Mortal Kombat 12

Ed Boon said this wasn't the 'gameplay trailer', and that we'll be getting another Omniman trailer soon with a stronger focus on gameplay.
Considering how impactful Kameos are on the game, *cough* CYRAX *cough*, I'm also really interested in the DLC Kameos and how they will change the game.

Love to see the Tremor Kameo but imo Tremor is worthy of being a main roster character. His design in MKX was amazing, though he did end up being extremely obnoxious.
In the final version of MKX, Crystalline Tremor was the undisputed #1 and it wasn't even close. He was in a tier of his own. Still incredibly cool character though, and all of his variations were unique and awesome.

Idk if the MK fans here follow the pro scene much but just in case, East Coast Throwdown (ECT) is taking place this week (20 to 22 October).
If you look at the stacked bracket, this will be the first big offline tourney with a lot of top tier competitors.
Bracket link:
https://www.start.gg/tournament/eas...-mortal-kombat-1-pro-kompetition-global-event
https://www.start.gg/tournament/east-coast-throwdown-2023/event/mortal-kombat-1-mortal-kombat-1-pro-kompetition-global-event/brackets?filter=%7B"phaseId"%3A1376123%2C"perPage"%3A16%7D
I'm very involved in the Mortal Kombat community on Twitch, am a moderator in various top players' streams etc and have good relations or good friendships with many competitors.
I can tell you this is the tournament they've all been looking and grinding towards. You can very likely to see some secret tech that players have been withholding specifically for this tourney.

I don't know which channel will stream ECT's MK1 bracket but I know the legends PND Ketchup and Mustard, who will be restreaming it over on
Ketchup and Mustard are both legends in the MK community and have competed and professionally commentated since the original MK9, while now mostly focusing on content creation and professional commentating, while still occasionally competing in offline tourneys.
Their youtube has tons of highly informed and interesting content (especially their "Competitive history of ...(character)" series, for anyone interested.
https://www.youtube.com/@PNDKM

If you happen to see me around on Twitch in a Mortal Kombat streamer's chat, feel free to say sup and shout out #NT or something so I recognize you as NT family.
My Twitch username is simply the number "50" so it's stands out very easily in any Twitch chat. Personally I don't stream or anything though.

Some other shouts:

Ed Boon said this wasn't the 'gameplay trailer', and that we'll be getting another Omniman trailer soon with a stronger focus on gameplay.
Considering how impactful Kameos are on the game, *cough* CYRAX *cough*, I'm also really interested in the DLC Kameos and how they will change the game.

Love to see the Tremor Kameo but imo Tremor is worthy of being a main roster character. His design in MKX was amazing, though he did end up being extremely obnoxious.
In the final version of MKX, Crystalline Tremor was the undisputed #1 and it wasn't even close. He was in a tier of his own. Still incredibly cool character though, and all of his variations were unique and awesome.

Idk if the MK fans here follow the pro scene much but just in case, East Coast Throwdown (ECT) is taking place this week (20 to 22 October).
If you look at the stacked bracket, this will be the first big offline tourney with a lot of top tier competitors.
Bracket link:
https://www.start.gg/tournament/eas...-mortal-kombat-1-pro-kompetition-global-event
https://www.start.gg/tournament/east-coast-throwdown-2023/event/mortal-kombat-1-mortal-kombat-1-pro-kompetition-global-event/brackets?filter=%7B"phaseId"%3A1376123%2C"perPage"%3A16%7D
I'm very involved in the Mortal Kombat community on Twitch, am a moderator in various top players' streams etc and have good relations or good friendships with many competitors.
I can tell you this is the tournament they've all been looking and grinding towards. You can very likely to see some secret tech that players have been withholding specifically for this tourney.

I don't know which channel will stream ECT's MK1 bracket but I know the legends PND Ketchup and Mustard, who will be restreaming it over on
Ketchup and Mustard are both legends in the MK community and have competed and professionally commentated since the original MK9, while now mostly focusing on content creation and professional commentating, while still occasionally competing in offline tourneys.
Their youtube has tons of highly informed and interesting content (especially their "Competitive history of ...(character)" series, for anyone interested.
https://www.youtube.com/@PNDKM

If you happen to see me around on Twitch in a Mortal Kombat streamer's chat, feel free to say sup and shout out #NT or something so I recognize you as NT family.
My Twitch username is simply the number "50" so it's stands out very easily in any Twitch chat. Personally I don't stream or anything though.

Some other shouts:

Hyped for East Coast Throwdown. Pulling for Rewind’s Reiko.

Hyped for East Coast Throwdown. Pulling for Rewind’s Reiko.
Rewind's been cooking, his Reiko is nasty.
Besides Ninjakilla and SonicFox for obvious reasons, I'm gonna be looking out for Titanium Tigerz, Sooneo, TheMightyUnjust and VGY (VideoGamesYo), who's from the UK and mains Shao. I'll be rooting for my guy Dittle though.
I haven't seen Sooneo play MK1 yet so I'm curious to see how he has adapted his MK11 zoning playstyle, where he was a top Robocop main.

