Morning Workout APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Tried it once before class.

Was in a coma for the rest of the day.
laugh.gif

workout morning on tuesday and thursday (have no class those days) monday wed and friday afternoon after class

Funny that I see this thread, I was just beating myself up the other day about losing my "motivation" for going in the morning before work.  Like many others have said once you get use to going it makes a good difference in your day.  I also enjoyed the atmosphere at the gym, being alumni from the college still allows me access.  As we know college students are not going to get up at six in the morning to workout, much less anything else.  So many days, other than the staff working I was the only person in the building which was great.   I was going in the morning to workout and then after work was going back to play ball or if there was not a good crowd in the gym that day, run a few miles.  My best advice is go to bed at a decent time, believe it or not being able to be in the bed at 8:30 p.m.to 9:30p.m. is a beautiful thing and waking up about 5:30.  I always had my work clothes pressed, lunch prepared, and my gym bag /shower stuff ready.  I learned early on if I had to get up and do those things, I would get discouraged and not want to go.  I plan on getting on the early morning routine Jan 2nd which is the first Monday of the year.  One big thing that makes it tough for me to get up is when TNT starts showing playoff games, I want to watch both games and also watch Kenny & Chuck & Ernie (now add Shaq to the mix).  Like someone said earlier if you fall asleep after midnite you can hang up going in the morning you are not getting up.  Last year in the playoffs there was a game that went to triple overtime and I watched the entire game and then went to workout a few hours later.  NEVER EVER AGAIN, I do not know how I made it through that workout and thru work that day.
-On a side note what do yall eat before you go?  I usually drink an orange juice and eat a apple or somedays nothing at all.  Looking for something different to try....

Man I wish my schedule allowed me to work out in the mornings. Love waking up and going for a run first thing. But having to be at work at 6 and a 40 min commute kills that opportunity. I would have to wake up at like 3:30 for that to happen. Still like waking up on my off days and working out. Used to be able to workout in the morning, run and lift, then get in run for basketball in the evenings, now that schedule was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

The earliest I can go is like 10-11.... I need to eat a solid breakfast before I would out
ohwell.gif

This. I just can't do the gym early in the morning like that. 5pm or 6pm workouts.

Would love to workout first thing in the morning and get it out the way but working the night shift makes it very difficult. Im usually dead tired when I get off in the morning so I have to settle for late afternoon/evening workouts
30t6p3b.gif

Alarm set for 6 am.
pimp.gif

It is everyday though. Question is, has this thread provided me the motivation I need to actually get up?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Alarm set for 6 am.
pimp.gif

It is everyday though. Question is, has this thread provided me the motivation I need to actually get up?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i give it two days

nah...fight through it for two weeks, and you'll be straight

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

-On a side note what do yall eat before you go?  I usually drink an orange juice and eat a apple or somedays nothing at all.  Looking for something different to try....
If I'm just running (like 3-6 miles), I'll either eat nothing, or 1/3 of a granola bar and the smallest sip of water ever. Always
fear crapping myself during a run
laugh.gif

If I'm hitting the gym, it's usually either yogurt, 2 granola bars with a bit of water, or a pbj sandwich. Sometimes I eat a bit
heavier if I'm only going to the gym and not running, so I'll just do any ab exercises last to avoid any bloated/full feeling.

Been working out ranging from 12 am to 1 am for past year and I can't alter my routine. Last week I tried to start going in early morning for same reasons the OP mentioned but unlike how OP said the gym is empty in early morning; it's complete opposite my way where it's packed from 4 am to 10 am.

I'm too used to having a near empty gym so I just couldn't do it
30t6p3b.gif

I work from 8 am to 5 pm everyday btw so I'm pretty limited on times I can go.

Late night/super early morning just makes sense for me b/c I'm close to dead tired after work and need to kick back a little bit from 6 pm to 11 pm (I do a lot of work at home too since it's not entirely 5 hours of sitting on my ace).

Originally Posted by kdawg

I can't do that. I've tried plenty of times but I just feel dreadful the rest of the day - 11pm works much better for me for some reason.

Same, I get all my energy late in the day naturally. If I try to workout in the morning I feel like absolute @$@* the rest of the day. Dunno what OP is even talking about feeling energetic after a morning workout
laugh.gif
Must be nice. 

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

If I'm just running (like 3-6 miles), I'll either eat nothing, or 1/3 of a granola bar and the smallest sip of water ever. Always
fear crapping myself during a run
laugh.gif

If I'm hitting the gym, it's usually either yogurt, 2 granola bars with a bit of water, or a pbj sandwich. Sometimes I eat a bit
heavier if I'm only going to the gym and not running, so I'll just do any ab exercises last to avoid any bloated/full feeling.

roll.gif
Man I am not going to lie I have came close to this several times, luckily I live on the edge of town and there are woods close to wear I run most of the time.  Have had to dip out to relieve myself a couple times
sick.gif
laugh.gif
  Worst though is when you are in a neighborhood far from home and nowhere to go and the feeling just hits you out of nowhere.  When I run in the mornings now I keep it to a 2 mile loop around my neighborhood with several shortcuts back to the house just in case.

^ And thank you Deadset. I will now get up just to prove you wrong.
laugh.gif
bro...it's 1am (maybe midnight for you) and you're awake and on NT. who are you kidding
laugh.gif

West Coast playa. 10 pm.

Bed at 11 gives me 7 hours of sleep. Might be tired, but that will only help me get to bed tomorrow night to start a patter. I've got it all figured out you see.

West Coast playa. 10 pm.

Bed at 11 gives me 7 hours of sleep. Might be tired, but that will only help me get to bed tomorrow night to start a patter. I've got it all figured out you see.
laugh.gif

man west coast time would be CLUTCH for this, especially with prime time sports.

I can go early in the morning but I can't lift as heavy in the morning as I do mid afternoon evening, dunno why, maybe joints and muscles are still stiff because when I do go hard I feel like deadfish the rest of the day..and this is with more than enuff rest the previous nite before

Originally Posted by Caerus

I enjoy working out LATE. I'm talking midnight - 2:00 A.M.

Late workout dude myself - usually about 9pm though

How do you build your diet around working out that late?

Back
Top Bottom