Motorsport VI fire red customs

not the greatest shops, sorry. i have fire red angelus paints and have considered doing something like the following.

fire1.jpg

fire2qy.jpg

fire3d.jpg

i'll never sell them, so don't worry about "value". what do you think?

edit: title changed, the customs was done ages ago now.

Yeah, man. I actually kinda dig that. The first one is definitely the nicest though. Maybe you should try a different color though, like maybe a Royal, Motorsport, or Carolina Blue?

You should PS how the fire red would look if it was placed like the old infrared samples

that's the middle one, rick. my wife prefers that one, but i'm with the guys in this thread, that looks a bit much..... maybe... i'm quite likely to do this custom, but just really unsure of how....

i might put some red on the heel tab too. any thoughts?

^^ I think that the people saying no think that they look ugly because im kind of on that note dont do it. Actually its up to you if you like it do it.

Dont do that! I think that the motorsport 6 is one of the nicest shoes ive ever bought, and I like the original design. Dont add the red, its so out of place. the shoe was made to match the motorcycle team design so you totally remove that aspect of the sneaker. goodbye integrity

fair enough. differences in taste is cool as beans feedback and much appreciated.

if i go ahead with the project, which is pretty likely at the moment, i'll definitely document it and share how i go.

and if you absolutely have to, do the first one, it looks the most natural. i agree with the others, design number 2 is terrible. post pics when your done

can you add to the PS of the first pic,
add the fire red to the back pull tab?
(i think it would have a better balance of the FR)

and i like the first one,
some minor adjustments, but still looks clean....

pimp.gif

work has begun, and despite some earlier scares, it's starting to take some sweet shape. i want to steer clear from the infra styles, so i'm heading towards something like:

fire3a.jpg

pics to come as soon as i find my camera cable
smile.gif

^^^I like those...maybe even do the AIR JORDAN on the tongue too.....

Originally Posted by jman219

Dont do that! I think that the motorsport 6 is one of the nicest shoes ive ever bought, and I like the original design. Dont add the red, its so out of place. the shoe was made to match the motorcycle team design so you totally remove that aspect of the sneaker. goodbye integrity
Well....considering he's probably not on the Jordan motorcycle team, I don't think he needs to worry about them matching.  And that has nothing to do with integrity.  In fact, having the balls to do what you like, regardless of how others feel about it shows integrity.

That being said, I like the touch of red concept.  The all black/white is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand the M6, and this breaks it up quite nicely to me.

^well said. aside from the name of some colourways, the jordan racing team is nonexistent to me.

now for some pics

masking
dsc03797b.jpg

dsc03799w.jpg

painting
dsc03800k.jpg

dsc03802k.jpg

drying
dsc03804s.jpg

just applied some finisher
dsc03806b.jpg

yeah i know not many would do this to "premium" vi, but then not many would wear them on the great wall too
dsc03364c.jpg

Awwwww.....the shoes returned back home. J/K!

I actually like that a lot. Reminds me very much of the white/fire red Vs, which were the first shoes that started my Air Jordan obsession. I could easily see these as something Nike would have released back in '91 as an official colorway, especially with them matching the Bulls uniform.

Your paint job came out nice, I wouldn't have done that but do what you want with your own shoes. Nice work.

they would look better with clear soles
sidenote: please tell me those are custom mars IVs in the background

Back
Top Bottom