Doesn't seem like the Chilean twins Nicolas and ScorpionProcs are attending ECT, I would've liked seeing if they could keep up their utter dominance since they showed up on the scene late in MK11's lifecycle.

I'm assuming either Sonic or Ninjakilla is gonna place 1st. Those 2 and the Chilean twins are just one or two steps above everyone else in terms of talent and execution.
I imagine there's gonna be lots and lots of Cyrax kameos, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Baraka and Ashrah of course, but I'm hoping to see VGY's Shao Kahn. Based on how Sonic has been feeling about Rain lately, I'm thinking we might see Sonic's Rain make a couple appearances too.

Deoxys (listed as "deo" in the bracket) is a Nitara character loyalist so that should be interesting too. As far as other low, mid or A tier characters I noticed, there's Ludi with his Sindel.
Disappointed to not see Honeybee there, the former #1 Dvorah loyalist who's arguably the best Reptile currently.

Last edited:
Rewind's been cooking, his Reiko is nasty.
Besides Ninjakilla and SonicFox for obvious reasons, I'm gonna be looking out for Titanium Tigerz, Sooneo, TheMightyUnjust and VGY (VideoGamesYo), who's from the UK and mains Shao. I'll be rooting for my guy Dittle though.
I haven't seen Sooneo play MK1 yet so I'm curious to see how he has adapted his MK11 zoning playstyle, where he was a top Robocop main.

Doesn't seem like the Chilean twins Nicolas and ScorpionProcs are attending ECT, I would've liked seeing if they could keep up their utter dominance since they showed up on the scene late in MK11's lifecycle.

I'm assuming either Sonic or Ninjakilla is gonna place 1st. Those 2 and the Chilean twins are just one or two steps above everyone else in terms of talent and execution.
I imagine there's gonna be lots and lots of Cyrax kameos, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Baraka and Ashrah of course, but I'm hoping to see VGY's Shao Kahn. Based on how Sonic has been feeling about Rain lately, I'm thinking we might see Sonic's Rain make a couple appearances too.

Deoxys (listed as "deo" in the bracket) is a Nitara character loyalist so that should be interesting too. As far as other low, mid or A tier characters I noticed, there's Ludi with his Sindel.
Disappointed to not see Honeybee there, the former #1 Dvorah loyalist who's arguably the best Reptile currently.
I’m super curious to see if Sonic is gonna pull out the Rain for this tournament. Don’t sleep on Xombat either I expect him to do well.

That being said I’m completely with you on predictions. Those guys are on another level.

I’m super curious to see if Sonic is gonna pull out the Rain for this tournament. Don’t sleep on Xombat either I expect him to do well.

That being said I’m completely with you on predictions. Those guys are on another level.
Yeah Xombat did well in MK11 too, also with Johnny Cage. His name was Kombat back then but he changed it due to "Kombat" harming his discoverability. Most results if you type MK Kombat in the google or Twitter searchbar are about the game, not him. So he changed it to Xombat for that reason.

Depending on the matchup I'd definitely expect Sonic to bring on out the Rain.
I'm not sure if FoxyGrampa will be there, I'll have to ask him later. I know he always signs up early just so he doesn't miss out signing up but sometimes he doesn't end up going and DQ's.
If he's there, definitely don't sleep on him either. I'm a longtime moderator in his stream so I'm biased but the achievements speak for themselves. He's by far the EU's most decorated player in terms of tournament trophies and medals, and he's beaten Sonic offline in tourney before.

EU's 2nd best player VideoGamesYo, known as VGY, is definitely one to look out for too.
VGY placed 3rd in Viennality (EU major offline) recently while mostly playing Shao Kahn. He has said in bigger tournies he's not going to handicap himself by sticking to Shao the whole run though, he's there to win. I forgot who came second at Viennality but the winner, MK Azerbaijan, is definitely an exciting prospect too. He started making waves late in MK11's lifespan. Literally, as he was a dedicated Rain main and took Rain to a top 8 finish at Dragon Temple.

FellowchuckerMikey FellowchuckerMikey
East Coast Throwdown, the first major offline MK1 tourney starting soon! 4PM EST

Official stream is on NRS' channel but others like PND Ketchup and Mustard (who I'm sure you're familiar with if you follow the MK competitive scene) are also re-streaming it.

FellowchuckerMikey FellowchuckerMikey
East Coast Throwdown, the first major offline MK1 tourney starting soon! 4PM EST

Official stream is on NRS' channel but others like PND Ketchup and Mustard (who I'm sure you're familiar with if you follow the MK competitive scene) are also re-streaming it.

Already watching. Best set so far was that Mileena/Shao that went to the last round.

The hybrid characters at the end of the story mode were too detailed to not turn that into a real thing.

Back
Top Bottom