Motivational quotes to keep you going.

I'm a consultant and also do ecommerce.

My buddy is in Charlotte. It boggles my mind how expensive flight to CLT from LAX is. I can almost go to Asia for the same amount :lol: CLT is on the list to visit just to study the landscape.

Quotes are good, but most people don't do anything with it. They see a quote on social media that says something like "Hustle harder". They get amped for a second and work faster for 20 minutes and go right back to texting on their phone :lol:

I'm pretty big on deep talks. These are some of my favs.

This one starts at about the 10 min mark because of his sponsors. London Real is a great channel.

Tim Ferris got his popularity from the book The 4 Hour Work Week. His interview with Jamie Foxx is too dope. The grind is appreciated, from picking a unisex name Jamie Foxx to increase his chance of getting call backs at the beginning of his careers to networking with Puff.

One of my fav podcast personality. I always listen to this when I do long drives:

http://themfceo.com/podcast/
Tell me about it lol. Flights out west can be congruent to cost of flights to South America--if a transfer flight out of MIA is an option.

Great post. The podcast you recommended is bookmarked; I will give it a listen tomorrow.

As for connecting, would you mind connecting via message or email? Our conversation is interesting, but so is the contribution from the NT community. I do not want to interfere with the exemplary posts from everyone.

As a contribution, check out "Rejection Proof" from Jia Jiang. There is no specific quote since it is a series about overcoming failures, but it is inevitably motivational.

Last edited:
9148e54d-57c1-4466-97bb-68c2cba280d2.jpg

Concentrate every minute on doing what's in front of you with precise and genuine seriousness, tenderly, willingly, with justice. And on freeing yourself from all other distractions. Yes, you can, if you do everything as if it were the last thing you were doing in your life, and stop being aimless, stop letting your emotions override what your mind tells you, stop being hypocritical, self-centered, irritable. You see how few things you have to do to live a satisfying and reverent life? If you can manage this, that's all even the gods can ask of you.

- Marcus Aurelius

Last edited:
We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.

- Theodore Roosevelt

It is satisfaction to a man to do the proper works of a man.

- Marcus Aurelius

Struggle is the meaning of Life.

Defeat or victory is in the hands of God.

But struggle itself is one’s duty and should be one’s joy.

Invictus

" Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul."

Invictus

" Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul."

Brings back bad memories of pledging but still fire :nthat:

I didn't like college, I learned from doing odd jobs and being with people who knew more than a over paid professor who does drugs, cause his wife is getting banged out. Turn 27 in two days its whatever if God added another year to my life it's cool. But I'm still gonna work these odd jobs and learn from the people who know more. Even if some cat who does credit cards scams and drives the BMW and I'm taking the bus with my honest money.

Back
Top Bottom