Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives - April 20, 2010

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

This album is musical greatness.

The more I listen to the concept and the lyrics, the more I love it.

The cats were lurking in the bushes Lion hunting like the Masai on [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Despair[/color]....then Junior Gong just goes in! Destroys the beat at light speed.
eek.gif

Madness.

Nas's verse on [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Leaders[/color] is mindblowing. My verse of the year and it proves that he is still at a place that only a handful of MCs can enter.

I could see myself back at the Audubon. Malcolm on the podium...shells drop to linoleum. Swipe those, place on em on display at the Smithsonian...

Go out and support these brothers for taking a risk and creating this entree of soul food. Remember its a charity album, with proceeds going towards building a school in the Congo. Besides that, its just great music.
Good points man and I was going to support anyways but I didn't know the proceeds went to building a school in the Congo.  Thats great stuff....
This album is just simply amazing and indeed a classic! 

Can't wait till tuesday..so I can cop this album from bestbuy for..$9.99..

I must support classic music..
damian-marley-nasir-jones-distant-relatives-450x450.jpg

I've only heard Africa Must Wake Up and As We Enter so far. Can't wait til Tuesday to buy the album and soak it in.

NaS' 2nd verse on 'Strong Will Continue' is good. But he has at least 3 or so other ones on here that are better. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I like the album overall but I don't think it's anywhere near WTJ. Patience is my favorite joint on there.

I guess my problem is that when I listen to Damian it's usually a soulful/meditation type of experience, so when Nas comes on and spits it sometimes takes it out of that. I'm not really tryin' to hear a strong 20 bars in the middle of a Damian Marley song. Africa Must Wake Up is a perfect example. Hook/rest:
eek.gif
. Nas: notsomuch.
I get what you're saying, but I think Nas helps break up Damian's almost trance-like flow. Their contrast in style make each others verses stand out more. If the album was all Damian, I know I'd zone out and forget I was even listening. I have that tendency with certain parts of Nas albums, too. They can both become monotonous and just kind of blend into the background.

Damian definitely made this album what it is though, I agree with that. 

Patience > *

The light grows stronger everyday.

just copped mine from Best Buy...this album is amazing front to back IMO.... havnt stopped bumpin it since it leaked, it just keeps gettin better to me... and after runnin thru it and reading the lyrics on the site it really is an amazing album that surpassed my expectations
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom