Moving to the DC Area Vol. Tips?

Hey guys, I'm gonna be coming to Howard U in mid January for an interview. I've been in cali my whole life so I'm not familiar with the area. Can anyone offer me advice on the train/shuttle from the airport (IAD or DCA) or finding a place to stay for one night near campus? STAYING IN CA IS NOT AN OPTION
Edit: So it looks like I'll be attending Howard in the fall and will need to move there for school. Can you guys offer me any tips or advice on where to live, school life, etc.? I'm looking to live either close to campus, or within waking distance of the Metro. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm gonna be coming to Howard U in mid January for an interview. I've been in cali my whole life so I'm not familiar with the area. Can anyone offer me advice on the train/shuttle from the airport (IAD or DCA) or finding a place to stay for one night near campus? STAYING IN CA IS NOT AN OPTION
Edit: So it looks like I'll be attending Howard in the fall and will need to move there for school. Can you guys offer me any tips or advice on where to live, school life, etc.? I'm looking to live either close to campus, or within waking distance of the Metro. Thanks in advance!

When you're talking, you should really force it with the "Moe's" and "Joe's" and try to work them in every 3 words or so.

When you're talking, you should really force it with the "Moe's" and "Joe's" and try to work them in every 3 words or so.

www.supershuttle.com

Don't stay in Cali. Grew up in Cali, been in D.C. since I came here for school in '02. Good experience. Far too many people from Cali are scared to leave the state.

www.supershuttle.com

Don't stay in Cali. Grew up in Cali, been in D.C. since I came here for school in '02. Good experience. Far too many people from Cali are scared to leave the state.

went there undergrad now in grad school there

r u and incoming freshman? if u are they usually stress staying in a dorm ur first yr and give you guys priority in finding a dorm

but if thats not what you want or ur a transfer or grad student lookin for a place there is usually houses for rent around campus try around the 1st st 2nd st area in ledroit park
u should try utc also, its not in dc (right outside in pg county) but its by the metro that'll drop you right of near school

went there undergrad now in grad school there

r u and incoming freshman? if u are they usually stress staying in a dorm ur first yr and give you guys priority in finding a dorm

but if thats not what you want or ur a transfer or grad student lookin for a place there is usually houses for rent around campus try around the 1st st 2nd st area in ledroit park
u should try utc also, its not in dc (right outside in pg county) but its by the metro that'll drop you right of near school

since you asked near a metro im assuming you dont have a car...i went to hu for undergrad and im also from los angeles. I would check hus off campus residence listing. Or try craigslist. theres plenty of apts near metro spots. you might want to try hotpads.com. hit me up if you have any questions

Back
Top Bottom