My humble and brief attempt at explaining my faith (Christian)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus claimed that He is the only way to heaven and that there is no other way that leads to heaven. No matter how hard anybody may try, if he/she wants to go to heaven he/she will have to go through Jesus. If you want to go to London from New York, you need a specific ticket to go to that particular place. But if you think, "I will go to airport and catch any flight", assuming that every flight is going to London, then you will never reach the place because you need to catch the specific flight which is going to London. In the same way if we want to go to heaven, we should determine our way. And Jesus said that He is the way… and that no one can go to the Father except through Him. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]In the above said verse, Jesus said, "I am the Life". What is the meaning of life about which Jesus is talking? Let us see what it is about? Are we dead and do we need life? We read from Bible Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." And also in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]We all have sinned and so we are lifeless because our soul is dead in sin. Because of our sins we are heading towards death –eternal death. But Jesus came to this world to save us from hell fire. He gave His precious life for us. He shed His precious blood on the cross to purchase pardon for us. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Yes, He gave His life for us but now we have to claim life – eternal life so that we may never die but live forever and forever. Jesus came to give us eternal life – a life that will never fade. He came to give us life abundant and it is available free of cost because Jesus paid the price for it on the cross. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]When this verse says that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, it means that there is no other way to heaven, no other truth and no other source of life available in this world. This aborts all others and proves ‘the deity of Jesus Christ’ who is the only one way to heaven, who is the only one life source and who is the only one truth.

NavBridge.jpg
[/font]

[table][tr][td]
tissot-pardoning-thief300x232.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
"[sup]39 [/sup]One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!' [sup]40 [/sup]But the other criminal rebuked him. 'Don't you fear God,' he said, 'since you are under the same sentence? [sup]41 [/sup]We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' [sup]42 [/sup]Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' [sup]43 [/sup]Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" (Luke 23:39-43)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus claimed that He is the only way to heaven and that there is no other way that leads to heaven. No matter how hard anybody may try, if he/she wants to go to heaven he/she will have to go through Jesus. If you want to go to London from New York, you need a specific ticket to go to that particular place. But if you think, "I will go to airport and catch any flight", assuming that every flight is going to London, then you will never reach the place because you need to catch the specific flight which is going to London. In the same way if we want to go to heaven, we should determine our way. And Jesus said that He is the way… and that no one can go to the Father except through Him. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Jesus said, "I am the Truth". No man on this earth can claim to be such that he/she is the truth because, there can be no one in this planet earth who never lied or never did anything wrong. So no man can claim this. But Jesus Himself said, " I am the Truth", because He is God Himself and there is no sin or no lie in Him.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]In the above said verse, Jesus said, "I am the Life". What is the meaning of life about which Jesus is talking? Let us see what it is about? Are we dead and do we need life? We read from Bible Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." And also in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]We all have sinned and so we are lifeless because our soul is dead in sin. Because of our sins we are heading towards death –eternal death. But Jesus came to this world to save us from hell fire. He gave His precious life for us. He shed His precious blood on the cross to purchase pardon for us. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]Yes, He gave His life for us but now we have to claim life – eternal life so that we may never die but live forever and forever. Jesus came to give us eternal life – a life that will never fade. He came to give us life abundant and it is available free of cost because Jesus paid the price for it on the cross. [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana]When this verse says that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, it means that there is no other way to heaven, no other truth and no other source of life available in this world. This aborts all others and proves ‘the deity of Jesus Christ’ who is the only one way to heaven, who is the only one life source and who is the only one truth.

NavBridge.jpg
[/font]

[table][tr][td]
tissot-pardoning-thief300x232.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
"[sup]39 [/sup]One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!' [sup]40 [/sup]But the other criminal rebuked him. 'Don't you fear God,' he said, 'since you are under the same sentence? [sup]41 [/sup]We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' [sup]42 [/sup]Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' [sup]43 [/sup]Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'" (Luke 23:39-43)

I respect everyones religion. If Christianity leads you to a better life, then I support you. Its just hard for me to accept the bible. I'm not saying there aren't great truths in it but I remember at Temple U I had a teacher who said, "How did Noah get one male and one female of over 10,000 different types of Beetles on his Arc?" But I'm like 90% of Americans.... The minute I got really sick and needed an operation is the minute I started praying and asking for HIS/HER help.

I respect everyones religion. If Christianity leads you to a better life, then I support you. Its just hard for me to accept the bible. I'm not saying there aren't great truths in it but I remember at Temple U I had a teacher who said, "How did Noah get one male and one female of over 10,000 different types of Beetles on his Arc?" But I'm like 90% of Americans.... The minute I got really sick and needed an operation is the minute I started praying and asking for HIS/HER help.

....... another issue is the only way to heaven is accepting Jesus Christ? Christianity is a newer religion. I just dont see all Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews etc ALL going to hell.

....... another issue is the only way to heaven is accepting Jesus Christ? Christianity is a newer religion. I just dont see all Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Jews etc ALL going to hell.

