Moving to SoCal

I been in the process of thinking about moving to the Socal area from Virginia. I am going to be attending the L.A. Recording arts school while I'm there.I been wanting to move to the area for awhile now. I was trying to live as close to the beach as possible. I was wondering if anyone could offer any help onwhere to live, i heard the irvine area is great.

irvine is great, but its nowhere near los angeles.

irvine is part of orange county.

im not exactly sure what surrounding cities are around your school, so look it up.

I'd say go with maybe Santa Monica. It's going to be kind of pricey but suits what you're looking for imo.

i live in irvine and go to uci.. me and my friends go to LA once a week to eat and chill.. not that bad of a drive.

I thought Santa Monica was mad expensive, I currenly pay around $1000 for a two bedroom. I was trying to pay nothing over 850 a month for a one bedroom but iwould love something by the beach. I guess i'll have to look into Santa Monica. Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by sjuelz

I thought Santa Monica was mad expensive, I currenly pay around $1000 for a two bedroom. I was trying to pay nothing over 850 a month for a one bedroom but i would love something by the beach. I guess i'll have to look into Santa Monica. Thanks for your help.

laugh.gif

I think a bum is a renting out a two cardboard box home for $850 in Santa Monica.

look on craigslist.

unfortunately 850 isnt going to get you much, or anything here in the LA area. You might want to look into a room share or roommate scenario.

Originally Posted by Kahlow

its not a drive ANYONE would want to make every morning.
that far
Originally Posted by FeelMode

unfortunately 850 isnt going to get you much, or anything here in the LA area. You might want to look into a room share or roommate scenario.
Co-sign x 2.

Commute from Irvine to LA is about an hour with no traffic. With traffic (which there always is since 405 is one of the busiest highways in the country),it'll be maybe around 2 hours, I think.

Irvine is voted one of the best cities to live in, but I go to school there and around Irvine..there's nothing to do! You gotta drive 20 minutes toWestminster for good food or 15 minutes to Newport Beach. Doesn't seem far, but it sucks when you can't find any good food walking/biking distance inyour area. Everything closes at 10pm, I think the only thing that's open late is D&B's. For clubbing, I usually go to LA/Hollywood or DT Fullertonfor bars. OC's nightlife blows.

You're going to have to be more specific.

Up your rent to $1000 and you can live in Koreatown - which is kind of sleazy and gritty, but is currently amidst a huge revitalization and offers greatproximity and transit acess.

just reiterating what has already been said but you DO NOT want to live in Irvine if you are commuting to LA during rush hour. I used to make the commute fromHuntington Beach (about 5-10 miles north of Irvine) to W. LA and it would take me anywhere from 2hrs to 2hr30min one way. Wanted to kill myself.

Youre not going to do it on that budget ($850) but Santa Monica/W. LA has what you are looking for. Nice weather, by the beach, not grimy, things to do, goodrestaurants, etc... KRISPACINLA hit it right on the head though. 2BD APTS will go in the 1800-2400 range easy. I got a steal on my 1BD and I still pay $1300/mofor it. Stuff aint cheap out here.

Back
Top Bottom