Moving out...... Enough to pay the rent. Anyone done it?

Im planning on moving out and if I do I will have enough money to pay the rent and maybe like $200.00 left over to buy food etc.

Anyone ever done something like this... living the hard way for a couple months etc.? and still going to school?

gotta get out my comfort zone...
frown.gif

200 left over for food is not enough for the month even if you eat at home every single day.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

200 for food for the month? Lol, you skinny huh?

laugh.gif
Not that skinny

It's gonna tougher than I thought.

I re calculated and with a roomaid I might pull this off, taking utilities into consideration. Ill be livin on some bum tip for a bit.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

its just you? and you cant live off 200/month for food and $@+*?
thats a shame
tired.gif
200 is NOT enough for food, laundry, soap, toilet paper, etc etc

for ONE person.. yes it is.

although im a big supporter of this idea, i'd go ahead and say it's gonna be very difficult. i was doing this in college, and i was scraping to get by.$200 a month for food sounds a lot, but if you break it down, you gotta be able to portion your meals and possibly might have to skip meals.

also, if you'll only have $200 left over to buy food and so forth that's not enough as you may have unexpected costs (i.e. books, transportation, goingout) arise.

i could go either way: living at home w/free rent FTW! but living away from home during college FTW!

nevertheless, good luck man.

200 is enough/ Join school gym in the process.
Oats + eggs for breakfast with milk: milk$5 16 servings, oats $3 30 servings, eggs: ? for a dozen
150+150 (whole milk) +80= decent breakfast. throw in some toast. Save a ton of money.

lean chicken, some condiments yada yada. you can do it. I do on $150 a month

Damn, good luck to you. I haven't moved out yet but I'm bout to in a year and a half or so.

Right now I'm workin two jobs, 1 to pay off bills/gas/haircuts/clothes, and the other which pays more but I'm savin all of it for my Apartment/SchoolTuition money.

Clockin bout 72 hours a Week and I never go out on the Weekdays. Still do what I gotta do and party Friday-Sunday though, just cuts back ALOT of theproductive @#++ I want to do. But I figure the more hours I work, the quicker I'm out on my own goin to school to do what I want to do FREELY. The Careerpath I'm takin wont even be enough at the entry-level but it's somethin I wouldnt mind doin everyday. If it fails I'm probably going to enlist inthe Military but I don't even wanna think about that.

I've been lookin thoroughly at places where I should move, done the math and I'm forcin myself to work even longer cause I'd rather move out withmore than double of what I need. Hopefully by next summer or even longer.
smh.gif

Or you can eat a lot of taco bell.
400 in a 7 layer or so calories 3 times a day: 1.5 = <$150 a month, 1200 cal + intake= survival without going into hunger mode

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

its just you? and you cant live off 200/month for food and $@+*?
thats a shame
tired.gif
200 is NOT enough for food, laundry, soap, toilet paper, etc etc

for ONE person.. yes it is.

Nah..

If he only has 200 left after rent is paid, he's gonna be in a bad situation. how would u pay for your phone? cable? gas/metrocard?

Novaflight I don't agree....u gotta factor in male/female, size of person. Quality of food. I dunno bout yall.....

Originally Posted by Russoull

Right now I'm workin two jobs, 1 to pay off bills/gas/haircuts/clothes, and the other which pays more but I'm savin all of it for my Apartment/School Tuition money.

I've been lookin thoroughly at places where I should move, done the math and I'm forcin myself to work even longer cause I'd rather move out with more than double of what I need. Hopefully by next summer or even longer.
smh.gif

Your planning on having money saved up for when you move??

I have some money saved up (about 6K) so that should help incase of an emergency.

It's so expensive in L.A tho
frown.gif
.. The food money is the main concernlol .
nerd.gif

if it's just for food you should be fine.

You don't have to eat at home every night either..that's what good friends, parents, and girls are for.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by Russoull

Right now I'm workin two jobs, 1 to pay off bills/gas/haircuts/clothes, and the other which pays more but I'm savin all of it for my Apartment/School Tuition money.

I've been lookin thoroughly at places where I should move, done the math and I'm forcin myself to work even longer cause I'd rather move out with more than double of what I need. Hopefully by next summer or even longer.
smh.gif

Your planning on having money saved up for when you move??

I have some money saved up (about 6K) so that should help incase of an emergency.

It's so expensive in L.A tho
frown.gif
laugh.gif
, I'm movin to L.A. too.

Well I needa actually go there and see whats good with the rent, cause I'm seein @%*# for $500 a month for alot of listings but thats hard to believe. Butif it IS, then for that time I'm goin to school I need around 5-6 G's for rent, but I'm tryna at least bring 15 G's...which is why I scoopedthe 2nd job solely for saving.

I got a letter from the Bank sayin I got approved for a loan that covers the whole program I'm takin, and I also found a long $!$ list of Grants I gottafill out when I'm ready. I hope everythin works out accordingly, I @*%@#+ hate livin at home and commin to it with all my mail opened and @%*# in my roomgettin misplaced or switched around.

Back
Top Bottom