My PlayStation 3 Crisis

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Also GT4 having better graphics than Forza 3
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. So everyone should go buy a PS3 and play GT4 instead, oh wait I forgot they took out the backward compatibility.
Have you watched the previews for Forza? It looks barely better than Forza 2.

GT: Prologue blows it out of the water and came out almost 2 years ago.

Maybe graphics aren't what you are looking for... but I buy GT for the accuracy of the cars and the graphics.
I play game games for the game play and the features; graphics don't mean that much to me and a lot of gamers feel that way. I mean just look at L4D, ok graphics, great game play. A game can look good and play like #%+$ and I would feel I wasted my $60. Also Forza 2 looked great and Forza 3 looks better. Finally GT:tongue:rologue was a extended demo, Sony straight ripped people off with that game, might look better but it will still be a better choice to buy a Forza game over it.

They why even buy a next gen system? L4D looks really good btw. Not Uncharted 2 good but good. I do agree with Prologue I don't even know why they chargedfor it.

To answer your past post you say more people are on XBL but if I can get a game/full game every time, anytime itdoesn't really matter. At least not to me. Ive never struggled to get a game going in any game I've played online for the PS3. Forza. You cant compare Forza to Gran Turismo, two different games. One is more arcade one is geared more towards simulation.

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

What you want to do is unplug the back power cord for like a minute and then plug it back in. Hold the power button until it turns on. If it doesn't turn on your ps3 is done. They will replace it if you had it less than a year I think.

Good thing microsoft has the warranty for two years. Another point for the 360
You know why they made it two years right? It used to be 1 year but he RROD was so bad that they increased the facorty warranty to two years. Ifthe ps3 problem got even half as bad as the Xbox's problems Im sure they would increase the warranty.

Why does no one buy extended warranty through the retailer? I paid an extra $40 for my PS3 for 3 year retailer warranty. None of this sending back business.Anything happens, I take it in and they replace it on the spot.

All my friends who bought 360's do this, much less hassle.

Why does no one buy extended warranty through the retailer? I paid an extra $40 for my PS3 for 3 year retailer warranty. None of this sending back business. Anything happens, I take it in and they replace it on the spot.

They convince themselves that they dont need it. Also most dont budget it for it and when they're presented with it they just shrug it off. My bro put meon to them early so I always get it. They're beautiful in most cases. Like my PSP for example, I used the warranty and got the new lighter version thatcame with a game and a movie
pimp.gif
and since the price dropped from when It was originally purchased I was able to pick another game.

Why does no one buy extended warranty through the retailer? I paid an extra $40 for my PS3 for 3 year retailer warranty. None of this sending back business. Anything happens, I take it in and they replace it on the spot.

I did that too so I wouldn't have to send it in
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Dunk Monk

dude who suggested I pull out the hard drive, what's a the success rate on the? Any pros and cons or adverse affects?
Most yellow light cases were the result of a hard drive issue and the solution was simply removing the hard drive and putting it back in. A quickGoogle search or looking at the PS3 owner's manual will show you the steps of removing the hard drive. As for pros and cons for trying this, there isnothing to lose. Switching out hard drives on your PS3 will not void your warranty. The manual even tells you how to do it, so why not try it before sending itin to Sony?

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Its funny this is the first PS3 reported on here and the XBOX clan jumping all over it...they should be sympathetic seeing how they deal with it like twice a year

OP just buy another PS3, swap yours out and return for your money. Let the big stores deal with it. Regarding the game, I'd say keep playing with it and attempt to eject.
roll.gif

only people that get red rings are the people who dont know how to take care of their xbox. Xbox Live is worth the money. PS3 sucks so bad its free. NXE > Home.

/thread.

here's a ninja hood pic to show you how much i love my xbox!
Are you serious? I got the RROD three days after getting a new XBOX (after they replaced it). I only played it like twice. You also can play for ps3 online now I think and it is alot better
i take amazing care of everything i own and i've gotten it 3 times..........

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. So everyone should go buy a PS3 and play GT4 instead, oh wait I forgot they took out the backward compatibility.

