My parents are starting a church...

theo6kid

Banned
My best friends parents just became Ministers recently. A couple of other people that have been dis sastisfied with other churches decided to come togetherand start a church. Their target audience is 1-30yrs old. Any ideas on how to run a succesful church. It's going to be an outreach church so there will bea lot of community service.

I was thinking that in "sunday school" they should teach kids more than just the same old stories that they have been learning for years. Whenholidays come up they should try and teach people everything they can about that holiday i.e the pagan side, the religious side etc. They should teach aboutother religions so that as children as well as adults will be able to see different views.
I need some ideas my mom is going to talk to me later and bring it up to the starters of the church later this week.

don't put too much emphasis on the religion
but put more of an emphasis on the personal relationship

why would you teach other religions?? there is nothing wrong w/it but if those people chose to be apart of your church i'm sure they don't want tolearn about the other religions...

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

Jim Jones?

smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

why would you teach other religions?? there is nothing wrong w/it but if those people chose to be apart of your church i'm sure they don't want to learn about the other religions...
And that's EXACTLY what church is all about
happy.gif

Dude came to NT on ideas to run a church? Man, what's going on with our religious leaders. I'm not fooled I know your folks are trying to cake out.

laugh.gif
This is why religion is such a joke at times...actually a lot of times

Your parents are basically tryin to run a business ($$$).

Originally Posted by PAsSback

laugh.gif

word.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Dude came to NT on ideas to run a church? Man, what's going on with our religious leaders. I'm not fooled I know your folks are trying to cake out.

I'm simply replying with...Your an Idiot.

Anyway. They are trying to start a church that is different from any other church. What are some things that you like about your church and things thatyouwould want to avoid. I would love it to be more about personal salvation than religion. How would I go about that, because while I see the difference I butwhat would be the best way to explain that.

people go to church to learn about their own religion, not the religion of others.

laugh.gif

No that is why religion is a joke. You dont' know$#@% about my parents. to sit her and question their integerity is something that actually pisses meoff. both of my parents have been serving this country for the last 20 and 30 years of thei rlife respectivly. They have left theri children for years on endto protect the freedom to believe what you want, and for you to make statements like that. The only thign they kept them going outside of me and my twobrothers were their faith. The two people that are now ministers one has worked counciling prisioners for the last 8 years of his life and his wife works inthe ICU wing at the hospital here in town. Your a joke. and understand nothing of true faith and for some reason your life is so twisted that when someoneactually wants to do something constructive with thier community you dismiss it as some grand scheme.

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

Jim Jones?
i came into this thread specifically thinking about that
laugh.gif

stay away from the flavor-aid, kiddies

Might wanna edit your uh....choice of words my man. Dont wanna see you gettin banned for other peoples ignorance...
Im not religious in the slightest bit...but good on your rents' for tryna start somethin positive

laugh.gif

i dont like religion but this was uncalled for

While I wouldn't go as far as saying you or your parents are just trying to make $$$. But I would have to agree I find it bit odd to do sort ofmarket research for what a church might need on niketalk or just in general. If you or your parents are really motivated and real about having a church for theright reason I don't think you need niketalk's suggestions to make it a success. I think coming up with your own ideas and catering to the needs ordemands of your church goers should define success if in fact you're starting a church for the right reasons. Not what niketalk thinks would be cool tohave at a church...

Originally Posted by ebayologist

While I wouldn't go as far as saying you or your parents are just trying to make $$$. But I would have to agree I find it bit odd to do sort of market research for what a church might need on niketalk or just in general. If you or your parents are really motivated and real about having a church for the right reason I don't think you need niketalk's suggestions to make it a success. I think coming up with your own ideas and catering to the needs or demands of your church goers should define success if in fact you're starting a church for the right reasons. Not what niketalk thinks would be cool to have at a church...
The reason that I posted it on here is because her market research is the yuth. If there is one thing to say about niketalk, it is that it is fullof youth. She asked me what is the best way to reach the youth of the community(which more than likely have no money). She does this becasue she sees so manyyoung men and women fall by the wayside and she wants to help them. I need constructive suggestions on how to keep the youth interested in church. What aresome of the things we would want to learn about. You gow where the people are, and th epeople are online.
And in this era, church isn't just about God it is about the people. They've asked God but seeing as though I'm not as religious as they will everbe, I ask you'll.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

why would you teach other religions?? there is nothing wrong w/it but if those people chose to be apart of your church i'm sure they don't want to learn about the other religions...

In this day and age interfaith programs and educating people that other ways of belief are not "wrong" or "pagan" is absolutelyimperative for every church. I mean, doesn't it strike you as wrong for the three largest Abrahamic religions not to get along and have some of theirmembers think the other is "wicked" in some way?

I don't know what kind of religion you guys attend...

My religion doesn't talk about anybody else's religion. It's not our place to do that. What kind of religion, say a "born-againChristian" fellowship would hold services talking about what other people believe? I just find that so lame...

Back
Top Bottom