Most Disappointing Careers In Hip Hop?

I might be showing my age, but there was a rap group called the 'Alkaholiks, or the Liks' for short. They had a cat named Tash(Catashtraphe) was cold as it got, dude rocked songs with Kurupt, hell, he even got down with the Chef, and always held his own. I think he would've blown up if his record company (Loud) would have pushed him.

Last edited:
Another MC than should be among the greats IMO is 

Rapper-DMX-001.jpg

He is though. X's spot among the list of rap's elite is solidified.
Idk man that's a tough one I loved X just like everybody else I just feel like his career is missing something to be considered an Elite. He should be way bigger than what he is...He literally had it all and dropped the ball which IMO Is more of a disappointment than a freestyle rapper than never blew.

X had a great career to me. 

From the string of number 1 albums; he actually achieved way more than I expected.

He wasn't that nice. 

The Cool Kids.

They were at the forefront of the retro/hipster rap movement....had a mean hit with Black Mags which managed to get featured in a commercial, swear everywhere I walked I heard that song. Featured in Rolling Stone, had a few songs featured in games around that very same time....but nothing came of it in the long run.

Last edited:
^^^ unfortunate that those 2 won't be doing any music together anytime soon. Chuck still is one of my favorite producers of today though.

DMX's name should never be mentioned in this thread.  As a rapper he had one of the greatest careers ever and is a living legend. 

IDAHIH is a classic.  He completely changed the game with it too.  Remember, Puff was on top at this point with a real clean polished and pop sound, while DMX brought back that raw, gritty and hard sound.

He had two number one albums released in the same year.  His consistency is unmatched.  Not to mention he had a pretty successful acting career during his run at the top as well.  Belly, Cradle to the Grave, Romeo Must Die.

Speaking of female MCs, Mia X comes to mind. Always thought she could spit...
She had a nice flow and killed it on the posse cuts they had. Her solo work had wack subject matter, so it didn't really show off her skills.

I heard she was a beast in the underground N.O. music scene before No Limit blew.

Back
Top Bottom