My bILLS vol Grown A** Man

What are your bills consisting of? You comfortable or stressed?

Does mommy and daddy pay everything off, or do you hustle two jobs just to make it.

I wonder specifically what it will be like to be on my own. Right now all i have is phone, car, insurance, gas, gym. I will be getting an apartment soon. So thats rent utilities food furniture tv bill after bill.

They say it is a lot but realisticly how much of a toll does it take to be on your own like that. An apartment to call your own how do you divide the bills like that, and you have enough to actually going out everynow and then,

Ins
Phone
Electric
Cable
Life insurance
Groceries

I pay for. Car paid off job pays rent.

personal Insurance
Land tax (NYC FTL!)
Home insurance
Water, Gas... (The rape-over)
car note
car insurance
bike insurance

all of this while giving half to my main chick and quarter to my side chick... :smh::smh::smh:

but im happy tho!

personal Insurance
Land tax (NYC FTL!)
Home insurance
car note
car insurance
bike insurance
all of this while giving half to my main chick and quarter to my side chick...
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

but im happy tho!

I pay my own bills since age of 21

its a test of wits... that feel when your not sure rent is going to be paid

Rent
Car Insurance
Health & Dental Insurance
Cable
Internet
Phone bill
Water
Gas
Food
Lights

May seem like a lot but it's not really.

I make enough were if I just do a little pre planning I'd be ok and fine.

Rent (Utilities included)
Car note
Car insurance
Cell Phone
Cable/Internet
Sallie Mae

Just moved into my first apartment and so far it has been a bit of a challenge adjusting financially. It doesn't take long before you realize that you're spending money as soon as you step out the door. I have been pretty disciplined when it comes to eating out. A good $240 a month was going to fast food because I never brought my lunch to work. Dont hit the bar as much because that's at least $40 spent...

I'm getting a greater sense of what my budget is looking like going forward and its definitely manageable. Just gotta stay disciplined in regards to frivolous spending.

OP, my advice to you is get your savings in order and learn how to cook. Practice while you are still at home and have more ingredients to work with. That first trip to the grocery store is going to be a ***** |I

But there is nothing like having your own spot man :smokin

Last edited:
I noticed that you had furniture in your reoccurring bills. Does that mean you're going to rent to own? If so, DON'T DO IT! Save up and buy your stuff outright
because you'll pay for that couch 10 times over the years

Craigslist is my new best friend for furniture. If you're patient you can get some great steals.

I'm sitting on a really nice leather couch I got this year with a matching chair for $150. Much better than the Ikea one I bought for twice as much a few years ago.

Looking at TVs at the moment - people are always upgrading so there are a ton of 42" ones for like $200. Just waiting for the right one.

OP make a budget for yourself. Its easy.

Put your take home income in and then just subtract your expenses. Put a category for "entertainment" or "food" or "misc" or just some "non-recurring" bills. Then each month you will know you have $300 to spend on food out. And can gauge it better. Also helps you not forget to pay bills when you look at them.

My Bills:
Sallie Mae
Rent
Car Insurance
Motorcycle insurance
Gym
AT&T
Gas & Electric
Water Bill
Comcast

My bills:
Lease
Rent
Phone
Credit card bills
Medical
Student loan interest only
4% to 401k
5% to savings

Need more money.

Rent
Electric
Car insurance
Car gas
Cable/Internet
Medical insurance
401k (very small percentage but something > nothing)
Food
Credit cards
Cell
Sons karate class
Daughters salsa class

Sole provider family of four. Two jobs

:x

personal Insurance
Land tax (NYC FTL!)
Home insurance
car note
car insurance
bike insurance
all of this while giving half to my main chick and quarter to my side chick... :smh::smh::smh:
but im happy tho!

75% of your income goes to 2 chicks. imagine how much happier youd be with that money instead lol.

I'm 19 and the only bill I pay right now is my cell phone bill and it has me like :x I'm thinking of buying a car too, but a hoopty.
A phone bill, car note, and insurance on my part-time student job would be :x :x :x but I'm comfortable :pimp:
props to all of y'all handling y'all business.

My phone not eem nice tho :smh:

i moved out at 18 with my still current GF
it was tough for the first month but honestly if you have a half way decent job and no kids you can do it easily.
after all bills are paid we still have a little over 50% of after taxes income left

How much are your average monthly bills? I'll be moving out sometime soon and I'm trying to estimate what I'm looking at. Will be in a 2br apt most likely with a friend.

Rent
Electric
Car insurance
Car gas
Cable/Internet
Medical insurance
401k (very small percentage but something > nothing)
Food
Credit cards
Cell
Sons karate class
Daughters salsa class
Sole provider family of four. Two jobs
:x

this is what scares me. I have no reall payments besides rent/utilities (things that cant be avoided) but Im doint this on my own. no kids or wife.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO STRETCH MY MONEY TO INCLUDE OTHERS? I wont front, i make a decent living, and folks make more happen with lessthan what i am making, but besides shoes i bought a long while ago, its not like im spending crazy amounts yet i feel broke.

idk. adult responsibilities kinda wack.

Last edited:
Rent..
Electric..
Car note..
Health..
Dental..
Cable..
Internet..
Phone..
Cell..
Food..
Gas..

Basically..EVERYTHING..:x

Luckily at the moment just car insurance, but I am too old to not have more bills. But at the moment cant do better. 

When working I pay everything though. Besides phone bill really. 

Good stuff NT. I have'nt the slightest clue of how to cut deals. Im looking for tips from NT. IE the furniture situation. I have no idea im goin in unkowledgable. Help me step my game up. I def have to budget and get comfortabel

Good stuff NT. I have'nt the slightest clue of how to cut deals. Im looking for tips from NT. IE the furniture situation. I have no idea im goin in unkowledgable. Help me step my game up. I def have to budget and get comfortabel

If you don't mind used sometimes craig's list has some deals....ikea but you need to do it yourself, bob's furniture....but on some quality pieces such as mattress and a couch i would consider spending more of the budget on that because those are investments for a long time....also check out marshall's and home goods they have some nice stuff to decorate and some accessories for the home....also bed bath and beyond has 20 percent off coupons or 5 dollars off so look out for those....they take any of them even they are expired.

Back
Top Bottom