Moving to LA Area...Neighborhood Suggestions?

What's up West Coast NTers! I'm moving to the SoCal area in the fall and need help with finding a good neighborhood to live. I'm a male in my mid-20s who's only been to LA once so I'm not too familiar with anything other than tourist-y things. What's a good area to live for a young single guy. A couple of my boys are moving with me, as we've all secured jobs in the LA area/continuing our education out there, so we'll be getting an apartment. None of us make great money but we do OK. Preferably somewhere close to nightlife, not too far of a ride to the beach or to downtown LA. Any suggestions are appreciated since I am not familiar at all with LA's surrounding areas. Thanks guys!

What's up West Coast NTers! I'm moving to the SoCal area in the fall and need help with finding a good neighborhood to live. I'm a male in my mid-20s who's only been to LA once so I'm not too familiar with anything other than tourist-y things. What's a good area to live for a young single guy. A couple of my boys are moving with me, as we've all secured jobs in the LA area/continuing our education out there, so we'll be getting an apartment. None of us make great money but we do OK. Preferably somewhere close to nightlife, not too far of a ride to the beach or to downtown LA. Any suggestions are appreciated since I am not familiar at all with LA's surrounding areas. Thanks guys!

I am biased but move to the westside.

its not cheap but

1. weather is GREAT
2. women are
pimp.gif

3. area is safe
4. lot of good restaurants and bars in the area

Depending on where exactly in the westside you stay, you may have a lot of walkable options (since traffic is a B all day every day).

its not cheap but

1. weather is GREAT
2. women are
pimp.gif

3. area is safe

Depending on where exactly in the westside you stay, you may have a lot of walkable options (since traffic is a B all day every day).

well if wanna live in the center of everything and get an apartment thats not that cheap i guess u can live in mid city.

its right next to the 10 and 110 freeway. those are the main freeways gate ways to what everywhere u wanna go to.imho.

well if wanna live in the center of everything and get an apartment thats not that cheap i guess u can live in mid city.

its right next to the 10 and 110 freeway. those are the main freeways gate ways to what everywhere u wanna go to.imho.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

Mid City can get a little hectic at times, but definitely great in terms of being in the "center of everything."

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

Mid City can get a little hectic at times, but definitely great in terms of being in the "center of everything."

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm in the process of researching all of these places, can't wait to head west.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm in the process of researching all of these places, can't wait to head west.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

its not cheap but

1. weather is GREAT
2. women are
pimp.gif

3. area is safe

Co-sign this.  I've lived on the Westside of LA since I was 8 (I'm 35 now).  I love it here.  Santa Monica, Mar Vista/Palms, West L.A., Brentwood and Culver City are all great neighborhoods.  I'm not as partial to Venice, Marina Del Rey or Westwood, but they have their good points too.  Culver City might be the best value right now of any place on the Westside.   

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

its not cheap but

1. weather is GREAT
2. women are
pimp.gif

3. area is safe

Co-sign this.  I've lived on the Westside of LA since I was 8 (I'm 35 now).  I love it here.  Santa Monica, Mar Vista/Palms, West L.A., Brentwood and Culver City are all great neighborhoods.  I'm not as partial to Venice, Marina Del Rey or Westwood, but they have their good points too.  Culver City might be the best value right now of any place on the Westside.   

I say just move real close to where you work and you will be good.  Have your roommates do the traveling, while your work is walking distance allowing you to put some nickels away from all the money you'll save from not driving to much. i live/work in  Santa Monica. The work, kids schools, n the ol'ladies work are all within 12 blocks from the home. if your a resourceful doot you should be able to do your thing out here with your folks just about anywhere. better deals are to be had rather than SM, I could live anywhere in LA, but justifying the value of not driving to do you- pays BIG.

I say just move real close to where you work and you will be good.  Have your roommates do the traveling, while your work is walking distance allowing you to put some nickels away from all the money you'll save from not driving to much. i live/work in  Santa Monica. The work, kids schools, n the ol'ladies work are all within 12 blocks from the home. if your a resourceful doot you should be able to do your thing out here with your folks just about anywhere. better deals are to be had rather than SM, I could live anywhere in LA, but justifying the value of not driving to do you- pays BIG.

Back
Top Bottom