Moving to Philadelphia, any help/tips/suggestions anyone?

As the topic states, I am moving to Philadelphia for a year for work... I am heading there on March 15-19
to look for apartments and check the city out. I am from Los Angeles, and being that its one big city to another, 

I am not anticipating much change... other than weather.

Any Philly heads in here have any suggestions to where to go/visit? Also what places to avoid/go to?

At this point, I'm most concerned with living as I am not familiar at all with Philly.

Thanks in advance-PEACE.

take me...

Philly has been on my radar since the summer

hit up my man Peanut he'll look out

#RealPuppetShhh

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

As the topic states, I am moving to Philadelphia for a year for work... I am heading there on March 15-19
to look for apartments and check the city out. I am from Los Angeles, and being that its one big city to another, 

I am not anticipating much change... other than weather.

Any Philly heads in here have any suggestions to where to go/visit? Also what places to avoid/go to?

At this point, I'm most concerned with living as I am not familiar at all with Philly.

Thanks in advance-PEACE.
it depends. There are tons of nice and bad neighborhoods. Living in Center city is nice, but not cheap. Theres a section called Northern liberties ( hipsterville) thats pretty cool to live. Also, you can look for places in the suburbs. You can also just google desirable living areas in philly or whatever. Also, Philly is a small big city, and stuff closes early

As for people saying things about violence, most of the crime happens to people who are already in that life. So unless you dont go to the hood and acting reckless, your not going to be bothered in any nice area

Originally Posted by blakep267

it depends. There are tons of nice and bad neighborhoods. Living in Center city is nice, but not cheap. Theres a section called Northern liberties ( hipsterville) thats pretty cool to live. Also, you can look for places in the suburbs. You can also just google desirable living areas in philly or whatever. Also, Philly is a small big city, and stuff closes early

Cool thanks, Ill def look that up.
I'll be working at temple univ. hospital

don't let some of these clowns ruin Philly; it's a great city

where are you looking to live? Northern Liberties is an up and coming "hipster" area, you could live in Center City or Olde City

I moved to the burbs; I live in Conshohocken now and love it...I'd recommend checking it out; has train stops at the beginning and end of town and nice little down with restaurants and restaurants mixed throughout the town

Originally Posted by blakep267

Cool thanks, Ill def look that up.
I'll be working at temple univ. hospital

well temple is a college campus, but its also in north Philly, which isnt a great area. So if you would be able to get a place thats near campus and not too far out, you should be fine

Originally Posted by StillIn729

don't let some of these clowns ruin Philly; it's a great city

where are you looking to live? Northern Liberties is an up and coming "hipster" area, you could live in Center City or Olde City

I moved to the burbs; I live in Conshohocken now and love it...I'd recommend checking it out; has train stops at the beginning and end of town and nice little down with restaurants and restaurants mixed throughout the town
I would rather avoid city itself and move to the suburbs... I wouldnt mind a drive thats 15-30 min away
Ill also check conshohocken.. any other suburbs to take notice of?

Philly is the armpit of America. Just look at their sports fans. The girls are hot though. Good luck...

you guys are corny with these responses in every thread.

"going to south fl where to go?" opa locka

"heading to chicago" rip

"where should i go in the bay?" richmond

shut up for real, every city has it's rough spots. 

non funny corn balls is what killed nt.

buy a cr250r and ride with the philly legends. PHILLY HANG GANG!

naw but good luck every state sucks the whole country of America sucks.

enjoy it live life.

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

buy a cr250r and ride with the philly legends. PHILLY HANG GANG!

naw but good luck every state sucks the whole country of America sucks.

enjoy it live life.

Raise it up sunday!! FTW Had fam in philly. Real humid during the summer. Ur experience is what u make of it

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

you guys are corny with these responses in every thread.

"going to south fl where to go?" opa locka

"heading to chicago" rip

"where should i go in the bay?" richmond

shut up for real, every city has it's rough spots. 

non funny corn balls is what killed nt.
tumblr_lz7iwnuBWi1qejglg.gif

Originally Posted by psk2310

Philly is the armpit of America. Just look at their sports fans. The girls are hot though. Good luck...
Coming from Los Angeles the females are also going to be armpit compared to what we are used to on a daily basis. Eat Pat's or Geno's as much as you can because no other place in the nation can duplicate the original cheesesteak. Stilln729 is the member to take advice from on this subject.

Lived in Philly for about two years, where about are you residing? I enjoyed my time there, the city is big enough to have a nice culture but not too big that it will overwhelm you. General area to avoid would be North Philly, when I was there wasn't that great but maybe things have changed. They were doing alot of renovations in Mannyunk (sp)

Been to Philly a number of times, its a cool place...has everything that any big city has so you wont miss anything

alotta nice college chicks... and hood rats in north Philly if you feeling adventurous

I highly recommend going to a few Phillies games in the Spring/Summer

Citizens Bank Park is amazing and the atmosphere is great

Back
Top Bottom