My dissection of the Jordan Melo M3

I was getting ready to throw my beat up M3´s in the trash..then decided to dissect them just to see what type of zoom there was in the forefoot and to see thedual density foam in the heel.

I wonder how lunar faom feels.The dual density foam is kinda bouncy and firm at the same time.I heard lunar foam is a little spongy.My question is..if Nikeused dual density foam in the heel of some bball shoes..and it held up through time..and lunar lite does´nt.Why dont they use this foam in the forefoot insteadof lunar.I mean i come down on my heel harder than my forefoot.Or just zoom will due for me.

Originally Posted by reppin va

Nike used dual density foam in the heel of some bball shoes..and it held up through time..and lunar lite does´nt.Why dont they use this foam in the forefoot instead of lunar.I mean i come down on my heel harder than my forefoot.Or just zoom will due for me.

Never even tried them on TBH, but i'd heard that the Foamposite lite contans a Lunar Foam encapsualted Zoom unit in the forefoot(?)

you can feel pure lunar foam at a niketown, they have a disected lunar glide on display...

cut your nails son!

laugh.gif
at dudes peeping at another dude's nails.. It's NAILS, man.Chill.

i was wearin my pair today wonderin about the insides.

what did u use to get the burlap lookin material of thats direct over the zoom? i can never get that +%+% off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by reppin va

Nike used dual density foam in the heel of some bball shoes..and it held up through time..and lunar lite does´nt.Why dont they use this foam in the forefoot instead of lunar.I mean i come down on my heel harder than my forefoot.Or just zoom will due for me.

Never even tried them on TBH, but i'd heard that the Foamposite lite contans a Lunar Foam encapsualted Zoom unit in the forefoot(?)
Im pretty sure the foam Lites have a full length zoom insole like the Lebron IVs.

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

you can feel pure lunar foam at a niketown, they have a disected lunar glide on display...
The Lunarglides don't have any Lunar foam in them... it's actually Cushlon foam...

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

The Lunarglides don't have any Lunar foam in them... it's actually Cushlon foam...
You are wrong... Look at the pic, green foam is the LunarLite foam and the grey one is the Cushlon foam.
lunarglideinside.jpg

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

You are wrong... Look at the pic, green foam is the LunarLite foam and the grey one is the Cushlon foam.
lunarglideinside.jpg

Just because the foam is green, doesn't mean that it is Lunar foam. In this picture you can see that the Lunar foam is actually white.

I had the chance to attend the U.S. Track and Field Championships in Eugene this past June and talked with a Nike Tech rep as well as a Sr. Engineer from theInnovation Kitchen and they both confirmed that it is not Lunar foam, but instead Cushlon foam that is the green foam that you see.

Here are some pictures I took of the model they had.

Also, the grey foam that you see in your picture is actually Phylon.

Damn you certainly got me on this one! I was so wrong! Thank you very much for the info! Awesome pics too! Good job

Yeah, I read up on that about a month ago. A few running forums were discussing it. The LunarGlide doesn't use lunar foam but rather the LunarLite"system" which is the use of two materials (a softer core cushioning and a denser/firmer shell cushioning).

The LunarElite and LunarSwift are looking like they'll feature actual lunar foam, but there could be confusion again. At the very least, the LunarRacer 2will be using lunar foam.

Yeah, I read up on that about a month ago. A few running forums were discussing it. The LunarGlide doesn't use lunar foam but rather the LunarLite "system" which is the use of two materials (a softer core cushioning and a denser/firmer shell cushioning).

The LunarElite and LunarSwift are looking like they'll feature actual lunar foam, but there could be confusion again. At the very least, the LunarRacer 2 will be using lunar foam.

Bingo. There is quite a bit of confusion and people being mad that the Lunarglides don't have Lunar foam in them. But they don't understand that thereis two sides to it.

Back
Top Bottom