Moving out.......how to do it? What age did you do it?

I don't know what to say about "some" of you NTers. Maybe it's just me,  but I feel as a man you shouldn't be living at home
with your parents if you're 25.

I don't know what to say about "some" of you NTers. Maybe it's just me,  but I feel as a man you shouldn't be living at home

Graduated college and started working professionally at 23 (back in '06). 

I lived w/ my parents (and paid rent
nerd.gif
) until March of '07 when I relocated to Salt Lake City. 

Moved out "for good" at 24. 

Graduated college and started working professionally at 23 (back in '06). 

I lived w/ my parents (and paid rent
nerd.gif
) until March of '07 when I relocated to Salt Lake City. 

Moved out "for good" at 24. 

Moved out (of state) at 23...had virtually not one resource but my BA; I graduated at the height of the recession (job freezes were everywhere) so I had to come back home.

Came back and missed my independence...so I moved out some-odd months later.

Your best bet is to find a roommate or 3 to cut costs...I couldnt imagine goin' back home. I've got a lot of boys who are still @ home and I CAN TELL they hate it...plus its little room for maturation.

Moved out (of state) at 23...had virtually not one resource but my BA; I graduated at the height of the recession (job freezes were everywhere) so I had to come back home.

Came back and missed my independence...so I moved out some-odd months later.

Your best bet is to find a roommate or 3 to cut costs...I couldnt imagine goin' back home. I've got a lot of boys who are still @ home and I CAN TELL they hate it...plus its little room for maturation.

during college and right after i was living with some roommates. but since i got let go a couple yrs ago from my old job, i had to dip into my savings and i decided to move back (one of the worst feeling ever FML). now im just working and trying to save money again. my next move is to find a decent job and get a pad i can call my own, but rent in sf is kinda expensive so i just need to save. "mom, where's the meatloaf?"

during college and right after i was living with some roommates. but since i got let go a couple yrs ago from my old job, i had to dip into my savings and i decided to move back (one of the worst feeling ever FML). now im just working and trying to save money again. my next move is to find a decent job and get a pad i can call my own, but rent in sf is kinda expensive so i just need to save. "mom, where's the meatloaf?"

Moved out when I was 22. Pops thought it was about that time to make moves. I live in a 2 bedroom house only paying $350 a month. My co-workers dad is our land lord so he hooked it up. Really small place but I'll manage. I live in SD btw

Moved out when I was 22. Pops thought it was about that time to make moves. I live in a 2 bedroom house only paying $350 a month. My co-workers dad is our land lord so he hooked it up. Really small place but I'll manage. I live in SD btw

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.
I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.
a good strategy to combat this would be to pay "rent" to yourself.
set up an online bank account, eg ING and set up a month deposit of $1-2K(more or less whatever you income dictates, but it should be at least 60% of your take home)... and then just let it accrue until you move out.

Staying at home with the mentality that you'll be saving money, is not gonna happen, unless you have the mentality that you are seriously planning to move out.
I told myself before I left he nest that I was gonna stay and save up my money, but that never happened. You end up blowing it.
set up an online bank account, eg ING and set up a month deposit of $1-2K(more or less whatever you income dictates, but it should be at least 60% of your take home)... and then just let it accrue until you move out.

been gone since 4-6 months before i turned 20 started with a 1 bed room apt now i have a 2 bed room house in yr 2

been gone since 4-6 months before i turned 20 started with a 1 bed room apt now i have a 2 bed room house in yr 2

I can understand if you don't get along with your folks and you want to move out but why pay rent when you can get it for free. Saving money is crucial in this economy . Why throwing money away you know what i mean . Stack that money

I can understand if you don't get along with your folks and you want to move out but why pay rent when you can get it for free. Saving money is crucial in this economy . Why throwing money away you know what i mean . Stack that money

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

This-

I am currently tt home an had my savings account with my checking account (all wachovia) so I would always dipp in it because it was right there.. believe with no bills and making money, I was def blowing money.  I recently set up an ING account and while you can transfer the money its not as accessible.

I graduated May 09, i was 21.  Got my first job Jan 10- I was 22...in september I will be 23, and I hope to move out by 2011 or early 2012.

I have a car note, student loans and help out with bills around the house- so parents dont mind.  But like ppl said when living at home, live like you want to move out.  Even make yourself a budget and save the money you think you would be spending if you were living on your own

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

This-

I am currently tt home an had my savings account with my checking account (all wachovia) so I would always dipp in it because it was right there.. believe with no bills and making money, I was def blowing money.  I recently set up an ING account and while you can transfer the money its not as accessible.

I graduated May 09, i was 21.  Got my first job Jan 10- I was 22...in september I will be 23, and I hope to move out by 2011 or early 2012.

I have a car note, student loans and help out with bills around the house- so parents dont mind.  But like ppl said when living at home, live like you want to move out.  Even make yourself a budget and save the money you think you would be spending if you were living on your own

You have to realize the most important reason why dudes want to move out is for female company. If it wasn't for the fact that it is embarrassing to tell a female that, "I still live at home" I am pretty sure more and more dudes would stay at home until the time is REALLY right. My opinion of course.

Back
Top Bottom