MY MOST PRIZED PAIR IN MY SNEAKER COLLECTION

Also
Are they upper deck authenticated? I know MJ has an exclusive contract and only authenticates thru UD. Doesn't mean it's fake at all but in terms of market value some collectors won't touch anything not UD authentic.

And for those asking about getting a pair signed by MJ, you have to wait for an event to sign up and send your items in to be signed. Fees range depending on the item but I think shoes run about 1K and you only get one shoe signed. Last event was back in 2011 I think. I was recently looking to get my pinstripe bulls signed but haven't heard of any upcoming events.
Also how do you request for Jordan to sign a pair for me that'd be awesome and if its true i'll do it. The problem is where and when is this service available... You see thats where rarity comes into play.

i know UDA isn't the ONLY authority on authentic signatures but in the case of jordan they are the only company that jordan himself authenticates thru meaning they can verify when/where the item was signed. regardless, this means nothing if you don't plan on selling the pair which i wouldn't do in a million years if i came up on a pair like this :smokin .

as far as getting items signed by jordan now, you really have to wait for an event in which there's a window for you to sign-up/send in your item to have it signed. haven't seen any recently which is making me want to just go and cop a signed/framed bulls jersey from UD themselves.

OK HERE IT IS AFTER MY LONG STORY AND RESEARCH OF HOW I CAME ACROSS THESE. FINALLY I CAN SAY THIS IS MY TOP MOST PRIZE PAIR IN MY SNEAKER COLLECTION. THESE ARE 1995 FTPS PLAYER SAMPLE NIKE AIR JORDAN 11 CONCORDS- GAME WORN? PERHAPS BUT NOT YET VERIFIED. DUAL AUTHENTICATED SIGNATURE ON EACH HEEL BY THE G.O.A.T. THE MAN HIMSELF MICHAEL JORDAN DEFIANTLY...  A DIAMOND IN MY COLLECTION... OR IN ANY ONES COLLECTION FOR THAT MATTER. NONETHELESS HERE IT IS:

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK???
After reading your other post about how you got these shoes, I'm a bit jealous.

Nice steal from the flea market! You got mad lucky bro

sick. i replied to your question in that other thread.

how do you go about verifying that they're game worn?

i know there's a way you can pay money and get stuff signed by him... i want to get my OG black toes signed... anyone know how?

UDA has signings where you send in your item and its autographed by him. Costs a lot, not sure if they do it anymore but im sure you can search up on google and find it.

UDA has signings where you send in your item and its autographed by him. Costs a lot, not sure if they do it anymore but im sure you can search up on google and find it.
WOW really? that sounds very interesting i would like to have him sign a few other pairs. The question is how is this done? how much would it cost and how long will i have to wait to see another one of those. Also is that opened to any general public or is that like a "prestigious list of RSVP" that you would have to go through to achieve this?

ANY DIRECT LINKS WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR THESE UDA EVENTS OR ANY INFO ON THEM. 
nthat.gif

James Spence is terrible authentication. He's authenticated tons of forgeries... and even stamped/pre-printed signatures. :lol: A couple years ago he even authenticated an in-person autographed card of a player who died 2 years before the card was produced. :smh:

There's tons of stories & examples his of authentications online, and JSA is widely frowned upon among most serious collectors.

PSA/DNA has slip ups, as does any 3rd party authenticating something (nothing more than an educated guess), but they're much, much more reputable than JSA.

And if you want to send something in to UDA to get signed, start here:

http://store.upperdeck.com/store/article/1284?Args=

Last edited:
James Spence is terrible authentication. He's authenticated tons of forgeries... and even stamped/pre-printed signatures.
laugh.gif
A couple years ago he even authenticated an in-person autographed card of a player who died 2 years before the card was produced.
mean.gif

There's tons of stories & examples his of authentications online, and JSA is widely frowned upon among most serious collectors.

PSA/DNA has slip ups, as does any 3rd party authenticating something (nothing more than an educated guess), but they're much, much more reputable than JSA.

