Moving to NorCal vol. Grass is greener

Working in Fairfield, CA (Solano County/ Bay area). What's a good nearby city for young singles, good night life, diversity, outdoor activities, and of course nearby dispensaries? Heard Vallejo is bad; Napa seems boring; SF & Sac. too far.

Last edited:
Fairfield sucks.

Outdoor activities are all over you. Muir Woods, Mt. Diablo, Pollock Pines, Auburn, Point Reyes.

The two best cities in Northern California are San Francisco and Sacramento. SF obviously has lots to do, but Sacramento is a great up and coming city, especially for young people.

Most of the Bay is whatever TBH. Oakland can be cool. San Jose offers nothing Sacramento doesn't already, and the only real benefit all the rest have is the proximity to San Francisco.

You gotta drive damn near over an hour to be where the action is?

No thanks.

Last edited:

No thanks.

Yeah but for the price we pay out there, I mean **** dude probably playing nothing for nice spot out there.

As a NTer from Sacramento, no- we are not a part of the Bay Area.

We just house a lot of people who want to be from the Bay Area. :lol:

You guys do have Mozzy though, everybody in the bay slappin his **** right now

Last edited:
Yeah but for the price we pay out there, I mean
As a NTer from Sacramento, no- we are not a part of the Bay Area.

We just house a lot of people who want to be from the Bay Area. :lol:

You guys do have Mozzy though, everybody in the bay slappin his **** right now

I guess, but honestly I moved out of Vallejo to get away from all that Bs, now everyone in Sac trynna make this place the new Stockton / Oakland. :smh:

No thanks.

From Fairfield, yeah. The good news is that he's in the middle of two of the best NorCal cities for what he wants.

The bad news is that either one is just under an hour away from him.

I ******* hate Sacramento. Too many goobers out there. I haven't been in awhile but SF is just way cooler to me for being the same distance from here.
I live in Fairfield OP, where you working/gonna be living at? Getting to the city from here isn't as bad as people are making it out to be I go every weekend. Not much to do in town, avoid the mall if you can it's been trash for a minute now. The closest night life I'd say to hit up would be Vacaville, which has its fair share of backwards people but not as trashy as Fairfield/Vallejo bars. At least if you're looking for women. Benicia is similar but the residents there tend to be a little off/crazy, and I generally don't like going out here. I have a bunch of friends from there and that refinery has to be doing something to those people :lol:
If you want a little nicer environment make the 30 minute drive to Walnut Creek. People can be snobby but there's good shopping/eating/drinking there. Or you can go to Napa but not crazy about those bars either.
Go to Vallejo for dispensaries. Nothing in Fairfield or going towards Sac.
PM if you have any other questions I've lived here for over 20 years so I know this area pretty damn well.

Last edited:
Welcome OP :smokin

OP do you fish? Striper fishing is hot right now in SF and Sac River or crabbing for Dungeness crabs.

How are you going to say you hate Sacramento, and then name all those cities you just did?

OP, please do not hit up Vallejo, Fairfield, or Vacaville for nightlife. You might as well stay home.

As a matter of fact, you really don't need to hit up those cities for anything other than groceries or because you live there.

Oh and no Sacramento is not the bay, not even close to being considered the Bay. Lots of transplants though, mostly in the hoods.

Last edited:
Sac is the bay now?

Sac always just been Sac

Yes...thank you. I hate it when Sac folks talk about how they are part of the Bay Area. Pssssh.

That's funny that you say Napa is boring. Literally we have people all over the world flying out to here just to go there. I think SF people are mostly infatuated with Napa imo cause I lived in the East Bay my whole life and still don't really get the appeal of Napa. I mean I like wine but being out there isn't doesn't make me feel like I am in another world like some people say.

And Fairfield has been getting a bad wrap as of late. All I hear is how bad it's gotten and I really don't remember it being that bad at all growing up but my experience at Fairfield has only been Scandia. Haha.

Yes...thank you. I hate it when Sac folks talk about how they are part of the Bay Area. Pssssh.

That's funny that you say Napa is boring. Literally we have people all over the world flying out to here just to go there. I think SF people are mostly infatuated with Napa imo cause I lived in the East Bay my whole life and still don't really get the appeal of Napa. I mean I like wine but being out there isn't doesn't make me feel like I am in another world like some people say.

And Fairfield has been getting a bad wrap as of late. All I hear is how bad it's gotten and I really don't remember it being that bad at all growing up but my experience at Fairfield has only been Scandia. Haha.

How are you going to say you hate Sacramento, and then name all those cities you just did?

OP, please do not hit up Vallejo, Fairfield, or Vacaville for nightlife. You might as well stay home.

As a matter of fact, you really don't need to hit up those cities for anything other than groceries or because you live there.

Oh and no Sacramento is not the bay, not even close to being considered the Bay. Lots of transplants though, mostly in the hoods.

I didn't say they were better than Sac they're just not an hours drive for him and I literally only recommended Vacaville because it's close by. Shut the **** up you continue to be one of the biggest cornballs on this site

The dude said "SF is just way cooler to me"

=

He's a hipster

:rolleyes

I've lived in NorCal for 26 years and SF has been cooler to me since I was born. Sorry I don't like hot *** lame *** Sacramento. Way more to do in SF I wouldn't waste the same drive to go to Sac to do less.

:lol: at y'all getting salty over where someone else prefers to party.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom