My trip to San Francisco (Large pics).

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by MR J 858

SF always up in the top 5 in reports for most over priced places to live in the US.

I mean....that can be said about most major cities. What you sacrifice in apartment space, you get in the city life. I still feel like SF is still too chill. We need to extend the nights like NYC does. The city literally sleeps at 2am.
I agree that we need to extend the night, but the whole "NYC never sleeps" is exaggerated. I mean, there ARE bars and a few places to eat open, but everyone goes home around 2 as well. My friends and I were at this one HUGE bar near NYU, and at 2:30 we were literally the only people in there (we were playing beer pong). What we need to do is extend the BART hours and make them 24/7 . @#$% is ridiculous, public transportation is supposed to help curb drunk drivers but it doesn't work if BART closes before the bars do
laugh.gif

Very true. I think SF would be more of city to party at if Bart ran the whole night. Even when I do happy hours with people that live in the East Bay, they always have to jet in fear of not getting on the last Bart train home.

But I love SF cause it is a small city with tons of stuff to do. NYC (to me) was just crazy and I actually couldn't handle it. I guess I am too accustomed to the 7 square miles that SF offers.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Sounds like SOMA. I'm pretty sure I stayed there (not sure where the W is considered, but I'm pretty sure it's SOMA). Great city, aggressive homeless though, they certainly aren't like that here n Chicago.

2nd best city in the US.
idk, Chicago and Miami are tied for 1st in my book, im from Detroit so i guess anywhere is an upgrade but i really like Chicago because its like Detroit but a billion times better and i like Miami because of its nice weather and cultural diversity, mainly hispanic, it feels like the closest thing to DR in the US

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by MR J 858

SF always up in the top 5 in reports for most over priced places to live in the US.

I mean....that can be said about most major cities. What you sacrifice in apartment space, you get in the city life. I still feel like SF is still too chill. We need to extend the nights like NYC does. The city literally sleeps at 2am.

$10.24 minimum wage. 
I'm saying though. How your subway system (BART) stop running at midnight though?
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have to stay with a whip when I visit family in the city

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Sounds like SOMA. I'm pretty sure I stayed there (not sure where the W is considered, but I'm pretty sure it's SOMA). Great city, aggressive homeless though, they certainly aren't like that here n Chicago.

2nd best city in the US.
idk, Chicago and Miami are tied for 1st in my book, im from Detroit so i guess anywhere is an upgrade but i really like Chicago because its like Detroit but a billion times better and i like Miami because of its nice weather and cultural diversity, mainly hispanic, it feels like the closest thing to DR in the US

I agree with Chicago. I don't know why but I loved it there. Food was great, the lake made it seem like it was still near the ocean, the city was clean, I liked the night life and the list goes on. I would move there if I wasn't living in SF but the Bay has a more reason weather system that I can handle.

I will say this though, sometimes an all night subway system can be a curse if you're too drunk 
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Took us almost 5 hours to get home because we passed out on the train, missed stops, passed out again, misread map directions, etc 
roll.gif
after a while we just said @#$% and took a cab like we should've done in the first place. Left the club around 2ish, got home at 6 
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I will say this though, sometimes an all night subway system can be a curse if you're too drunk 
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Took us almost 5 hours to get home because we passed out on the train, missed stops, passed out again, misread map directions, etc 
roll.gif
after a while we just said @#$% and took a cab like we should've done in the first place. Left the club around 2ish, got home at 6 
sick.gif

laugh.gif

To where? Cab from SF to Daly City is like 30-50 bucks.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by color me green

I love my hometown. Did you check out the nightlife?
Only spent New Year's Eve at Oneill's Irish Pub near Giants stadium.
Originally Posted by wcghost

Great pics dude! need more though.

1) Humphry slocombe is definitely overrated.... most people prefer Bi-Rite (Salted Caramel) or Mitchell's (Mexican Chocolate). 

2) DEFINITELY go to Golden Gate Park next time:
-Cali Academy of Science
-de Young Museum
-Stow Lake ( 
pimp.gif
 & paddleboating)
-Japanese Tea Garden

3) Alcatraz is a great 2-3 trip w/ tons of photo ops. You'll get a nice complimentary Bay cruise tour around the SF Bay as well.
Thanks. I'll consider these spots the next time I visit. The Japanese Tea Garden was actually one of the places I wanted to visit, but couldn't.

Originally Posted by zmoney3

nice pics man! are you using a point and shoot?
No, I used a Nikon D40.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

To where? Cab from SF to Daly City is like 30-50 bucks.
sick.gif
I was talking about the NYC subway. Once you get on that train after a night out, you HAVE to make sure one of you stays awake the whole time, otherwise you'll end up in Coney Island somehow by the end of the night
laugh.gif

And why are Bay Area cabs so @#$@%@ ridiculous sometimes? I lost my car keys at the Millbrae BART station one time and had to take a cab to SJ. $140 for a 30 minute drive
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

City seems to be amazing. NYC still my favorite though...but I would love to hit up the bay area. Matter of fact the furthest west I've been is Dallas and I enjoyed that city as well.

I have some of the same pics when I went over there.

The next time out in the bay...possibly this summer I'm gonna call a meetup.

Great place to visit. Would I ever live there? Hell No!!! I need my space...

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I have some of the same pics when I went over there.

The next time out in the bay...possibly this summer I'm gonna call a meetup.
I hope to make it out there again this summer. A meetup with NTers would be dope.
pimp.gif

6628830033_57a427cee8_b.jpg

6628884223_2b7ae911cb_b.jpg

6628888573_fb71829b7c_b.jpg

6629060977_dbb699f05f_b.jpg

6629043025_4f61ef46ca_b.jpg

6629029303_6a5b08ae34_b.jpg

6628874003_9cc409a145_b.jpg

6629198579_eacb76f183_b.jpg

^^^^^^Delores Park always amazes me. Just a little bit of sun and tons of people come out like it's the summer time. Even Golden Gate park doesn't have that.

Ah, just remembered, Twin Peaks is another spot I wanted to visit, but didn't get a chance to. I remember seeing NTers mention it in the past.

Nice shots OP. I went to SF for an interview a few days ago and found like eight nice secluded spots for me and my girl to chill and check out the view (Nob Hill and the pacific heights area and one in the SOMA area). Hope you have a chance to come out here again and discover areas on your own randomly, trust me, it's a great feeling.

Originally Posted by syxth element

Sounds like you stayed in SOMA (south of market). Tons of crackheads there. There's bad parts in any urban city though. Dope pics btw
True story, I was driving by 6th and Mission and saw a crackhead female laying on her back on the sidewalk with her jeans wrapped around her ankles and her legs in the air. While I was
eek.gif
 at the situation, I noticed as I got closer she was urinating into the street.

roll.gif

I always wanted to visit Frisco, now I have to make it official.
wink.gif

I'd love to live there if it wasn't for the earthquakes & how expensive it is. Vancouver is just as expensive but the I've had enough with the rain.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Ah, just remembered, Twin Peaks is another spot I wanted to visit, but didn't get a chance to. I remember seeing NTers mention it in the past.

Man Twin Peaks is
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

I'm gonna propose to my future wife there
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yo I'm always down to kick it with outta town NTers and Chill in SF.

Prop215 in full effect.

Back
Top Bottom