MouthPiece For Basketball. Who here wears one?

I'm looking to start wearing a mouthpiece or mouth guard for playin basketball. I play in Men's leagues and pick up games. I dont have a good dental plan so i need help on how and where to get one.

I know theyre probably at a sports department store, but ive heard the best way to get them is customize size to your fit.

I'm looking to start wearing a mouthpiece or mouth guard for playin basketball. I play in Men's leagues and pick up games. I dont have a good dental plan so i need help on how and where to get one.

I know theyre probably at a sports department store, but ive heard the best way to get them is customize size to your fit.

what position do you play and what level is the league at that you are playing in?

for some weird reason, i found myself playing more aggressively with a mouthpiece and im a guard

what position do you play and what level is the league at that you are playing in?

for some weird reason, i found myself playing more aggressively with a mouthpiece and im a guard

I just use a Shock Doctor I got from Sports Authority. After seeing a friend getting his tooth knocked out, I've been wearing one.

I just use a Shock Doctor I got from Sports Authority. After seeing a friend getting his tooth knocked out, I've been wearing one.

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

I play in a pretty competitive league. I would say its a league where most high school basketball kids go after graduating. I play guard. And i've heard the same story where when wearing a mouthguard will make you much more aggressive.

where did you get yours?

I play in a pretty competitive league. I would say its a league where most high school basketball kids go after graduating. I play guard. And i've heard the same story where when wearing a mouthguard will make you much more aggressive.

where did you get yours?

Go to D.icks and get one. Get the thinner one that is made for Basketball. Don't get the bulkier one that is for football.

I always have to get new ones because I end up chewing on them during dead balls
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Go to D.icks and get one. Get the thinner one that is made for Basketball. Don't get the bulkier one that is for football.

I always have to get new ones because I end up chewing on them during dead balls
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by danextjordan23

where did you get yours?

yeah i think its just a mental thing for me.  i draw more contact now on drives  compared to when i didnt use a piece. 

I go with the underarmour guard, its like 16 bucks. for me, its.easy to breathe with but i find myself spitting through the airways sometimes
laugh.gif

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...eces/pid8155033-O-Flow-Mouthguard/8155033-001

where did you get yours?

yeah i think its just a mental thing for me.  i draw more contact now on drives  compared to when i didnt use a piece. 

I go with the underarmour guard, its like 16 bucks. for me, its.easy to breathe with but i find myself spitting through the airways sometimes
laugh.gif

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...eces/pid8155033-O-Flow-Mouthguard/8155033-001

where did you get yours?

laugh.gif

wow that UnderArmor one looks neat. I was looking at the Shock Doctor guards and they look good as well. I cant be picky when it comes to firsts, so i gotta choose one now. Thanks for the info dude

where did you get yours?

laugh.gif

wow that UnderArmor one looks neat. I was looking at the Shock Doctor guards and they look good as well. I cant be picky when it comes to firsts, so i gotta choose one now. Thanks for the info dude

Originally Posted by dreClark

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

are these the heat n bite ones or just regular? Link?

I'm lookin to try one out as well..

Originally Posted by dreClark

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

are these the heat n bite ones or just regular? Link?

I'm lookin to try one out as well..

Started over the summer after getting that annoying hit under the jaw again that leaves the bone by your ear feeling crazy for like a week. Really appreciate it as I've taken at least 5 or 6 more shots since

Started over the summer after getting that annoying hit under the jaw again that leaves the bone by your ear feeling crazy for like a week. Really appreciate it as I've taken at least 5 or 6 more shots since

Back
Top Bottom