MTV SAYS THESE GUYS WILL BE THE BIG DEALS IN '09...Vol. @%$#@

Day and Night is trash
laugh.gif
I agree to whoever said Cudi was a pop artistthat CAN rap, sums him up pretty nicely.

Nike Boots on the other hand..
pimp.gif

Charles Hamilton's flow on Brooklyn girls was def. ill too.

As usual, MTV is late wit the news. But why Drake not getting no publicity. Its always some form of Cudi-C.H.-BOB-Asher-Wale. Its like he on they levelbut not on the radar.
nerd.gif

I don't think ANY of them will blow besides Drake IMO.

Edit: I have a feeling Roth will drop a silly/catchy song that all the white people will love. He has a chance in blowing up as well
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sirtalkalot718

As usual, MTV is late wit the news. But why Drake not getting no publicity. Its always some form of Cudi-C.H.-BOB-Asher-Wale. Its like he on they level but not on the radar.
nerd.gif
Drake is WAY more known than all these dudes..

great thing about the list is that these guys are all hip-hop and not bs artists like a soujah boy, etc

they all have talent

Originally Posted by Rhymestein

Originally Posted by sirtalkalot718

As usual, MTV is late wit the news. But why Drake not getting no publicity. Its always some form of Cudi-C.H.-BOB-Asher-Wale. Its like he on they level but not on the radar.
nerd.gif
Drake is WAY more known than all these dudes..
This may be true. Drakes been known but these dudes are everywhere. Everyone knows the XXL cover then some other mags. Then their all over thenet and on radio stations together. It just seems like Drakes name is always thrown in but he's out of the loop.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by theUisinthebuildin

cudi is far from a lyricist and not even a rapper to me.. dude is a pop artist that CAN rap..

its not a stretch to say he will have the most memorable career... but if u ask me i got my cash on Wale
pimp.gif
if u think his flow is off, ur taste is just bad
nerd.gif
No he wont give you a free shirt.

nor do i expect one, im just expressing my opinion... could u keep the cornball jokes to yourself please, preciate it
wink.gif

B.O.B. will forever be garbage to me because of that Haters joint. That song was horrible i cant believe dude got this far with that garbage of a single
Wale has potential
Charles Hamilton is straight i just dont like dudes style. Who wears dress shirts under t-shirts come on now, and this whole Sonic the Hedgehog fetish is corny
I never heard one of Kid Cudi's songs so i have nothing to say about him.
I never heard an Asther Roth song
I didnt look at the vid but im pretty sure Drake wasnt mentioned. My avy tells u how much i like dudes music so i dont even need to say anything about him

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

cudi is far from a lyricist and not even a rapper to me.. dude is a pop artist that CAN rap..

its not a stretch to say he will have the most memorable career... but if u ask me i got my cash on Wale
pimp.gif
if u think his flow is off, ur taste is just bad
nerd.gif
No he wont give you a free shirt.

nor do i expect one, im just expressing my opinion... could u keep the cornball jokes to yourself please, preciate it
wink.gif
You still aint gettin a shirt tho

Wale and drake man are straight beast IMO.... I really dont understand this dude Asher Roth's gimmick(prolly over my head) I'm not that up on Cudi yetthough.

Aside from everybody else opinion, I really like this "new class" Drake included. I like how it's just them by themselves, not really no crew ormajor co-signs.

Haven't felt this way about hip-hop since jr. high.

Wish success to everybody!

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Dom Kennedy is pissed off.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif
happy.gif

There are some really great comments made in here. I know personally that Drake's name isn't thrown around the MTV offices a lot when these articlesare being written and dude has talent and I think he'll go far so it perplexes me as it does the few of you who have stated so.

Just to clear things up what I said earlier about Wale though, I don't think dude is trash or anything...the mixtape about nothing was straight fire imo. Ijust think his boat should have sailed already and he should stop being grouped with these artists...it's hard to explain. Grouping him with artists suchas B.O.B, if I was an outsider, would make me overlook how dope he is if I came across his work last after say...B.O.B, Chamilton, and CuDi.

I just think he's missing a sort of arrogance... WE know he's nice...but he needs to start acting like it and stop being so humble surroundedby these other folk...I don't know..
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom