My First Short Film (It's only a minute)

As some of you may know, I'm getting ready to join a big short film contest in Australia and this is just my entry to a much smaller one minute short film contest here in the Philippines. Basically the theme was just to talk about my most memorable moment at the mall and so I decided to re-enact how my brother and sister was when I told them that I'll be able to go on stage during the New Years celebration here. Anyways, long story short, here's my short film and would LOVE to get honest reviews? and just what you guys think of it. Thanks! Will update you guys on my final entry for the big festival�
smile.gif

lol the ending summed it up for me..... i was expecting like you lost your 3 year old brother and the like 58 seconds of it would be you eating and like 2 seconds would be the baby in victoria secrets feeling up on the models.

Didn't think the ending was strong. The "5 minutes later" part. But I wasn't listening with sound so that might have been a factor.

Originally Posted by INS

lol the ending summed it up for me..... i was expecting like you lost your 3 year old brother and the like 58 seconds of it would be you eating and like 2 seconds would be the baby in victoria secrets feeling up on the models.
wait....what? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Navarretr

Didn't think the ending was strong. The "5 minutes later" part. But I wasn't listening with sound so that might have been a factor.

i just didn't want to "make up" a moment that didn't really happen, so I couldn't really get creative with this one 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

i like the editing.

thank you, that's pretty much all I was focused on (obviously no story or plot) my first short film...just getting ready to make my 7 minute film soon. thanks again

Originally Posted by hotshots24

As some of you may know, I'm getting ready to join a big short film contest in Australia and this is just my entry to a much smaller one minute short film contest here in the Philippines. Basically the theme was just to talk about my most memorable moment at the mall and so I decided to re-enact how my brother and sister was when I told them that I'll be able to go on stage during the New Years celebration here. Anyways, long story short, here's my short film and would LOVE to get honest reviews? and just what you guys think of it. Thanks! Will update you guys on my final entry for the film festival�
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

not bad actually. liked the music, it goes well with the pictures.

thanks! music is really important for a movie, even more with short films 
smile.gif

It's fine man, I'd actually like to see what you could do with more time. I just didn't really like the bit with the dude crossing the road in split screen, the images didn't match so it looked untidy.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

It's fine man, I'd actually like to see what you could do with more time. I just didn't really like the bit with the dude crossing the road in split screen, the images didn't match so it looked untidy.

i didn't notice that 
ohwell.gif
 good eye, currently writing the script for my 7 minute film and hoping it's something really unique. thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom