myspace making a comeback? Vol. Obama Not bad Gif

Love the layout.  If they keep it like that and don't let people customize their page so much that it freezes people's computers like old MySpace then it could be good.  

It's got potential.  One of the reasons Google+ failed because you had to use a Google account and they wouldn't allow you to login with your Facebook or Twitter login.  People are lazy so MySpace allowing that might bring users back to at least try it out.  If they allow people to post from MySpace to Facebook/Twitter/and other networks I could see it having more potential.  Pretty much I see MySpace failing if it wants to be a standalone network rather than if it becomes an open network lets users collaborate with other social networks.  3 hardest things to get people to change online is their email, their seach engine, and their social network so they really gotta work on making this open.  And if they have their privacy issues sorted out better than Facebook then I could see it gaining users. 

roll.gif
 its still funny rupert murdoch bought that crap

The real question is , how the hell did ksteezy even find out about this?

they should just give it up. google + was the ultimate fail and there's no way in hell anyone would go back there.

Tom is still living and eatin good. dude is in a diff country taking sick *** pics and posting them on his g+ every day.

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool. Not really down to have more than one social network profile though.

Am I the only one who thinks it's sort of weird how you can sign in with Facebook?

Didn't Justin Timberlake become the co-owner of MySpace last year?

Interface looks nice but this isn't going anywhere.

I think people are starting to get sick of Facebook. Wouldn't be surprised if it's replaced in the next few years.

Facebook has gone beyond a social networking site though. We've never seen anything like it before. Zuck has enough money to buy out whatever hot site comes along.

I think people are starting to get sick of Facebook. Wouldn't be surprised if it's replaced in the next few years.

Facebook has gone beyond a social networking site though. We've never seen anything like it before. Zuck has enough money to buy out whatever hot site comes along.

That plus, the "wouldn't be surprised if [facebook] is replaced" has been said since 2007. Google+ was supposed to be the "facebook killer", yet Google+ is about 4-5 years too late on trying to do that. Facebook is nearly double to amount of twitter users, so if something is supposed to overtake FB, it would have already happened. I don't see anything really coming close just cause social networking in general has nearly reached an apex.

The layout and everything does seem cool though, with it being a mix of FB & google+, but like others said, it's way too late. It's like coming out with the first two-way pager after the 3rd wave of cell phones.

Last edited:
:lol: you guys are sad. You're pretty much proving that it can't make a comeback, not because it wouldn't be good enough, but because you're too ignorant to give it a chance.

This new Myspace system looks so ahead of whats offered now, aesthetically and network wise.

Am I saying it will take over again? No.
But am I saying it will suck? No.

I will give it a chance.

laugh.gif
you guys are sad. You're pretty much proving that it can't make a comeback, not because it wouldn't be good enough, but because you're too ignorant to give it a chance.

This new Myspace system looks so ahead of whats offered now, aesthetically and network wise.

Am I saying it will take over again? No.
But am I saying it will suck? No.

I will give it a chance.
lol good luck

lol how you gonna be on a social network when it's missing the most important aspect, the 'social' part

Myspace is a ghost town

Now, if they change the name, and the biddies flock to it, then jamanzanddem has no problem eating his words and going back to it

But why would I be on a social network that nobody is online

That plus, the "wouldn't be surprised if [facebook] is replaced" has been said since 2007. Google+ was supposed to be the "facebook killer", yet Google+ is about 4-5 years too late on trying to do that. Facebook is nearly double to amount of twitter users, so if something is supposed to overtake FB, it would have already happened. I don't see anything really coming close just cause social networking in general has nearly reached an apex.

The layout and everything does seem cool though, with it being a mix of FB & google+, but like others said, it's way too late. It's like coming out with the first two-way pager after the 3rd wave of cell phones.
No, that hasn't been said since 2007. Myspace was still King til probably mid 2008, if not early 09.

I've been on fb since the early days and people didnt migrate until only 3 years ago i'd say. but since then its BLOWN up.

That's true, but I don't think that makes them invulnerable. FB is integrated into a lot of things, but it still revolves around its social network website. 

FB stock has been plummeting a ton. It's been historically bad right? Expectations are going down a lot. I think it's only a matter of time honestly. People say things like, "Well Twitter hasn't replaced it." Because it wasn't suppose to. Twitter & Instagram did siphon a lot of Facebook visits though. FB went from literally being the hub of all things social to being one of many destinations.

The main thing about social networks is that it's user-run. Without users, it's useless. Look at G+.
it looks great, seems like a great idea, but we can't say much until we see if people actually try it out.
It's just too bad that people are kind of stuck in their ways of FB though.
And I agree, the Myspace name/stigma needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom