most undeserving MVP'S of any major sport

Antidope, not saying TD wasn't worthy that year, but Kidd made a stronger case. I forgot for a second that you would respond to that 
laugh.gif

Yep. Every criteria aside from statistics.

Yeah, because his statline wasn't impressive.

Smh. Where did I ever say or allude to that his statline wasnt impressive?!?

**Disclaimer**
I think Derrick Rose is very good. I think he had an outstanding 2011 season. I love watching him play.

With that being said, I still think his statistics dont match up with other MVP candidates. That article posted above does a much better job of explaining how Rose didnt deserve the award as much as others did, than I can. All I can say is that there is very little evidence that supports the idea that Rose's MVP award was given to the correct player.

Yep. Every criteria aside from statistics.

Yeah, because his statline wasn't impressive.

**Disclaimer**
I think Derrick Rose is very good. I think he had an outstanding 2011 season. I love watching him play.

With that being said, I still think his statistics dont match up with other MVP candidates. That article posted above does a much better job of explaining how Rose didnt deserve the award as much as others did, than I can. All I can say is that there is very little evidence that supports the idea that Rose's MVP award was given to the correct player.

View media item 550324

**Disclaimer**

25/7.7/4 is not MVP worthy? Wade averaged 25/5/5 that year and was in the MVP discussion.

I'm not trying to say you're hating on Rose. I'm just saying a lot of people think his MVP is undeserved when I don't think that's true. Let's break it down:

-Dwight's team finished 4th in the East
-LeBron's team finished with a worse record than his Cavs did a year before and no one is arguing that the Cavs in 2010 were not better than the Heat when Bron jumped ship
-Rose made a significant leap in terms of his level of play and the best record, considering the Bulls were only considered to be a 3rd/4th seed team in the weaker conference
-Also consider Rose being the only shot creator for the Bulls, and Boozer missed action for the first few months. Teams were still not able to contain him.

Lebron and Dwight are bigger impact players yes, but Rose is still extremely important to his team. The defense was a huge part of the team improving that season but they would not have succeeded if Rose didn't make that progression. Last season was indicative of that.

I tend to think people judge his character (understandable) after his return controversy last season and use that as a reason to detract from his MVP but no doubt in my mind he deserved that award. Like Nash did too.

Last edited:
jason kidd in his prime was that dude , hopefully he can get deron williams back on track

Last edited:
It helped Rose's case that the Bulls went from 41 to 62 wins (#8 seed to #1 seed), while Miami increased by 11 wins even with adding LeBron and Bosh. That's always the way I've viewed it. Rose took a leap that season, and carried the team. LeBron might have had great numbers, but not cracking 60 wins didn't help, along with the Bulls making a tremendous leap under a first year head coach.

Durant took the thunder from 23 wins to 50 in the west in 2010

Why is it always so personal with you Bulls fans?  You guys are something else.  Just because many people dont believe Rose was the most deserving player of the MVP award that year, doesn't mean that people are "hating on" Derrick Rose. 

Most, if not all of us, genuinely enjoy watching him play. 

But you guys are making it seem like Rose was trash.... he was 7th in he nba in per in his 3rd year, only player in the nba top 10 in scoring and assists, and had his team see a 21 win improvement from the year before. He even took the one seed from a MUCH more talented team. People mentioning that that should have been lebrons mvp are smoking rocks. The only other worthy candidate was Howard, and the bulls won more games end of story.

Dirk deserved MVP in 06 and they gave him one he didn't deserve in 07.

Dirk took a team that started Adrian griffin and Desagna Diop to the best record in the West and the Finals.

But you guys are making it seem like Rose was trash....

This is what bothers me most. In ancient history, people just plainly say "oh, he didn't deserve it" (like Malone or Barkley over Jordan). But, when it comes to Rose in 2011, it's like somebody raped their mother. Rose wasn't a bum that year. He had a great season and carried his team to the best record in the NBA.

Look at that 2002 San Antonio Spurs roster and convince yourself Tim Duncan didn't deserve the MVP that year. Duncan was no question the best player in basketball that season.

Look at that 2002 San Antonio Spurs roster and convince yourself Tim Duncan didn't deserve the MVP that year. Duncan was no question the best player in basketball that season.
Defiantly was a good year. For him, I think. A case could have been made for both shaq and Kidd considering they got pritty well swept that year from the second round.

But you guys are making it seem like Rose was trash....
This is what bothers me most. In ancient history, people just plainly say "oh, he didn't deserve it" (like Malone or Barkley over Jordan). But, when it comes to Rose in 2011, it's like somebody raped their mother. Rose wasn't a bum that year. He had a great season and carried his team to the best record in the NBA.
Thats because you are being overly sensitive.  You say its like someone raped my mother, but in actuality, its YOU guys that are the ones who have the nerve touched.  Do you see any Suns fans getting all bent out of shape when people say Nash didnt deserve his MVP?

Look guys, again, there isnt a single person that has ever posted on NT that claims Rose didnt have a fantastic year.  He did.  A lot of people just dont feel he deserved the MVP....and point to countless statistics, articles, beliefs to argue their case.  And whenever someone does, the butthurtness begins. 

I dont see it as undeserving but what about Lebron over Durant in the 11-12 season. Durants team won more games and Durant led the league in scoring and was near identical in rebounds to Lebron. Lebron had the edge in assists tho.

I dont see it as undeserving but what about Lebron over Durant in the 11-12 season. Durants team won more games and Durant led the league in scoring and was near identical in rebounds to Lebron. Lebron had the edge in assists tho.

Edge? He damn near doubled his assist totals while only averaging 1 less point.

Dirk deserved MVP in 06 and they gave him one he didn't deserve in 07.

Dirk took a team that started Adrian griffin and Desagna Diop to the best record in the West and the Finals.[/quote

You do realize MVP is a regular season award, right?

And Dirk definitely deserved it the year they lost in the 1st round.

Last edited:
2012 nfl mvp adrian peterson

2097 yards, 12 tds, vikings finished 10-6

don't get me wrong it was great tv especially after that knee surgery. 12 tds? vikings record 10-6? yes he had a bunch of yards but they did not translate to tds or a top record in the nfc.

(flame suit on)

Edge? He damn near doubled his assist totals while only averaging 1 less point.

Right...like i said he had the edge. didnt say how much. still tho i think a lot of durant fans gelt he was robbed. i did until lbj won the chip. personally i think that helps prove what player truly deserved the award (when its super close between 2 players) even of it is a regular season achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
2012 nfl mvp adrian peterson

2097 yards, 12 tds, vikings finished 10-6

don't get me wrong it was great tv especially after that knee surgery. 12 tds? vikings record 10-6? yes he had a bunch of yards but they did not translate to tds or a top record in the nfc.

(flame suit on)

i have no prob with AD winning the award. he drug that horrible vikings team into the playoffs with an amazing season. who should have won it then?

Back
Top Bottom