Moving to Los Angeles from the DMV - Sup?

How many dudes from Cali have actually been to NY or the east coast. 

Last edited:
How many dudes from Cali have actually been to NY or the east coast. 
I moved there with my parents from 97-00 and gone back dozens of times since.

If it wasn't for seeing the family I would not set foot there.

I was born and raised in LA and LOVE the weather but that's pretty much it. Too many damn people here and i can't wait to leave in April.

- Leaving my Jeep here in MD and end up buying a new car out there. Probably something practical, like a Civic or Corolla, or just get what I want - BRZ.

first off, good luck OP

second, i'm moving from boston to the bay area in less than a month now. i have a jeep cherokee as well, which is a bigger guzzler than jenna haze when it comes to gas. i was considering getting a more practical car as well...but in the end i just said eff it. love my jeep too much. but it's a good idea to get something better on gas.

Damn that job must be paying good if you can afford $1800 a month in rent. Make sure you budget correctly tho. Right out of college I was like :wow: Imma make how much? :pimp:
But then taxes were taken out, benefits, and 401k monthly and I was like :frown: that's it!?

Being new to LA I would move to downtown.

first off, good luck OP

second, i'm moving from boston to the bay area in less than a month now. i have a jeep cherokee as well, which is a bigger guzzler than jenna haze when it comes to gas. i was considering getting a more practical car as well...but in the end i just said eff it. love my jeep too much. but it's a good idea to get something better on gas.

Thanks! I love my Jeep too but getting 18mpg with 175k on the clock I don't think it's worth taking it cross-country. Every passing day I'm leaning towards a new Civic/Corolla based on the MPG alone.

Damn that job must be paying good if you can afford $1800 a month in rent. Make sure you budget correctly tho. Right out of college I was like :wow: Imma make how much? :pimp:
But then taxes were taken out, benefits, and 401k monthly and I was like :frown: that's it!?

Being new to LA I would move to downtown.

Thanks for the advice! The job will pay pretty good considering my limited professional experience and being a recent college grad. Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to keep rent as low as possible but I don't want to live in the slums/hood as well. From my limited search in apartments, it seems like you ultimately get what you pay for.

Live downtown, if you work north of downtown you may be able to take the Gold Line to work which would save you the hassle of driving through traffic. Not to mention downtown is just the best place for a young person in LA to live in my opinion.

He's right. DTLA is perfect for someone at your age/income/relationship status. You can find a studio/loft for around your price range in downtown.

Where you should rent will be strongly dependent on where exactly your job is. You can easily find a decent place to live for way under $1800 though.

Back
Top Bottom