs.
They are simple but look incredible. Nike really needs to update the color options.

Put my blk/white ultra FKs through some serious stress tests in Europe the last three weeks. Walking miles a day in Rome, Amsterdam, Paris etc. Verdict is good overall. However I did experience some heel pressure and some very noticeable pain on my left foot. Felt like sole pressure I usually associate with football boots. Not fun, but hey eventually broke in and they feel great. ALMOST as comfortable as my ultra boost which I also brought. Great work by Nike.

Put my blk/white ultra FKs through some serious stress tests in Europe the last three weeks. Walking miles a day in Rome, Amsterdam, Paris etc. Verdict is good overall. However I did experience some heel pressure and some very noticeable pain on my left foot. Felt like sole pressure I usually associate with football boots. Not fun, but hey eventually broke in and they feel great. ALMOST as comfortable as my ultra boost which I also brought. Great work by Nike.

But these are roomier in toebox and a cooler shoe (temperature wise) to wear in the summertime, so they do have an advantage over the ultraboost in that aspect

You're correct. He did mention that they were customs.
They are simple but look incredible. Nike really needs to update the color options.

oh ok thx.

they are :smokin along with those bred iDs above

Picked up a sz 12 at Ross for $14.

I'm a TS 12 but in these I go full sz up, but couldn't pass @ $14, and now I'm away from the house for the day in this sz12 that is killing my arch.

For reference, pic below is a 13 and my toe is about an 1/2 inch in front of the Swoosh on the toe.
Ton of room in the toe box if I pinch it but the shoe fits perfectly with that room in the front.

Last edited:
Picked up a sz 12 at Ross for $14.

I'm a TS 12 but in these I go full sz up, but couldn't pass @ $14, and now I'm away from the house for the day in this sz12 that is killing my arch.

For reference, pic below is a 13 and my toe is about an 1/2 inch in front of the Swoosh on the toe.
Ton of room in the toe box if I pinch it but the shoe fits perfectly with that room in the front.

Not bad for $14

I'm finding it harder than it otherwise might have been to get into these Utility Mids given the bar set by the Acronyms...

I'd sooner go for an AF1 winter boot if I'm gonna do it to be honest...not a huge fan of those

I think the grey pair of Utility Mids is cool. The regular utility pairs are looking really solid though. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom