More Asians on TV?

Originally Posted by lawinnn

Turn off the television.

Co-sign.
I know this really wasn't a whiner thread like the one about the movie "21," but if it bothers you, don't partake in it. Iunderstand that this was a more of a, "glad to see more Asians in entertainment," themed thread, but this whole striving for cultural diversity inentertainment media seems like a pointless cause. We should be worried about more important things than television and movies. Like shoes.

The media does promote stereotypes of Asian especially on MTV. I found myself watching NEXT ( don't ask me why
laugh.gif
) and there was this asian chick aboutto get out of the van and was like "i'm about to show him a taste of Asia", i was like SMH when I heard that and turned off the TV. Being labeledas smart is cool, but it has its limitations too..

yeah they have a bit more asians in commercials now, blacks too.

Give me asian american stars on the big screen/music industry.

haha dope thread. def been noticin em more in media, but still as standard roles. did u guys catch that monster? commercial with the agin asian dude? and hegoes thru the day seein himself with different jobs? makes him look like a total wuss but thought it was funny as hell.
cant seem to find it on youtube but hopefully u guys kno wat im talking about

THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CASTING OF THE DOMINOES BROOKLYN STYLE PIZZA AND SCOPE MOUTHWASH SHOULD BE SHOT. THEY CASTED MEN OF SHORT STATURE THUS EMBODYINGTHE ASIAN STEREOTYPE THAT ALL ASIANS ARE SHORT. YES IM MAD

Back
Top Bottom