My Hindi Dunks *first custom job* Experts enter

Alright, well these were supposed to be authentic Haze dunks
mad.gif

Not even close, spent $110 on them and got sweat shop junk

I decided to get creative today, BC i love custom shoes

Took about 3-4 hours on the first shoe... still A lot of touching up

Most of it I did with a brush and taped the edges....

The Elephant print and Symbol on the back heel I did ALL WITH A TOOTHPICK, took a lil bit, but wasnt bad

Highly pleased with these.......

Criticism welcome Experts!

The Haze
eyes.gif

f4e368cb1d3e0fc21b00a949ff923f3f1912d549.pjpg

the IDEAL custom

d3e16e160518a9f430c4ce1b1195b8a62b5a2f5a.pjpg

THe final product
8083644d1ae3067d1a5ea0c4fe513fa22d1aaa3d.pjpg

ae136a9a1aeb02651509ac38fb713eaafce066aa.pjpg

62e1671f0c1ba2fa3a17fa12180e102a89f6a5ff.pjpg

still got A LOT of touch ups to do....

I used acrylic paint found at walmart for .97 cents/each

idk how good it will hold, but I just wanted to mess around for my first time

I am considering puting a Symbol on the both Toes.... but not sure if that will OD
grin.gif

Also thinking of a signature to put on it

pimp.gif
Thanks all NT Experts for Motivating me
pimp.gif

im not a painting expert but they look like the hufquakes did u draw inspiration seeing those shoes
or u did it out of the top of ur head?
n they look real good
pimp.gif

n can u please list the mats i wanna do something like this

On the materials you used: Did you mix the paint with an acrylic medium orother fluid? I sure hope so, otherwise I dont think that Wal-Mart paint is going to last past the first 30 minutes you throw them on your feet. Also, did youprepare the shoe prior to painting? Another one I hope you sure did....
ohwell.gif

On the appearance of the shoe: I bet if you got yourself a good assortment of brushes, they would've come out a tad cleaner. Theelephant print needs work. I'd say it looked more like the HUFquake crack print more than anything. No symbol on the toes....heavyOD.

I just used acrylic str8.

I did not put on acetone on the first shoe
ohwell.gif
but i did for the second pair...

I got one size of brush and used tooth picks to get the really small spots and touch ups

OK< EXPERT>

When i buy acrylic... what should i buy to mix it with, and about how much should i mix it in.... I like to do 2 or 3 coats of paint..... so should each coathave the same mixtures or does it only matter on the last coat....?

If I go buy this angelus paint from the online store.... what should I buy to mix with it when i do customs???

Last question.... Is there anything i can put over the paint to perserve it.... I am not looking or glossy finishes on the next shoe, but really want to dosomething unique... so how to perserve it glossy and dull would be helpful.....

PLS... Someone

^^
i usually just use angelus straight up notin mixed in but i just started as well
the first shoe i painted came out nice tho no cracking nothing
but yea buy some angelus to start out. that stuff is pretty good and not that expensive
lol that paint you boughtt from walmart aint gonna last tho especially at 97 cents

Some good acrylic to use is CREATEX Acrylics/Airbrush Paint, Angelus Leather Paint, and Nu-Finish Sprays for large surfaces.

With acrylics, I usually mix in a acrylic medium, a little acetone and a little alcohol.

As far as preserving the paint, I've used Krylon Matte Finisher sprays and Liquitex Matte varnish with decent results. Otherwise, I'm just ascareful with my painted kicks as possible.

HWATS CONSIDERED A LITTLE CUZ I DONT WANNA OVER DO IT WITH THE ACETONE AND ALCOHOL

nice to see an indian inspired shoe but blk.wht colors dont fit it......elephant needs some work

i painted a bunch of beat dunks with that walmart paint...mines havent cracked or anything at all...been wearing for a while too...i did a black and gold dunkhigh but its not done yet... ill post up my shoes and u can judge how well the paint actually held up after multiple wears

I sure hope you didn't join Niketalk just to state that reply....

....The OP mentioned that those dunks are not Real HAZE dunks. They're sweatshop knock offs. Thats why he decided to experiment with them.

First off, read the School Me On Customs thread. It should answer many of the questions you have. But nice first attempt. Smaller brushes are def. better thana toothpick, so invest in some of those when you can afford to. Also, the swoosh looks like a different black...did you not paint it because it was alreadyblack???

no i didnt paint the swoosh

but i did finish the other shoe a day or 2 ago, just gotta add the OM logo

I will invest in the brushes i think there like $6 at wal-mart, mixed variety pack

thanks for all the compliments/help

For first time, these are amazing. I'm planning to create a shoe soon, but I was a bit hesitant. You inspire me
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom