Movies YOU Think That Should Have Won A OSCAR Award.

spot rusherz

Banned
I just finished watchin Set It Off again (I had it on TiVo)..I haven't seen it in like 5 years
laugh.gif

This movie should have won a Oscar award or at least NOMINATED ...They weregoin hard.

The story to this movie was on point...and the ending was perfect..

Theres a lot of other movies that should have won Oscar awards...Menace II Society,New Jack City, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction...etc.

What movies do you think should have won, or at least be nominated for a Oscar Award??

don cheadle's character "mouse" in devil in a blue dress. he should have won or got nominated for best supporting actor. one of denzel's bestmovies.

I dunno about an Oscar, but Ong Bak should've gotten at least an MTV movie award for best actions sequences.

Theres a lot of other movies that should have won Oscar awards...Menace II Society,New Jack City, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction
Well first off, your wrong for thinking set it off deserves anything. Secondly another
indifferent.gif
for those first two in that list. and if you really liked those secondtwo films you would know that they both won Oscar's Pulp Fiction was nominated for 7 and won 1 for best screenplay. Goodfellas was nominated for 6 academyawards and Joe Pesci won for best supporting actor, he also gave the shortest speech in oscar history for his win . . . and no denzel didnt deserve anythingfor john q

I like that reduce said denzel for the hurricane, he played a great role, but, i do think kevin spacey was better than everyone in American Beauty

Pulp Fiction may have won best picture if it wasn't going up against the almighty movie Forrest Gump

Russell Crowe - Best Lead Actor for A Beautiful Mind (robbed by Denzel. Yes, I said ROBBED)
The Shawshank Redemption - Best Picture (went up against Forrest Gump)
Felicity Huffman - Best Supporting Actress for Transamerica (Lost to Reese Witherspoon)
The Aviator - Best Picture (lost to Million Dollar Baby)
Don Cheadle - Best Lead Actor for Hotel Rwanda (lost to Jamie Foxx, he was winning hands down anyway)
Thomas Haden Church - Best Supporting Actor for Sideways (lost to Morgan Freeman - love Freeman, but I don't think he was that great in that movie)
Gus Van Sant - Director for Good Will Hunting (lost to Jimmy Cameron for Titanic)
Sean Penn - Best Lead Actor for Dead Man Walking (Nic Cage won that year I think)
Ed Norton - Best Lead Actor for American History X (Lost to the Italian dude)
Paul Giamatti didn't even get nominated for Sideways, should've replaced Johnny Depp as a nominee

So yeah. I don't agree with the Academy very often.

Pulp Fiction may have won best picture if it wasn't going up against the almighty movie Forrest Gump
I dont care what anyone says, i think Forrest Gump deserved Best Picture, and Hanks deserved best Actor, hands down no doubt about it.

Originally Posted by bbanks707

Theres a lot of other movies that should have won Oscar awards...Menace II Society,New Jack City, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction
Well first off, your wrong for thinking set it off deserves anything. Secondly another
indifferent.gif
for those first two in that list. and if you really liked those second two films you would know that they both won Oscar's Pulp Fiction was nominated for 7 and won 1 for best screenplay. Goodfellas was nominated for 6 academy awards and Joe Pesci won for best supporting actor, he also gave the shortest speech in oscar history for his win . . . and no denzel didnt deserve anything for john q

I like that reduce said denzel for the hurricane, he played a great role, but, i do think kevin spacey was better than everyone in American Beauty

Agreed, no way any "hood movies" are gonna win an oscar.

daniel day lewis-gangs of new york
judi dench-notes on a scandal
i always thought elijah wood was good in the lord of the rings trilogy

Malcolm X shoulda swept the Oscars in '93

Best Director
Best Actor
Best Picture

Do The Right Thing shoulda won Best Screenplay in '90

good will hunting for best picture, personally i think its better than Titanic
also Shakespeare in Love winning over Saving Private Ryan and Life is Beautiful

Good Night, and Good Luck getting robbed by the abortion that was Crash.

Back
Top Bottom