Moving to DC Area-Where to live?

I've been on NT for almost a decade now and thought I'd raise this question here since NTers are generally very helpful.

I'll be relocating to the D.C. area for a job in the next few weeks. I'll be working downtown (near Farragut North Metro station) and need some advice on where to live.

I'm looking for a 1 bdr (will go for a studio if it's big) somewhere along the red line (or other line if my commute is less than 30 mins and isn't too complicated), either in D.C. or MD suburbs. I've done my research and understand that rent is ridiculously high and finding a 1 bdr close to a metro stop for less than $1,500 will be tough.

I really would appreciate if I can get some advice on which neighborhoods to look at, which to avoid, etc.

I'll be relocating with my gf, we are both in our mid 20s and are looking for a place that has a mix of young professionals, and families. We don't necessarily need to live near nightlife, but also don't want to be buried in the suburbs with nothing to do.

Thanks for your help, NT.

I've been on NT for almost a decade now and thought I'd raise this question here since NTers are generally very helpful.

I'll be relocating to the D.C. area for a job in the next few weeks. I'll be working downtown (near Farragut North Metro station) and need some advice on where to live.

I'm looking for a 1 bdr (will go for a studio if it's big) somewhere along the red line (or other line if my commute is less than 30 mins and isn't too complicated), either in D.C. or MD suburbs. I've done my research and understand that rent is ridiculously high and finding a 1 bdr close to a metro stop for less than $1,500 will be tough.

I really would appreciate if I can get some advice on which neighborhoods to look at, which to avoid, etc.

I'll be relocating with my gf, we are both in our mid 20s and are looking for a place that has a mix of young professionals, and families. We don't necessarily need to live near nightlife, but also don't want to be buried in the suburbs with nothing to do.

Thanks for your help, NT.
I live in Silver Spring which is right off the red line metro with my gf. We currently pay 1300 for a 1br its spacious and we are smack dab in the middle of downtown silver spring

might want to check out Wheaton as well...wheaton town center is being really built up...decent amount of restaurants too

...maybe check out hyattsville-PG plaza area too...again being really built up and only two stops away from ft totten to transfer to the redline.

I live in Silver Spring which is right off the red line metro with my gf. We currently pay 1300 for a 1br its spacious and we are smack dab in the middle of downtown silver spring

We're actually leaning towards Silver Spring, but I haven't seen any 1 bdrs for less than $1,500. Mind sharing where this is?

Look into Wheaton an Hyattsville they are building up... Also look into Brookland in DC (next to Catholic U) They are building up the area and its right on the Red Line

Back
Top Bottom