nah

truthgetsbusy

Banned
nerd.gif

Only do it if you want to rap.

There's 8 million dudes talking about they rap that don't even take it serious.

For example Maino been on his grind for years after doing 10 years and his album JUST came out.

Good luck

Record something so we can see if you are actually nice.

Based on everything you said, you don't really wanna rap and you aint ready for what it takes to try and be a rapper straight up

Just go for it dudie if you want to. But like Incredible said, it doesn't really sound like you're that into it, you'll know if you really wanna doit. If you've been dreamin about it for years, then you should, but if you JUST got the idea..ehh

I wanna rap too. AYO OP hit me with a PM....

We gone be like a space age smilez and southstar minus the asianness...

Burr Burr!

Well right now the game is literally wide open...all it takes is actual skill and an audience...

Bein a skilled rapper on NT >> dime a dozen myspace rappers

Considering you already got a built in audience.

laugh.gif
I swear when I saw the title to this post I knew my name would be in there somewhere..

If you wanna do it, do it.. Low risk, High reward

why are you thinking about the marketability of your personality? focus on what comes from your being, heart and soul, not what you think some consumer likes.

if you got the drive and talent then do it.

i've been writing rhymes for the longest...but never do anything with them.

i would try to get into the game if it didn't take so much work to get your foot in the door. (i'm lazy)
and i know i wouldn't have much of a fan base.

i spit about depressing %#%*.

just wrote 60 bars to Joe Budden's/Klassix "I couldn't help it" instrumental.

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not you WANNA rap, cuz speaking personally, if you do take an interest in writing rhymes, it just continuesto occur...I think the better ? is whether or not u wanna pursue it as a career and as stated above, it's best to just try n create the most honest musicyou can...if it's real n it's nice, the crowd will come...there's nothing wrong with considering your marketability cuz if u wanna make a career ofit, u better know whether or not the material is relative to the audience you r hoping to attract...

But first n foremost, do u...

If you're already writing, just decide how serious u wanna go after it n then make the necessary moves from there.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

how old are u? dont b 23 just now tryin to start rappin... that dont work...
Why not this ain't sports

cuz this #*+% aint easy... and age is a factor... it is kinda like sports... and i always thought it was funny when people put an apostrophy in aint like that #*+% makes it a real word or somethin... are u JUST JUST starting like never wrote any rhymes before or have u just never recorded?

Shut up.

For example, Jay-Z went in when he was 25.

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

cuz this #*+% aint easy... and age is a factor... it is kinda like sports... and i always thought it was funny when people put an apostrophy in aint like that #*+% makes it a real word or somethin... are u JUST JUST starting like never wrote any rhymes before or have u just never recorded?

Shut up.

no he didn't
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

Shut up.

no he didn't
indifferent.gif

i really think hov is an exception cuz he's done things other dudes cant, kinda like soulja boy. u cant just do what other people do and expect to make it.Do it for u, not others, dont expect to make it big, cuz even if u do aint too much at the top.

Yall are stupid if you think Ol Man Jigga started seriously getting in to rap at 25. That's when his album dropped, he been paying his dues and putting inwork a decade prior.

Time is right. At first I aint get what he meant but it makes sense. If you get in to the game @ 23 with everything you have to do start a buzz/gain hype, geta following, drop a bunch of mixtapes, etc. you might not be on till you 30. None of these rappers you think came out of nowhere literally started rappingyesterday. Most put in years of work to get better and even then when you're on like say Wale it doesn't guarantee your album will be dropping or thatyou'll be making money.

Look at Curenn$y home is what 30 now? got 1 independent album, really aint on yet and is about to do a mixtape with a 22/23 year old Wiz Khalifa.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yall are stupid if you think Ol Man Jigga started seriously getting in to rap at 25. That's when his album dropped, he been paying his dues and putting in work a decade prior.

Time is right. At first I aint get what he meant but it makes sense. If you get in to the game @ 23 with everything you have to do start a buzz/gain hype, get a following, drop a bunch of mixtapes, etc. you might not be on till you 30. None of these rappers you think came out of nowhere literally started rapping yesterday. Most put in years of work to get better and even then when you're on like say Wale it doesn't guarantee your album will be dropping or that you'll be making money.

Look at Curenn$y home is what 30 now? got 1 independent album, really aint on yet and is about to do a mixtape with a 22/23 year old Wiz Khalifa.

You guys kinda have a point. But I'm not saying you gotta be Jay-Z to make it. I picture making it when rapping is your full-time job....basicallyCharles Hamilton has "made it" I'm not a fan but you guys know his name. I don't think it that hard to get a following if you know what youdoing and if your "marketable". I know some dudes work they *%# of for years but think about the people that kinda just blew up.

Time are you serious? This ain't the early 90's. I don't need radio to get heard. I don't need a street team. All you need to make it in thisday in age is talent, the internet, and LUCK!.....Music isn't (that's a real word) like sports at all. Not to offend anybody but there is sooooooooooomany wack people in the game. I can respect that they are doing them and doing what they love but they wack and will never have a large group of people enjoytheir music. Those are the people that mess up the statistics.....like they don't have no business in the game no way. There are dudes like Joe Buddenswho have no "real" audience and only "internet" people give a damn......I'll even take that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Based on everything you said, you don't really wanna rap and you aint ready for what it takes to try and be a rapper straight up

Word, I get sick of cats like you thinking its easy because they listen to the garbage on top 40 radio.

It ain't hard to rap...
Especially with all the trash out these days.
*cough* South "Dance Artist's" *cough*
grin.gif

If you really want to do it.
Go for it, you got nothing to lose anyways.

You guys kinda have a point. But I'm not saying you gotta be Jay-Z to make it. I picture making it when rapping is your full-time job....basically Charles Hamilton has "made it" I'm not a fan but you guys know his name. I don't think it that hard to get a following if you know what you doing and if your "marketable". I know some dudes work they *%# of for years but think about the people that kinda just blew up.
Okay that is making it in that sense but even then that's rap being your job. As opposed to you reaching this level of fame where unlike theseother dude you're not worried if you drop an album you won't even go gold or that you may not even have a next album.

Oh and I'm not saying to not try at all. If you aiming to get to that level first go for it, I see what you saying. All you gotta do is make good musicwhich I dunno how easier said than done with the music I have in my library compared to the music I hear that's selling. So do you fam. Post up some music,this is an actual good place to get a buzz going. Location plays a part as well. Just to bring up Wiz again I wasn't aware of anybody spitting fromPittsburgh prior to him.

Back
Top Bottom