My Bay Area People, help your bro out

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Burgermeister. Thank me later

I used to like Burgermeister. I like Barney's Burgers but the closest on in SF is outer Castro area. The one in Berkeley is better.

Need to try Ikes too. Saw that on Man Vs Food or whatever food network that was on.

Bodega?
laugh.gif
i take it you're from the east coast then. Round here, the corner stores are called Liquor Stores. Why? Because they sell liquor.

Things you HAVE to do without question:

Golden Gate Bridge
Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39
In & Out (you will enjoy this place)
Clam Chowder from Boudin's on Fisherman's Wharf.

You could ride the Cable Car, but its more for sight seeing than getting around to places really lol. As for traveling around the city, Muni Bus and street car will take you anywhere.
You MUST eat a real Mexican Burrito from Mission Street. Try going to 24th and Mission and get a Burrito from the small and cramped white restaurant
laugh.gif
Your taste buds will thankme. I absolutely hate when eastcoasters rave about how delicious "Chipotle" is. Its a disgusting restaurant. No real mexican restaurant uses "lime" rice. Eat REAL mexican food when you visit the West Coast and i can guarantee you will like it.

You won't need a whole day to look through Chinatown and Japantown. Avoid dark alleys there, especially at night. Hop Sing, Jo boys, TSG etc. Yes they are still around
laugh.gif

When you are on Mission, don't wear the colors Blue or Red. ESPECIALLY if you go down 24th and Mission. Who knows when anything could go down.

any more questions, and ill try to respond later. SF isn't the biggest of cities, but i love it here. Enjoy your stay
smile.gif

i hate SF, and im born and raised in the Bay. Hit up San Jose for a chill $*! night, SF has cool bars and clubs such as ruby sky, and sloan

^^^^Yeah, just do what tourist do. Hope on a cable car or stand in front of one, take a picture and mark it off your list of things to do in SF.

Also if you have a chance, check out a Giants game when they are in town. You can get some scalped tickets for a decent price. It's fun times just eating a drinking even though the ballgames can be a complete bore. Also you can walk the Embarcadero and even take pics of the Bay Bridge.

Thanks for the replies.

I have added Ike's Place, Burgermeister, framerbrowns, and a burrito from mission to my list of places to eat.

I would have liked to attend the Outside Lands festival, but single day tickets are sold out.

in order of preference, dependant on paper game for travel

1. taxi
2. city muni (cheapest, less convenient)
3. bart (only bc it doesnt go north of market)

Just visited for first time by myself after a work trip
1. If you are with your girl and of age do napa/sonoma. There are bus tours that leave from the city

2. Do alcatraz, its really cool...it sells out so buy in advance or go early in the day for any leftovers

3. rent a bike and ride golden gate and eat in sausillito

4. rickhouse in union square makes great drinks and has a cool vibe

5. marina for good clubs

6. polk st for ok bars

7. sams on polk for clam chowder

8. avoid pier 39/fischermans wharf...just touristy crap and can find better food everywhere else

9. as suggested the market at the ferry terminal

10. I was recommended golden boy pizza on green st but wasn't that impressed

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

Just visited for first time by myself after a work trip
1. If you are with your girl and of age do napa/sonoma. There are bus tours that leave from the city

2. Do alcatraz, its really cool...it sells out so buy in advance or go early in the day for any leftovers

3. rent a bike and ride golden gate and eat in sausillito

4. rickhouse in union square makes great drinks and has a cool vibe

5. marina for good clubs

6. polk st for ok bars

7. sams on polk for clam chowder

8. avoid pier 39/fischermans wharf...just touristy crap and can find better food everywhere else

9. as suggested the market at the ferry terminal

10. I was recommended golden boy pizza on green st but wasn't that impressed
Been livin here 2 years, this is pretty damn solid to go by.  Homie pretty much got it down in a week stay lol
Solid post
pimp.gif

ALCAZTRAZ at NIGHT!!!!  I know it doesn't get as dark even at 8 but hopefully by the time you come, the night will come earlier.  It's dope when you come back on the ferry from Alcatraz and see our beautiful city at night.

ill be in sf next week from aug9-11th.

if anyone can tell me where the best-
pizza
tacos
shrooms
clothing stores (lrg type of clothing)

also we both have our mmj cards anyone know the best clubs to check out

thanks nt

Notable places to go out at night if you want.

Infusion Lounge(walking distance but they will make dudes wait forever)
Eve Lounge(good mashup of old school and new school music)
Holy Cow Bar(Thursdays are the nights but get super crowded)
111 Minna(art gallery with djs)
California Academy of Art and Sciences(museum and drinks)(Thursdays starting at 6pm)
Otis(small bar closeby)
Tunnel Top Bar(good music closeby)

Farther ones:
Brunos - near mission street and el farolitos
Skylark
SOM Bar

Originally Posted by c0dyboy2222

ill be in sf next week from aug9-11th.

if anyone can tell me where the best-
pizza
tacos
shrooms
clothing stores (lrg type of clothing)

also we both have our mmj cards anyone know the best clubs to check out

thanks nt
Pizza - Blondie's, Goat Hill Pizza, Giovanni's on haight
tacos - honestly the best ones are the ones made in the taco trucks if you ever catch one.
shrooms -
alien.gif

clothing stores - haight street for true, stussy, adidias, etc.

like everyone else said, you guys gotta hit up el farolitos for a burrito

yoooo that's crazy...i'm gonna be in san fran at the same time.

Anybody know any good midnight eats? trucks, ramen/soba, sandwiches/burrito's/quesidilla's?

and also i'm coming from nyc so how poppin is SF past midnight?

I wanna take my girl out to twin peaks...anything special i should know about it before getting there?

Back
Top Bottom