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Dude not sure if it matter if every insect was on that ship. Plus as a science major and christian i believe in horizonatal changes but not in the vertical (evolution). So a Bull dog and terrier can mix and create a new breed...like a french bulldog or something but a bulldog cant turn into a horse. So if there was beetle on the ship it has probably mated since and created all those 10,000 types 
happy.gif

but in the end idont think im smart enough to answer all the questions about GOD. I try to just understand what I can.

Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
 [sup]4[/sup] “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
   Tell me, if you understand.
[sup]5[/sup] Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
   Who stretched a measuring line across it?
[sup]6[/sup] On what were its footings set,
   or who laid its cornerstone—
[sup]7[/sup] while the morning stars sang together
   and all the angels[sup][a][/sup] shouted for joy?

[sup]8[/sup] “Who shut up the sea behind doors
   when it burst forth from the womb,
[sup]9[/sup] when I made the clouds its garment
   and wrapped it in thick darkness,
[sup]10[/sup] when I fixed limits for it
   and set its doors and bars in place,
[sup]11[/sup] when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
   here is where your proud waves halt’?

[sup]12[/sup] “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
   or shown the dawn its place, 
 [sup]16[/sup] “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
   or walked in the recesses of the deep?
[sup]17[/sup] Have the gates of death been shown to you?
   Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
[sup]18[/sup] Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
   Tell me, if you know all this.

[sup]19[/sup] “What is the way to the abode of light?
   And where does darkness reside?
[sup]20[/sup] Can you take them to their places?
   Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
[sup]21[/sup] Surely you know, for you were already born!
   You have lived so many years! 

Dude not sure if it matter if every insect was on that ship. Plus as a science major and christian i believe in horizonatal changes but not in the vertical (evolution). So a Bull dog and terrier can mix and create a new breed...like a french bulldog or something but a bulldog cant turn into a horse. So if there was beetle on the ship it has probably mated since and created all those 10,000 types 
happy.gif

but in the end idont think im smart enough to answer all the questions about GOD. I try to just understand what I can.

Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
 [sup]4[/sup] “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
   Tell me, if you understand.
[sup]5[/sup] Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
   Who stretched a measuring line across it?
[sup]6[/sup] On what were its footings set,
   or who laid its cornerstone—
[sup]7[/sup] while the morning stars sang together
   and all the angels[sup][a][/sup] shouted for joy?

[sup]8[/sup] “Who shut up the sea behind doors
   when it burst forth from the womb,
[sup]9[/sup] when I made the clouds its garment
   and wrapped it in thick darkness,
[sup]10[/sup] when I fixed limits for it
   and set its doors and bars in place,
[sup]11[/sup] when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
   here is where your proud waves halt’?

[sup]12[/sup] “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
   or shown the dawn its place, 
 [sup]16[/sup] “Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
   or walked in the recesses of the deep?
[sup]17[/sup] Have the gates of death been shown to you?
   Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
[sup]18[/sup] Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
   Tell me, if you know all this.

[sup]19[/sup] “What is the way to the abode of light?
   And where does darkness reside?
[sup]20[/sup] Can you take them to their places?
   Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
[sup]21[/sup] Surely you know, for you were already born!
   You have lived so many years! 

It has been proven that 1000's of different of types of Beetles existed before Jesus. Plus theres the different ways our society has changed the bible. It says in the bible that Jesus was black but somehow all the pictures I see of him are white.

It has been proven that 1000's of different of types of Beetles existed before Jesus. Plus theres the different ways our society has changed the bible. It says in the bible that Jesus was black but somehow all the pictures I see of him are white.

thats cool so between Noah's arc........... and............... 33B.C.
1000 beetle species could have arisen.
and you say now we have 10,000 so between 1 A.D. (Jesus ) and today another 19,000.
whats the problem ? you and science find that between Jesus' birth and now beetles have mated into more types. it all makes sense.

Jesus probably looked middle eastern not white or black. America and europe think everything has to be black or white.

thats cool so between Noah's arc........... and............... 33B.C.
1000 beetle species could have arisen.
and you say now we have 10,000 so between 1 A.D. (Jesus ) and today another 19,000.
whats the problem ? you and science find that between Jesus' birth and now beetles have mated into more types. it all makes sense.

Jesus probably looked middle eastern not white or black. America and europe think everything has to be black or white.

I have never heard this. I know he wasn't white but I knew this because of where he was born. Where does it say he was black? Also, where is the study about the beetles? That sounds interesting.

I have never heard this. I know he wasn't white but I knew this because of where he was born. Where does it say he was black? Also, where is the study about the beetles? That sounds interesting.

i thought your post read MY.....

i see quotes....

plus,

you aint important enough to have your own spinoff topic.

i thought your post read MY.....

i see quotes....

plus,

you aint important enough to have your own spinoff topic.

i'm a Christian and even i dont believe that either and when it comes to the bible, even I raise an eyebrow at the things in it but i'm more of a "moral of the story is trust God" type person

i'm a Christian and even i dont believe that either and when it comes to the bible, even I raise an eyebrow at the things in it but i'm more of a "moral of the story is trust God" type person

Back
Top Bottom