my holy grails looking like holy hell!!!

Well, you probably won't have the same problem if they were originals..
smile.gif

HotButter. good looking concords. Picked up some OG concords for $200 shipped. they were worn only 2 times. I hope the glue isn't bad cus I wanna rock thehell outta them..lol. I should be getting them in tommorrow, just checked tracking and there close by. My grails

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by 12 steps

i finally unDS my retro concords xi which is prob my fav shoe of all time, and after only 2 short wears i can see the midsole starting to seperate from the patent leather.
i know i can glue them but i feel it will take away from them, and i should have worn them before. i want another fresh pair but is it worth 400-500 for a pair that i prob
cant wear or the same thing will happen. this is the shoe that pulled me into the shoe game back in 95-96. it really sucks

i was 2 or 3
wink.gif

*Dap

Originally Posted by aphexacid

unDS'ing XI's at this point will 90% result in some separation. I was told by a shoemaker/repair man that glue can only hold onto a smooth material like PL for so long before it separates. Its supposedly because the surface is so smooth. I also asked if wearing them made the situation better. He couldnt really answer that, but i told him about my experience throughout the years, and he said it makes sense.

This happened to me on a DS pair of Jams 2 years ago. i didnt even make it out of the house. I took them to get professionally repaired, and you couldnt tell they were repaired what so ever.

wear you shoes man!
Ok....sure buddy

Originally Posted by hotbutter

can you post some pics, would really like to see it

and a new pair shouldnt cost you $400-500. from a couple of months of searching for some jordan xi concords or dmps. came out witht he conclusiion, for size 10 at least, the average price range is $275- $400. most common was around $350 though.

at first wantd the dmps since theyd have more icy soles and probably easier to find. but with ridiculous resellers-- usually asking for concord prices and sometimes higher, i finalyl decided to cop these>>>

$300 shipped
df91611430361e6166a7b3aaa87c647f8993cdf0.jpg

Thats a sick deal! nice job!

The o.p. should just search for wearable pairs for the rest of his life lolll

seriously tho, hasnt this been discussed more than jay z vs nas?

I experimented with Seaglow on one pair of my Concords and they aren't close to being icy like hotbutter's. Im jealous!

im not a minimod by any means...and i really dont give a damn if yall do it or not...

but im AMAZED nobody came in here talkin bout NO SELLING lol

Originally Posted by hotbutter

can you post some pics, would really like to see it

and a new pair shouldnt cost you $400-500. from a couple of months of searching for some jordan xi concords or dmps. came out witht he conclusiion, for size 10 at least, the average price range is $275- $400. most common was around $350 though.

at first wantd the dmps since theyd have more icy soles and probably easier to find. but with ridiculous resellers-- usually asking for concord prices and sometimes higher, i finalyl decided to cop these>>>

$300 shipped
df91611430361e6166a7b3aaa87c647f8993cdf0.jpg

So amazed at how Icy these still are... How u do it Hotbutter??
nerd.gif

First of all, I feel sorry for the guy, very unfortunate but I think something or someone made him wear those DS concords!

Originally Posted by sosmoove

I experimented with Seaglow on one pair of my Concords and they aren't close to being icy like hotbutter's. Im jealous!me
me2!! those joints is tuff tho mr. butter..
pimp.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

i had just posted a useful point in the thread asking about the importance of shoe boxes, paper and shoe trees...
Originally Posted by bam528

or look at The Mayor. a ridiculous amount of AF1's all in clear boxes. but thats not even for visible purposes. keep em in the original box - paper/shoe trees or not - and air is getting to your shoes. don't care how often you clean em or NOT wearing them, air is your deadliest enemy in the long run. i love when ppl are so excited to keep +!%% deadstock for years thinking they're gonna be all the envy when they're strutting down the street with a fresh pair thats 10 years old, and it turns out their +!%% crumbles within hours. whoops!

Very nice thread.. Im still looking for my concords... I have dmps but I STILL WANT MY CONCORDS...

The whole mid sole of my Concords fell completely off a year ago I just glued them back together and wore them some more
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom