Mumbo Sauce?

wat the hell is mumbo sauce? i aint never had it but i always see or hear people sayin how good it is. wat do it taste like & where can i get sum?

glory-hole.jpg

chicken-and-mumbo-sauce1.jpg

Any spot outside of D.C. or suburban Maryland claimin' to have mambo is #%#%+%' lyin'...

...I saw that $%$% bottled for sale once in an Illinois grocery store and got legit pissed off.

damn i gotta go to D.C. just to get some legit mumbo sauce?

ok so do they sell real mumbo/mambo sauce in bottles in dc or anywhere else? & if so wats the best brand?

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Any spot outside of D.C. or suburban Maryland claimin' to have mambo is #%#%+%' lyin'...

...I saw that $%$% bottled for sale once in an Illinois grocery store and got legit pissed off.

eek.gif
 Bruh. It looks like you just took a pic of my Lucky Star container. 4 Wings and fries mambo sauce on everything with a extra on the side
pimp.gif
 But to answer your question OP I've NEVER seen mambo sauce bottled and I've been here my whole life. That being said ME personally wouldn't buy it but if you've never had it before and don't plan on being in DC or Maryland anytime soon, pull the trigger. It might be good considering every carry out's mambo sauce is "different."  

Edit: Nah upon further crushing of my wings. Don't buy the bottle OP you gotta experience the authentic "what the %!*$ is in this?" mambo sauce first before you settle for cheap imitations.

Originally Posted by MchunuDon

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

eek.gif
 Bruh. It looks like you just took a pic of my Lucky Star container. 4 Wings and fries mambo sauce on everything with a extra on the side
pimp.gif
 But to answer your question OP I've NEVER seen mambo sauce bottled and I've been here my whole life. That being said ME personally wouldn't buy it but if you've never had it before and don't plan on being in DC or Maryland anytime soon, pull the trigger. It might be good considering every carry out's mambo sauce is "different."  

Edit: Nah upon further crushing of my wings. Don't buy the bottle OP you gotta experience the authentic "what the %!*$ is in this?" mambo sauce first before you settle for cheap imitations.

They sell bottle version at eastern market.

I need to go to DC one of these days to try the mumbo sauce. I did Google a recipe for the mumbo sauce and it was cool.
Ingredients:

Servings:

Units: US | Metric

1 cup ketchup
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
3 tablespoons hot sauce
3 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons white vinegar

Directions:

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well.
Pour into pot.
Bring to boil using low heat. Stirring constantly.
Let cool or serve hot.
To enhance the flavor of the sauce, just add more of the above ingredients. DO NOT USE SALT, because it will destroy the sweetness of the sauce.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recip...uce-221598#ixzz1rK8YwvER

to me it tastes like a mix between ketchup, hot sauce, and sweet and sour sauce. what places have the best mumbo sauce to y'all? Howard China has the best from what i have tasted so far in my life

ima  just have my fam up at howard send me sum or bring it back down here wit em. so who got the best mumbo sauce up there

what's the best carryout to get it from?... might drive down dc tomorrow so I might as well try it...

Back
Top Bottom