MotorTrend - 2007 Audi RS4 vs 2008 BMW M3 vs 2008 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG

Thanks for the vid... I just read the Car and Driver with the same comparo. I really need a new M3 in my life. but why in the hell should you need to go intothe idrive to use the m button. why isnt the power just there all the time

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

but why in the hell should you need to go into the idrive to use the m button. why isnt the power just there all the time

I agree, especially since iDrive is being touted as a piece of crap.

'Just push a button away for your happiness'.. yes, M3 indeed!
smokin.gif

read the Car and Driver comparison as well, cant wait to see them compare the M3 to the RS5/Lexus ISF/etc

I agree, especially since iDrive is being touted as a piece of crap.
I-drive is great, the best system is any car out today. I love mine, and I wouldnt get another bmw without it.

That being said, when my lease is up I will be giving up my E92 for that monster M3. Crimson red as well!!

RS4 >>>>> ___

I absolutely love that car. Very classy...MB lost some of its appeal to me, M3 is kinda ugly with that hood.

Audi's grill is just so mean lookin...straight menacing/evil, very European. Like Bridgette Nielson
wink.gif
laugh.gif

An aggressive right foot generates can't-help-smiling burnouts, while a more restrained squeeze yields a fuss-free launch, followed by a hair-raising 3.9-second explosion to 60 mph, easily outrunning the other two. Upshifts happen quickly, leaving just the smallest interruption in the surge of power on the way to a blazing 12.3-second quarter-mile at 116 mph, and the Benz keeps charging hard until it runs headfirst into its 153-mph speed governor.
From Car and Driver.

^ Just saw that, MB/AMG listed some conservative numbers...I wouldn't think the car mag journalists would be able to produce better 0-60 times thanMB's test drivers. If C&D really did rip off a 3.9, wow. With the amount of torque that motor puts out, traction control must have been working OT tokeep that car from breaking loose.

i trust car and drivers stats. alot of companies under rate their cars power on purpose.

Mercedes is known to underrate their stats bc of insurance reasons (or so i've heard)...

I also think a few years ago Lexus was sued for overstating/embellishing their #s, so I guess that's another reason for car companies to do it...

That Benz is sick tho...

Back
Top Bottom