Names some NBA players who proved critics wrong

arenas, we all know his story

yao proved a lot of people wrong also.

JJ redick proved people wrong, ESPN was saying he would be good and now hes nowhere to be found

Gilbert.
Vince Carter...after he left Toronto people questioned if he will ever 'be the same'
Marcus Williams, people questioned & passed up on him in the draft & he is a very solid backup PG.
Sean Williams, may be early in the season, but the BCU story, he is showing why he should be drafted.
Villanueva I also agree with.
Jermaine O' Neal
A lot of HS players coming out of the draft in years past could be named as well.

Charlie V was the first to come to mind.
laugh.gif
in his post game interview after scoring a career high 48 points, the first thing he said was "ESPN analistsprdicted I would be a bust.... guess im going to have to send them the box score"

However, now with Yi joining the bucks, Charlie isnt getting as much burn as he should.

Arenas is one of the most common choices I would say.

Damien Wilkins hasn't proved anyone wrong. He's an AI wannabe who just isn't consistent.

Bilas let the world know...and Josh Smith made Bilas lose cred in my eyes...

<insert> any 2nd rounder...boozer...

kevin ollie - this dude has been in the league for years...didn't even have impressive college stats

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Co-sign. Bilas ethered Josh Smith on draft night...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Co-sign. Bilas ethered Josh Smith on draft night...
smh.gif

Homie was tryna cost Josh millions.. MILLIONS
laugh.gif
Basically said itwould be a mistake to even give the kid a 10 day contract. Idiot.

I'm going to say Dwight Howard. I remember when people were PISSED that he was chosen over Okafor. People were predicting that he would be the secondcoming of Kwame Brown.
laugh.gif

Villanueva is also a good choice.

Heres where i choose the sappy choices not mentioned.

Earl boykins, stephen jackson, brandon roy, joe johnson

Damien Wilkins hasn't proved anyone wrong. He's an AI wannabe who just isn't consistent.

You say he's inconsistent? He hasn't had an opportunity to be consistent until this year. Now that he's gettin regular playing time, he's been pretty consistent. What Sonics game are you watching?

Michael Jordan to some extent....This is a quote from Rod Thorn in 1984 after drafting Jordan at # 3.

"We wish Jordan were 7-feet, but he isn't. There just wasn't a center available. What can youdo? Jordan isn't going to turn this franchise around. I wouldn't ask him to. He's a very good offensive player, but not an overpowering offensiveplayer."

I'm going to say Dwight Howard. I remember when people were PISSED that he was chosen over Okafor.

that's a good one..I didn't know he would be this good, this fast....

you also have to add Yao...see Barkley.

Rod Thorn said:
We wish Jordan were 7-feet, but he isn't. There just wasn't a center available. What can you do? Jordan isn't going to turn this franchise around. I wouldn't ask him to. He's a very good offensive player, but not an overpowering offensive player.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What an idiot....

Every Blazer drafted last year when Stephen A. Smith went off how it was a waste of his time has proved him wrong.

Back
Top Bottom