My NYNT bros, please chime in Vol. The City got some damb Nerve

Is anyone else getting warning tickets for obstruction of a lane on a 2 way street?...my whole street got smacked with tickets, the fee is 0$ but apparently this is a warning for us to not park at an angle obstructing one of the lanes, that's cool and all if there were not 2 feet mountains of ice to work around to even park!...the hell is this?...any NYPD NTers that can shed some light on this?

I got a ticket today in NJ for ' Abandonment of Vehicle'  on a public street. I guess the two snow storms and my car being plowed in constitutes as abandoned. My car was the only one to get it so I think somebody called it in. Great way to treat a lady that is six months preggo!! Sucks.

Meanwhile in cali we can park just fine because the only ice we get is in our starbucks

You are the biggest troll NT has seen in a long time but I'll give you this one. I can't stop laughing.

Sounds like they just want to make a statement Steezy. I would take pictures of the ice and why you need to park at an angle incase they do decide to take this to court

Meanwhile in cali we can park just fine because the only ice we get is in our starbucks

You are the biggest troll NT has seen in a long time but I'll give you this one. I can't stop laughing.

Sounds like they just want to make a statement Steezy. I would take pictures of the ice and why you need to park at an angle incase they do decide to take this to court
Ur welcome papi :lol:

And steezy i got a ticket for parking outside of the lines once so now when i do park outside the lines(usually due to other cars parking on the line) which makes me adjust my parking. I take a picture everytime and save it for evidence that the other car was in my lane and i had no choice

The parking situation is real bad right now. It Seems like a lot is the only safe place at this point.

Not surprised in BK they've repainted some of the lines to make everything one lane and severely curtail double parking. Ocean pkwy is all types of ****** up, they turned them two yellow lines in to some DNA strand :lol: :smh:

Same **** though. At least you just got a warning. Could've got a law sneaked in and fined right away for it.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

honestly the whole way NYC handles Snow is crazy to me, Especially right now with all the ice.   Cars get just plowed in, with three feet mountains of ice surrounding them and people shovel their sidewalks and just toss it between the cars so they then get stuck in with more 3 foot piles on both sides of your bumper.  With the exception of a single car lane on one way streets, all the parking spots are covered with ice or piles of snow.

my block literally has lost 50% of its parking on both sides of the street due to lazy plow work and residents moving all the snow from their sidewalks into the street even creating larger ice slicks.  If you are lucky enough to find a spot, or are willing to dig/chip one out, you have to park at an angle so you don't get stuck in ice by the time you come back to your car

I was coming home at like 4 AM yesterday, and they had bull dozers out on 7th ave Clearing out bus stops, but all they were doing was creating 10 foot piles surrounding the cars near them, and not even attempting to clear out empty parking lanes spaces on the block.  I'm all for more access to public transportation for people, but there's no reason to disregard passenger cars in the same vein   

I literally checked nyc.gov like 6 times that day, because until it started snowing at like 10 alternate side parking was going to be in effect, which I don't even understand how that was going to be possible

they give tickets for not shoveling your sidewalk, but in conditions like this it seems like clearing any more than a 4 foot walkway should be a ticketable offense as opposed to shoveling all 8 plus feet directly into the portion of the road the plows cant reach

LAs cool, but its not a city, its just a giant suburb, not comparable, but great weather though ya'll got that 

the snow situation in NYC is no joke. there are parking spots that are taken up by mounds of snow and cars can't get in or out of their spots because theres ice everywhere. this is my first year driving regularly and i was stuck in my spot for over half an hour because my car couldn't get out due to ice. had to use 2 buckets of hot water to melt the ice and chip away with shovels to get out. i am not looking forward to winters in NYC anymore if i have to drive regularly

If you driving and parking on the street in NY when you know it's snowing you gotta have that salt and shovel handy in your trunk at all times or shell out the extra money to pay to park in a garage.

Back
Top Bottom