And if you want to send something in to UDA to get signed, start here:

http://store.upperdeck.com/store/article/1284?Args=
Thanks for your reply. and Thanks for the UDA link. However, where/who are your sources that prove that this may have happened? this is the first time i hear about such dislike for an authentication agency. Did you know that JAmes Spence used to work for PSA/DNA and made PSA/DNA one of the most recognizable authentication companies that it is today. Did you also know that its not just James spence who authenticate items himself he has a few agents down the tree to authenticators in which may or may have have not made a mistake in authenticating something how do you know if what you claimed was James Spence (the top authenticator) himself? Can you provide solid details maybe links about this?

Just google his name. 
WHEN YOU DO A SCHOOL PROJECT OR A RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT OR A NEWS PAPER ARTICLE OR WRITE A BOOK THEY WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO REFERENCE FOR RELIABLE SOURCES AND TO CITE THEM... WHEN YOU GO TO COURT YOU NEED TO BRING SUSTAINABLE UNBIASED PROOF. WHEN YOU NEED TO PROVE SOMETHING  NEED UNBIASED CLEAN TRUSTWORTHY PROOF AND EVEN THEN IF YOU FIND ONE (ONLY IF) THAT MAY HAVE BEEN AN ERROR MADE ON A OLD ITEM... WHICH STATISTICALLY SPEAKING HAS A VARIABLE UNRELATED AND INDEPENDENTLY TO THIS ONE. SO... I HAVE NO OTHE IDEA HOW TO REPLAY TO YOUR POST OR WHAT TO SAY... BTW JAMES SPENCE WAS SO GOOD HE USED TO WORK FOR DNA/PSA AS AN AUTHENTICATOR AND THEN HE WENT SOLO AND CREATED HIS OWN AUTHENTICATING AGENCY "SO BAD SO HORRIBLE SO UNRECOGNIZABLE" THAT IT BECAME EQUALLY EQUIVALENT TO PSA/DNA IN IN MY OPINION. IN FACT IT IS ONLY 1 OF 3 INDEPENDENT SPORT SIGNATURE AUTHENTICATORS CERTIFIED BY EBAY WHEN LISTING AN AUTHOGRAPHED ITEM.

Last edited:
If you want more info about Blazer21NTNP's allegations, I'd suggest PM-ing him if you haven't yet.

He's a pretty knowledgeable dude, and he has no reason to troll the post.

Dealing with any kinds of authentication requires a bit of a leap of faith by the consumer, if the authenticator was not present at the time of the signing (many places code the item differently for signatures that were and were not witnessed by a rep from the authenticating organization). UDA is considered the gold standard in the biz for MJ items; that's just the way it is. It may be right, it may be wrong, it may be group think, but that doesn't change the fact that James Spence is apparently not the most preferred authenticator in the hobby. ...Doesn't mean he wasn't 100% correct with the item though.

If you want more info about Blazer21NTNP's allegations, I'd suggest PM-ing him if you haven't yet.

He's a pretty knowledgeable dude, and he has no reason to troll the post.

Dealing with any kinds of authentication requires a bit of a leap of faith by the consumer, if the authenticator was not present at the time of the signing (many places code the item differently for signatures that were and were not witnessed by a rep from the authenticating organization). UDA is considered the gold standard in the biz for MJ items; that's just the way it is. It may be right, it may be wrong, it may be group think, but that doesn't change the fact that James Spence is apparently not the most preferred authenticator in the hobby. ...Doesn't mean he wasn't 100% correct with the item though.
Ok i understand what you mean. If the "authenticator need be present at the time of signing" there would be no need to provide a service to verify a signature would it? You probably meant to say that if a UDA representative is present at the time of signing that would be the best way or preferred way among the top collectors. Correct? I understand that that is the only way to get Upper Deck Authentication which ofcourse is a top of the line creme-de-la-creme sports memorabilia.I understand that. io just don't believe that because my item was james spence authenticated you demote the possibility of being real authentic.

Last edited:
Ok i undersand what you mean. If the "authenticator need be present at the time of signing" there would be no need to provide a service to verify a signature would it? You probably meant to say that if a UDA representative is present at the time of signing that would be the best way or preferred way among the top collectors. Correct? I understand that that is the only way to get Upper Deck Authentication which ofcourse is a top of the line creme-de-la-creme sports memorabilia.I understand that. io just don't believe that because an was james spence authenticated you demote the possibility of being real authentic.
....Say if i get PSA/DNA certification for authenticity as well would you or Blazers21NTNP or anyone else say any different opinion? WHat would you suggest that would increase its certainty and the value of my item.