Maybe graphics aren't what you are looking for... but I buy GT for the accuracy of the cars and the graphics.
I play game games for the game play and the features; graphics don't mean that much to me and a lot of gamers feel that way. I mean just look at L4D, ok graphics, great game play. A game can look good and play like #%+$ and I would feel I wasted my $60. Also Forza 2 looked great and Forza 3 looks better. Finally GT:tongue:rologue was a extended demo, Sony straight ripped people off with that game, might look better but it will still be a better choice to buy a Forza game over it.

They why even buy a next gen system? L4D looks really good btw. Not Uncharted 2 good but good. I do agree with Prologue I don't even know why they charged for it.

To answer your past post you say more people are on XBL but if I can get a game/full game every time, anytime it doesn't really matter. At least not to me. Ive never struggled to get a game going in any game I've played online for the PS3. Forza. You cant compare Forza to Gran Turismo, two different games. One is more arcade one is geared more towards simulation.
Both Forza and GT are both sims.. The reason community size matters is for the legacy of the game. You may get a full game now, but how long will that be the case and the guys that remain are most likely so good that a novice would get murked if he tried to hope online after the game been out two years. Go play G.R.A.W online, a game that sold 2.5 million copies on 360 alone, see how long you last against. Next, I did not say graphic did not play a part, of course it does, processing power jumps every 18 months so wanting a new console every 6 years is a reasonable progression for a console.

Can't embed sorry, but check out this video http://gamersyde.com/stream_11639_en.html

Very true. After some research supposedly you can make Forza either Arcade like or Simulation.

.IMO PGR is a better competitor for GT.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They why even buy a next gen system? L4D looks really good btw. Not Uncharted 2 good but good. I do agree with Prologue I don't even know why they charged for it.

To answer your past post you say more people are on XBL but if I can get a game/full game every time, anytime it doesn't really matter. At least not to me. Ive never struggled to get a game going in any game I've played online for the PS3. Forza. You cant compare Forza to Gran Turismo, two different games. One is more arcade one is geared more towards simulation.
Both Forza and GT are both sims.. The reason community size matters is for the legacy of the game. You may get a full game now, but how long will that be the case and the guys that remain are most likely so good that a novice would get murked if he tried to hope online after the game been out two years. Go play G.R.A.W online, a game that sold 2.5 million copies on 360 alone, see how long you last against. Next, I did not say graphic did not play a part, of course it does, processing power jumps every 18 months so wanting a new console every 6 years is a reasonable progression for a console.

Can't embed sorry, but check out this video http://gamersyde.com/stream_11639_en.html

is that what they say? Forza is a sim? it play more arcade like to me ....i fell into the hype for forza 2, bought it ...got rid of it after a few weeks .....Project Gotham Racing feels more of a SIM then Forza ...IMO PGR is a better competitor for GT.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

AF1 Beast wrote:

Yes! Now you PS3 dudes can't talk about us X360 guys. XBOX 360 FTW

Yea because the yellow light occurs just as often as the rrod. **** PS3 > Xbox 360 in every way. I don't know anyone who had an xbox that hasn't had
to get it replaced.
I've had my 360 for 3 years and still havent had the RROD. Ever. I play it every day too. so to me 360>PS3. Period. Yall aint touching XBL.

http://photobucket.com/images/stoneface

http://photobucket.com/images/jazz gets thrown

I thought most in-store warranties required them to send in the console... Eff that. I'm not paying someone a tenth of the systems cost to do something Ican do myself.

What stores allow an on the spot exchange? I know BBy used to, Walmart doesnt...

Originally Posted by nnarum

I thought most in-store warranties required them to send in the console... Eff that. I'm not paying someone a tenth of the systems cost to do something I can do myself.

What stores allow an on the spot exchange? I know BBy used to, Walmart doesnt...

I believe Target has one of the beast warranties but its been a while, they may have changed.

Originally Posted by nnarum

I thought most in-store warranties required them to send in the console... Eff that. I'm not paying someone a tenth of the systems cost to do something I can do myself.

Future Shop Canada (I believe it is owned by either Circuit City or BB) does.

$40 dollars? I dropped $600 Canadian on my 60GB... 40 more dollars wasn't that big an issue.

To me, its worth it... I never have to wait, things not covered by warranty are covered under their retailer warranty.

My roomate has gone through his 4th 360... 15 minutes and he was back with a brand new one.

Back
Top Bottom