Murder or Excellence

I was listening to Murder To Excellence just now and I kind of consider them to different songs because of how the subject matter changes as well as the beat. So, I thought I'd ask which side do you guys like better, the Murder or Excellence? Personally, I like the Murder side, I felt they were spittin some more real $##$ on that side and I'm in love with the beat they spit it over. The Excellence side always seemed a lil "butterfly-y" to me, and I've just always been a fan of the more gritty side of hip-hop than the sunshine.
Thoughts?

Lyrically both sides are dope. I like the murder side better tho because of the beat. I wish the album had more joints like this instead those songs with that electro/techno feel to it.

Excellence. Joint is mad smooth. However, I actually think the juxtaposition of the two tracks heightens the appeal for each individually.

Song is too
pimp.gif

Both are amazing but I personal like Murder more. Still can't believe Swizz made that beat. So much better than anything he's done. 

Murder.

But I agree the juxtaposition doesn't make it easy to choose just one.

Needs to be a single. Would love to see it live.

Black excellence.. Opulence.. Decadent...

Maaaaan...I love wen the beat changes... So smooth.. : hat

The Paper Read Murder... BLACK ON BLACK MURDER AGAIN!!!!

But you kinda have to honor both...

they're soooooooo fitting, this is easily one of if not the hip hop best songs of the year
pimp.gif

Can't pick
laugh.gif

I'll give props to Swizz for stepping up on "Black Murder" though.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Can't pick
laugh.gif

I'll give props to Swizz for stepping up on "Black Murder" though.

This. I'd feel guilty ranking one over the other. Sickest track of the year imo 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

*flips Murder To Excellence on to remember how it sounds*

Second part was way better.

Back
Top Bottom