NaS Is Still Right Vol. Eat That Watermelon

Thing is I'd usually laugh cuz they're clearly making a joke with a message but this aint to far off from what's been going for years and as oflate.

Props to FlyNY

Yep this is exactly how it sounds when I turn on the radio.
smh.gif

i thought it was common sense that the current rap music videos = modern day minstrel shows. i can't stand any of the mainstream crap most of nt listensto.

a bunch of nonsense is what i see/hear...if only we realized what "we" are doing to ourselves

i like how "corporations" are blamed.

they're pushing the stuff that people want.

i don't see millions of people rushing out to buy immortal technique cd's.

As long as the corporate world continues to throw life altering money at these artist it wont change. I fear its going to get worse.

Originally Posted by Damu

i thought it was common sense that the current rap music videos = modern day minstrel shows. i can't stand any of the mainstream crap most of nt listens to.

Exactly.

The blame isn't all on the "evil" industry or the rappers either. Ignorant fans who have no idea what hip hop even is are the main problem. Ifthey weren't buying this trash in droves we would never see it.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I'm saying.

what people? the people that buy CDs surely aren't hip hop faithfuls.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

i don't care who buys the cd's.

the point i'm making is that there's no money to be made in what most hip hop fans regard as "real hip hop." the group of people who enjoysthis sort of music is far too small, the group within this group willing to pay for this music is even smaller.

it's not some white-collar conspiracy, it's economics 101.

you're gonna make more off a new soulja boy single in ringtone sales alone than off every possible outlet associated with a new, say, jedi mind tricksproject.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

all these minstrels show naggers are killing hip-hop slowly soulja boy, gucci man, lil wayne.... smh
mad.gif
making black people looks like idiots and thugs and we all know only whitesurburban kids buy cd anyway

why don't good hip hop artist such as little brother and j.cole dont get play time? BECAUSE they make black people look educated and we all know the mediadon't need non of that

How is this what people want when Hip-Hop sales are at an all time low?

Rap fans been saying Hip-Hop is dead for a minute and record sales are reflecting it.

They obviously are not pushing "the stuff people want".

Corporations = BET

Stop watching the network...stop SUPPORTING the network. As long as these trends are embraced, this cycle will continue...for the worse.

Same can be said for the radio.

It's gonna take more than Nas or Avion Crockett doing a satire of the current state of hip-hop for people to realize that a REAL stand needs to be made bythe consumer.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Rap fans been saying Hip-Hop is dead for a minute and record sales are reflecting it.

maybe hip hop is "dead," or at least it peaked a long time ago. not such a crazy thought.

happens to every genre of music.

to say they are "obviously" not pushing what consumers want is quite a bold statement. tell me then, what do consumers want?

that vid reminds ome of them Ms Peachez vids
All i could do was SMH
and the sad thing is in the terms of Ms Peachez those dudes was dead serious

Hip hop sales are down because of the internet.

Only the really hardcore fans actually feel hip hop is "dead". The rest of the middle class suburban white masses who don't even know who Rakimis have absolutely no problem buying and enjoying the new trash out. How would they know hip hop is dead when they don't even know what hip hop is ?

Just look at MTV's top 10 "hot" rappers. This crowd makes up something like 80% of all hip hop sales, so obviously music will betailored toward them with pop beats and hooks and dilute or no messages. It's been this way since '97 with Puffy and the shiny suits.

Hip hop isn't dead though. The underground and international scenes are thriving. Real heads know this....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Corporations = BET

Stop watching the network...stop SUPPORTING the network. As long as these trends are embraced, this cycle will continue...for the worse.

Same can be said for the radio.

It's gonna take more than Nas or Avion Crockett doing a satire of the current state of hip-hop for people to realize that a REAL stand needs to be made by the consumer.

It's gonna take a more aware community to stop this. BTW Boondocks Season 3
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I love ignorant rap (Gucci mane etc) as much as the next man, but we need balance in the rap industry.

Originally Posted by toast1985

i like how "corporations" are blamed. Quote

I'm saying.
What exactly are you saying? Who is in charge of deciding what airs on the radios? What music videos are played on TV? What artist get recorddeals? Us right? Since that is what we want to hear and all.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Hip hop sales are down because of the internet.

Only the really hardcore fans actually feel hip hop is "dead". The rest of the middle class suburban white masses who don't even know who Rakim is have absolutely no problem buying and enjoying the new trash out. How would they know hip hop is dead when they don't even know what hip hop is ?

Just look at MTV's top 10 "hot" rappers. This crowd makes up something like 80% of all hip hop sales, so obviously music will be tailored toward them with pop beats and hooks and dilute or no messages. It's been this way since '97 with Puffy and the shiny suits.

Hip hop isn't dead though. The underground and international scenes are thriving. Real heads know this....
i agree with the first sentence, but if anything the internet has spread awareness of less mainstream guys to people outside of major urbanhip-hop centers who otherwise would never hear them.

i know plenty of lacrosse-playing greenwich ct kids who listen to jmt and aotp. no way in hell they'd have that pre-napster/music blogs/itunes/etc

maybe hip hop is "dead," or at least it peaked a long time ago. not such a crazy thought.

happens to every genre of music.

to say they are "obviously" not pushing what consumers want is quite a bold statement. tell me then, what do consumers want?

It's mostly what the labels think the consumer wants. Corporations have 100% control of what is being put out there. Neither the artist nor does the fanhave control over the music.

Back
Top Bottom