Motorola Droid Verizon Wireless

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by nnarum

just got two brand new droids. how much can i bump these off for?
Probably less than $299... I hope you got them under retail if you're planning on flipping. I don't see why anyone would want to buy from a random person when they could get a new one for around the same price you'll probably end up charging.

These things aren't like the talking elmo dolls or how the Wii was demand wise.
got them for free.
Oh, disregard what I said and make that paper. I would say at least $225 each. Right now they have a mail in rebate, but you could def savesomeone the trouble by selling them around that much.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

mad.gif

So about 2/3 nights ago my phone prompted me that it had to do an update... so I let it update

After the update it made me resign into facebook, and asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts. I chose the option to only sync existing contacts with facebook.

Now I was just going through my contacts and like 50 of them just disappeared.

What doesn't make sense is that some of my friends who have their numbers listed on facebook have disappeared, some haven't, and some who don't even have facebook didn't disappear, while some have. So I can't have to do with that syncing?

mad.gif

And in my messaging I still have my conversations going, it still displays peoples full names, yet I don't have the option to add them to my contacts? !@! is going on

Same thing happened to me bro...just click contact and mess around with the sync options and eventually your disappeared contacts come back...BTW I really didn't see an improvement in battery life. I work 8 hours a day and by the end of every shift my phone is dead....that's with on a full charge and in my pocket doing nothing, I text/browse on my break that's about it. Only gripe at the moment with this phone everything else is wonderful

cragmatic: you gotta go to contacts and the press the touchscreen menu button and hit sync contacts from sd card. thats how i got all mine back.

Mikey: The reason your battery is dying is probably because service is limited in your job so your phone is constantly searching for service. I work in ahospital and this has happened to all my phones (envy-voyager-pocket p.c). my way around this is to put the phone in airplane mode when your not using it. allyou have to do is hold the button on the top of the phone and a menu will pop up and choose it from there. all airplane mode does is stop your phone fromsearching for service. I do this with mine and i charge it like once every couple of days. Hope this helped !

yup when i try and type fast i end up typing slang so sorry about the grammar

Any other must have apps? I got the Pandora and Weather Channel ones right now...

man you gotta get locale' basically the player app for your phone. you can set it to change ringer setting depending on where u are automatically. so say i go home and dont want my girl to know im gettin calls i can have a preset so that as soon as i get in my house it gets put on silent. i think you can have up to 3 different settings for this. Also check out imusic which lets you download music from your phone and save it for free. also grab mabilo ringtones lets you download free ringtones to your phone. Instant lyric lite will display the lyrics for watever song your currently playing from your phone. Last youve gotta grab the barcode scanner. scan the new pickups and see if you can get them cheaper anywhere else

I've tried that.. when I go to contacts I go to settings and theres an import/export option... I hit import from SD card... and nothing happens
frown.gif

hmmm. Dont know what to tell you. Because i dont have any other apps that would back up my contacts....actually i have this virus protection on my droid calledlookout. that might have helped i suggest you grab it.

Well whats odd is on contacts, theres a favorites tab.. that has a few other of my contacts in there... Yet it still wont let me sync them together...

Edit nvm.. i had to export my contacts to SD card, than import them back in

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]How is this? i fooled around with it, couldn't +$!% w. the keyboard thou....and i thought theiphone one was bad....[/color]

Thanks bay...ill try the airplane mode thing...but am I still logged into AIM and receive texts when I switch it back?

Its basically like u just don't have service so while its on u won't get calls or text but as soon as I turn mine back on I get all the texts that Inormally would have

Probably less than $299... I hope you got them under retail if you're planning on flipping. I don't see why anyone would want to buy from a random person when they could get a new one for around the same price you'll probably end up charging.

got them for free.
Oh, disregard what I said and make that paper. I would say at least $225 each. Right now they have a mail in rebate, but you could def save someone the trouble by selling them around that much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This dude don't know what he's talking about. You'll get $400 for each of them.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

got them for free.
Oh, disregard what I said and make that paper. I would say at least $225 each. Right now they have a mail in rebate, but you could def save someone the trouble by selling them around that much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

From who? You can get one new for around $199 with the rebate... Who would be ******ed enough to buy one for that much? You still need servicetoo, why not just buy it while you get a contract?

got them for free.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

From who? You can get one new for around $199 with the rebate... Who would be ******ed enough to buy one for that much? You still need service too, why not just buy it while you get a contract?

Someone that doesn't want to be tied down to Verizon for 2 years or someone that stays switching up phones.......there's a lot of people like this

Just got my phone in the mail, what do I need to do with it? What apps are mandatory?

And do I gotta pay for the apps?

Its a ton of apps mandatory. Make sure you get that AndroZip, Task Killer (saves battery life), the pdf reader and tons others in that app store.

Has anyone text message threads after a couple weeks get erased. this the SECOND time this done happened. How do i stop this from happening?

Here's another thing:

If I get a text message, how come I get a notification for the Android Messaging, AND the Handcent app? If someone texts me, I just want ONE notification.

If I open my text message in Handcent, I don't want the notification to still be on the status bar for the Android messaging. Then I have to go and openthe same message in the Android messaging in order for that icon to disappear from the status bar.

Back
Top Bottom