Name a player that has had a better start to their career than this guy, in any sport...

The only competition I can think of was maybe Tim Lincecum? 2 World Series, 2 Cy Youngs.

Then this year happened to Tim.

I'm a jealous A's fan.

Of the major sports, probably not in the modern era, but I'm sure you can find someone way way back in the day to rival that.

Why are we comparing 3 years of Posey to 1 year of Russell?

Russell's first 3 years:

2x World Champ

MVP

2x All-Star

And If we're including college, then

2x 1st team All-America

NCAA championship

Final Four MOP

Last edited:
Off the top of my head he'd be in the mix with Jeter, Gretzsky and Sidney Crosby. Probably Pedroia and Miggy as well.

Last edited:
Derek Jeter came to mind. But what's more impressive is that he had that serious injury in 2011 and come back to do what he did this year. Amazing

Why are we comparing 3 years of Posey to 1 year of Russell?

Russell's first 3 years:

2x World Champ
MVP
2x All-Star

And If we're including college, then

2x 1st team All-America
NCAA championship
Final Four MOP

You are right. I was comparing Poseys first two playing seasons (discounting his injury shortened second season) to Russell's first two seasons. I guess that isnt completely fair, but comparing Russells first 3 years to Poseys 2 (+1 injured season) isnt really all that fair either.

Last edited:
Gretzky went his first 8 years winning the MVP
Team success wasn't as immediate but that's dominance individually

the real mamba
25009565.jpg

1.jpeg

White_Mamba.png-large.png

Not to take anything away from him but out of all the sports baseball is the one where I'd tend to give one individual player the least credit for winning a title. Even if Posey plays phenomenally he isn't having the same impact as Magic Johnson winning the Finals MVP and dropping 42, 15, and 7 in the clinching game as a rookie, or Dan Marino going to a SB in his first full year as a starter. Same goes for Joe Brown or Eric Dickerson, who ran for 1800 yds as a rookie and then 2105 in his second year.

He's had a good start but I think there are a lot of guys who've been better from the jump. Maybe I'm just biased cus it's baseball :lol:

Back
Top Bottom