Last edited:
....Say if i get PSA/DNA certification for authenticity as well would you or Blazers21NTNP or anyone else say any different opinion? WHat would you suggest that would increase its certainty and the value of my item.

I'm not really a collector of those kinds of items - as I said, that's more sports memorabilia to me than they are shoes. I personally, wouldn't pay the price difference between an autographed pair and just a PE pair. As a potential investment opportunity, that's a different story, but my personal preference doesn't point toward a willingness to pay a super premium for autographed pieces. So, my knowledge is limited. What I would say generally is that it's the consensus of market that matters - that determines the value of your item. So, if they value a particular form of authentication more highly than others, seeking that will increase the value of the item among those in the market for that item. ...It doesn't matter what anybody who is not a realistic buyer of the item thinks.

All that stuff is a risk though, as is the case with getting anything authenticated second-hand, i.e. not at the time of signature. I'm sure authentic sigs are deemed inauthentic and I'm sure inauthentic sigs get by too. At the end of the day, it's really just an educated guess by an unbiased third-party.

I'm not really a collector of those kinds of items - as I said, that's more sports memorabilia to me than they are shoes. I personally, wouldn't pay the price difference between an autographed pair and just a PE pair. As a potential investment opportunity, that's a different story, but my personal preference doesn't point toward a willingness to pay a super premium for autographed pieces. So, my knowledge is limited. What I would say generally is that it's the consensus of market that matters - that determines the value of your item. So, if they value a particular form of authentication more highly than others, seeking that will increase the value of the item among those in the market for that item. ...It doesn't matter what anybody who is not a realistic buyer of the item thinks.

All that stuff is a risk though, as is the case with getting anything authenticated second-hand, i.e. not at the time of signature. I'm sure authentic sigs are deemed inauthentic and I'm sure inauthentic sigs get by too. At the end of the day, it's really just an educated guess by an unbiased third-party.
Of course i understand what you mean.  makes perfect sense if you are not a sports memorabilia collector. but an autographed item vs non-autographed item means alto of difference to memorabilia connoisseurs.

UDA is out of the question as they wont authenticate signatures not witnessed by them. PSA post-Spence is just as bad or worse than JSA. I wouldn't suggest going through Global. They're a joke.

Since MJ does sign for fans/friends outside of UDA, there's no other choice unless you were to take a pic while he's in the act.

All authentication companies have a long list of screw ups. Mostly because those who complain do. Those who are satisfied, don't.

Of course i understand what you mean.  makes perfect sense if you are not a sports memorabilia collector. but an autographed item vs non-autographed item means alto of difference to memorabilia connoisseurs.

I know a lot of game used memorabilia collectors and player exclusive collectors and the majority of them prefer there stuff unsigned. The people I know who collect signed memorabilia need 100% concrete evidence the signiture is legit. I suggest doing some reading on Operation Bullpen.

I think what you have is very nice but with no way to prove the signiture is legit you will not get top doller. I think you need to step back and look at things from the perspective of a buyer and not a seller. Do your own homework on who to send them off to and just put them up for sale.

Remember they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

UDA is out of the question as they wont authenticate signatures not witnessed by them. PSA post-Spence is just as bad or worse than JSA. I wouldn't suggest going through Global. They're a joke.

Since MJ does sign for fans/friends outside of UDA, there's no other choice unless you were to take a pic while he's in the act.

All authentication companies have a long list of screw ups. Mostly because those who complain do. Those who are satisfied, don't.
That is a great point you've got there. Thanks for adding to the mix 

I know a lot of game used memorabilia collectors and player exclusive collectors and the majority of them prefer there stuff unsigned. The people I know who collect signed memorabilia need 100% concrete evidence the signiture is legit. I suggest doing some reading on Operation Bullpen.

I think what you have is very nice but with no way to prove the signiture is legit you will not get top doller. I think you need to step back and look at things from the perspective of a buyer and not a seller. Do your own homework on who to send them off to and just put them up for sale.

Remember they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Yes i am very aware of that. Thanks for your feedback

Back
Top Bottom