Nas Hints 12th Studio Album is Coming Soon

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/ice-cube-in-talks-for-collaboration-with-scarface-nas_1055897

Rapper/actor Ice Cube is planning a superstar collaboration with his hip-hop peers Scarface and Nas.
The former N.W.A. star admits they have yet to decide on the finer details, but a project with Scarface - an ex member of rap group The Geto Boys and the current president of the Def Jam South record label - is definitely in the works.
And the star - real name O'Shea Jackson - hopes Nas will be involved in some way too.
He tells HHNLive.com, "We have been talking. Me and Scarface… and I think with Nas doing his release this year, we definitely can come up with something.
"Whether it's touring, doing a track together or... (a) Scarface, Ice Cube and Nas album... These are things that are definitely in the air right now..." 

Last week, Houston rapper Scarface revealed in a surprise announcement that he was quitting the rap game after his next album Emeritus.

However, the Texas legend gave himself an out, illuminating his desire to craft one final album; a dream supergroup project between himself, Nas, and Ice Cube.

Upon hearing the news, Cube was ecstatic about moving the project past talk and into the studio.

“Of course, I wouldn’t even think twice about doing that…hell yeah!” Cube declared. “I think the album would be crazy, lyrics would be sick, and Hip-Hop would love it. It’s just making that business happen, that’s the part that gets funky. I ain’t never turned down these kind of projects, they just don’t happen for whatever reasons. But I’m up for some s**t like this because I know we can make a dope record.”

I can't find the video on youtube with Nas and Scarface backstage or something and I think Scarface asked Nas about the collaboration.

God Son/Lost Tapes

Hip Hop is Dead (This is the album that got me to love Nas)

Life Is Good

Untitled

Street Disciple
Mine would be:

1. Life Is Good

2. The Lost Tapes

3. Distant Relatives

4. Street's Disciple

5. God's Son

6. Untitled

7. Hip Hop Is Dead

Last edited:
Mine would be:

1. Life Is Good

2. The Lost Tapes

3. Street's Disciple

4. God's Son

5. Untitled

6. Hip Hop Is Dead

did u hear the real Untitled? Some tracks were left out because of sample clearance.

Waiting patiently, Life Is Good was a damn fine album. I'd rank his 02-12 albums like this...

The Lost Tapes
God's Son
Life Is Good
Hip Hop Is Dead
Street's Disciple (would be ranked higher if condensed to a single lp but we can say that for pretty much any double disc rap album)
Untitled

That Nas track The World produced by Ye will always be amazing :pimp:

As far as a new album title & project, can't wait... Whether its another solo project, Distant Relatives 2, or any other collabs, new Nas is always appreciated.

I just hope eventually we hear that new AZ track from this studio session :nerd:

View media item 346426
How would you guys rank his albums from 02-12 (best to worst)?

The Lost Tapes
God's Son
Distant Relatives
Life is Good
Hip Hop is Dead
Street's Disciple
Untitled

Still got a lot of love for Untitled though, even though I ranked it last. I always felt SD would've been a much better album too if Nas made it a single disc release & dropped some of those fillers.

"The Scientist"

"White Man's Paper" feat Damian Marley

"Be Worried" aka "Top Down" feat Swizz Beats

Unheard song featuring Jay-Z

"I Already Know"

-HHID sessions

"Serious" feat AZ

"Something (Foul Breeze)"

"Get Up"

"Talk Of New York"

"Good Morning"

"Disciple (Original Version)"

-Street's Disciple sessions

I think "Anybody Test" was recorded during that time as well

All of the songs are out except:

"The Scientist" - only the snippet

"Colors" - only the snippet

"Get Up" - mentioned in a article but never leaked

The other song with Jay-Z

"White Man's Paper" feat Damian Marley

White Man's Paper (War) (Feat. Damian Marley) (Prod. ???): The reggae-scented duet between Nas and Marley, in part, concerns "the politics of warfare", as Rolling Stone detailed earlier. The question marks regarding the producer are there because we only know from FADER that "some new African dude" put the work in. Who is that? It's anyone's guess, Africa is kinda big.

Title Unknown??? (Feat. Jay-Z) (Prod. L.E.S.): According to XXL, Jay-Z and Nas "knocked out three songs in one night, and one is making [Hip-Hop Is Dead]." This doesn't necessarily mean that all important first collaboration will appear on HHID, but, during the Westwood interview, Nas implied that much. And lucky LES gets the honor (see: pressure).

I got another one for you, what are your favorite Nas songs (album tracks only) from 02-12?

1. "War" (04)

2. "Get Down" (02)

3. "Made You Look" (02)

4. "A Queens Story" (12

5. "Street's Disciple" (04)

6. "Thief's Theme" (04)

7. "Cherry Wine" (12)

8. "Loco-motive" (12)

9. "Heaven" (02)

10. "Stay" (12)

Last edited:
Slept on Life is Good, it's was pretty nice. Looking forward to this. One of the few rappers I mess mess with nowadays.

life is good got close to no spins from me.

next joint better be what its supposed to be...

all that wifey bulls*** should be outta his system by then.

One of Nas's biggest fans over here...but LIG is reaching Nastradamus status as far as burn. 

**** was he thinking? 

mean.gif

Yeah I totally agree JRod I don't wanna hear that **** no more...depressing. 

Last edited:
Out of 19 songs it has obviously one song about her, with maybe 2 other songs that mention her.

The songs may not mention Kelis directly but you can feel the vibe of album...she had a major impact on the process. 

Regardless...LIG is damn near at the bottom when I rate his albums. 

Back
Top Bottom