My Dog's snout is swollen. HELP

So I woke up this afternoon and saw that my dog had puked and there was a string in all that mess, so I figured that's what triggered it. Then I see her face, and her snout is swollen, this has never happened before. I'm reading it can be a bug bite (doubt it, live in an apt), allergies, or a tooth infection. I'm searching up some low cost animal hospitals in nyc at the moment. Also reading, Benadryl can help reduce the swelling. Any dog owners have experience with this. Any help is appreciated.

If you are going to give your dog human medicine it must be in small small doses.

You should probably just take your dog to the vet.

She's been dragging her butt too. She's 9 (human years), this is a behavior I've never seen either.

this is a very diff topic on general lol. looking like a Yahoo question.. :lol:

but anyways, take your dog to the vet.

you never know man..spiders can get in.

my dog got bit by ants and he was all messed up, 

you want to make sure that your dog isnt allergic to the bite.

if its just a swollen snout then your dog should be fine, if theres vomiting and other side affects seek help immediately,

make sure to also listen to your dogs heart to make sure its not beating too fast..

Look up signs of thyroid problems in dogs. I think that's what my family's dog had when she started acting funny and dragging her butt. The thyroid caused an enlarged heart and liver.

http://www.humanesocietyny.org/

Humane Society of NYC
306 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
(212) 752-4842

Probably has the most reasonable prices in the city. I'd call ahead of time and explain the situation and see what they can do about the wait and the line without an appointment.

My dog ate the stuffing from the toy once and they did some X-rays and gave him some water shots since he was dehydrated and it came out to $400ish :x :smh:

sounds like an allergic reaction. i'd give it some benadryl, not much though. on occasion my dogs face will swell up or he'll get swollen lumps on his legs, benadryl knocks it out right away.

sorry OP but it was bound to happen sooner or later. in all seriousness, hope your dog gets better man. sounds like an allergy, but it's definitely safer to see a vet than to diagnose it yourself. best of luck to ya.

Last edited:
http://www.humanesocietyny.org/

Humane Society of NYC
306 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
(212) 752-4842

Probably has the most reasonable prices in the city. I'd call ahead of time and explain the situation and see what they can do about the wait and the line without an appointment.

Thanks for posting this. I may need this just in case.

And OP, I hope everything goes well for your dog. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom