NaS, Talib Kweli and Mos Def speak on Sean Bell verdict. (vid)

if your a musician.. stick to music... if you wanna go political throw a bar or 2 in a song.. don't go sounding like an idiot talking about it in general

Musicians think because they're famous..it somehow means they have a full understanding of the law and got a Ph.D in political science. Dudes startforgetting that they either don't even have a high school diploma or never even went to college.

*Chappelle Voice* Who gives a **** what Ja-Rule thinks at a time like this?! *Chappelle Voice*

Originally Posted by jhawkcuse10

Originally Posted by thakidfweezy

Cousin Jeff spits that real talk.

laugh.gif
no he doesnt, his name says it all
roll.gif
these dudes are clowns, the police did what was right, im tired of everyone making it seem like the victims were shot for no reason
eyes.gif

I'm not just referring to this situation. Have you ever heard his seminars?

Nas sounded stupid. I changed the channel when he started talking that militant nonsense.

ok, first im gonna say i respect everyones opinion and its good to hear different views so lets keep this civilized. with that said, let me give myopinion.

i hate the way black people in this country are demonized because they held "militant" or "extremist" views. no one suffered as much asthe black man and women through out the history of this nation. from shackles, to jim crow, to lynchings. over 200 years of these brutal circumstances would, ihope to think, make any group of people defensive and "extremist". for example, lets take a look at our jewish brothers. for thousands of years, theyhave been mistreated, massacred, demonized and have been subjected to many other horrors. the creation of israel allowed for our jewish brothers to finallyhave a land of their own but their constant fear and paranoia (and so rightly justified) have led them to oppress and kill innocent palestinians. when,however, a so called "militant" black group rises (e.g. black panther party for self-defense, nation of islam, etc), they are quickly labeled astransgressors and terrorists. have we forgotten that the fathers of our country were "extremists" and "terrorists" because of the viewsthey held towards the mistreatment of their fellow country men by the british. their militancy and terrorist activities were justified because they had to payridiculous amounts of taxes but a black militant cant hold similar views toward his oppressor even though his people have been treated like animals forgenerations
smh.gif
i, myself, am not necessarily backing all radical views but am just sick of this double standard.

and to the brothers who are complaining about artists forgetting their position as musicians and musicians alone, you have to remember that these musicianshold so much influence over us whether you know it or not. these are the people the kids look up to. who's opinion and thoughts on a subject do you think a16 year old kid from atlanta would want to hear: dr. cornel west or lil wayne? so with all the influence these people have over us, i think its only right theyengage the teenagers and young adults who would have never cared otherwise. these musicians, actors, athletes, etc are human beings too and hold opinions justlike you and i do. im sure most of us are not lawyers but we're still in here talking about the sean bell case. let them say their opinion and if youdisagree, dont change just because a famous person did it.

to thakidfweezy: NO ONE WILL KNOW OF YOUR IGNORANCE UNTIL YOU BEGAN TO EXPRESS THEM BY OPENING YOUR MOUTH OR ACTING THEM OUT. Please be quiet.

Originally Posted by Liban906

laugh.gif
roll.gif
these dudes are clowns, the police did what was right, im tired of everyone making it seem like the victims were shot for no reason
eyes.gif

Nas sounded stupid. I changed the channel when he started talking that militant nonsense.

ok, first im gonna say i respect everyones opinion and its good to hear different views so lets keep this civilized. with that said, let me give my opinion.

i hate the way black people in this country are demonized because they held "militant" or "extremist" views. no one suffered as much as the black man and women through out the history of this nation. from shackles, to jim crow, to lynchings. over 200 years of these brutal circumstances would, i hope to think, make any group of people defensive and "extremist". for example, lets take a look at our jewish brothers. for thousands of years, they have been mistreated, massacred, demonized and have been subjected to many other horrors. the creation of israel allowed for our jewish brothers to finally have a land of their own but their constant fear and paranoia (and so rightly justified) have led them to oppress and kill innocent palestinians. when, however, a so called "militant" black group rises (e.g. black panther party for self-defense, nation of islam, etc), they are quickly labeled as transgressors and terrorists. have we forgotten that the fathers of our country were "extremists" and "terrorists" because of the views they held towards the mistreatment of their fellow country men by the british. their militancy and terrorist activities were justified because they had to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes but a black militant cant hold similar views toward his oppressor even though his people have been treated like animals for generations
smh.gif
i, myself, am not necessarily backing all radical views but am just sick of this double standard.

and to the brothers who are complaining about artists forgetting their position as musicians and musicians alone, you have to remember that these musicians hold so much influence over us whether you know it or not. these are the people the kids look up to. who's opinion and thoughts on a subject do you think a 16 year old kid from atlanta would want to hear: dr. cornel west or lil wayne? so with all the influence these people have over us, i think its only right they engage the teenagers and young adults who would have never cared otherwise. these musicians, actors, athletes, etc are human beings too and hold opinions just like you and i do. im sure most of us are not lawyers but we're still in here talking about the sean bell case. let them say their opinion and if you disagree, dont change just because a famous person did it.

I say militant because of the way he worded. He made the community getting together sound mad thuggish. Had he brought forth an argument the way CousinJeff did I would not have used that adjective.

I was not there so i dont know exactly how everything went down, only the ones that were around during that time knows what actually happened just like one ofthe Nters said before however 50 shots is overkill.

That is like you are just shooting for fun especially when you are trained, police know where to shoot a person at in order to stop them.
Could they actually see who they were shooting at? We dont know however if that was brought up and they could not really see then why would you shoot?

There are a bunch of questions that i could honestly ask regarding this situation, from what i have heard i think that it was not the correct judgement forundercover officers to let off 50 shots?

Back in 1999 or 2000 was Diallo wrong for having a wallet instead of a gun? Remember what happened to him right?
Do alot of people consider blacks to look very suspicious?

I can ask a bunch of questions, mistakes are made every single day and one of the officers even apologized from what i heard a few minutes ago so why apologizeif you did not mean it?

To thakidfweezy:
You sound extremely Ignorant with the last couple of comments that you have posted. Whether someone was right or wrong how can you say that you are happy forwhat they did? Even if i shot a person for self-defense reasons in order to save my own life i would still have to live with that in the back of my mind forthe rest of my life. I wouldnt be happy that i did it however its about doing what you have to do in order to protect yourself and possibly your family if theyare in danger.

You can go and shake the cops hands if you want to, what if someone let 50 shots go aiming at one of your family members or even you?
You would probably feel differently about the whole situation right?

One less thug off of the streets? What is a thug exactly? If you do not know that person you cant really say who that person is.
We are so quick to speak and not help, you cant help everyone however you can do good things by at least trying to steer the younger generation into the rightdirection. I know that i do it, do you?

yo as far as being militant, thats some bull. i think the best thing said in the video was wat jeff said about the black panther party. its only termedmilitant by the opressor cus it deviates from the norms of doicle negroes we wanna be militant. NO. never in the history of the world has anyone got anythingby sitting back and asking for it and stepping back. action needs to take place. theres only so much you can take before you fight back. im tired of certainindividuals of this society thinking they know everything and anything against them is wrong. what Nas said was true. i think it was taken a little tooliterally. strapping up may not necessariyl mean guns. it means we come together and fight this injustice in society. no matter what mr bells history was hewas a man. and no man deserves to be shot 50 times. i dont trsut the police word anyway. i think the whole system is corrupt.

Originally Posted by Liban906

laugh.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif

ok, first im gonna say i respect everyones opinion and its good to hear different views so lets keep this civilized. with that said, let me give my opinion.

i hate the way black people in this country are demonized because they held "militant" or "extremist" views. no one suffered as much as the black man and women through out the history of this nation. from shackles, to jim crow, to lynchings. over 200 years of these brutal circumstances would, i hope to think, make any group of people defensive and "extremist". for example, lets take a look at our jewish brothers. for thousands of years, they have been mistreated, massacred, demonized and have been subjected to many other horrors. the creation of israel allowed for our jewish brothers to finally have a land of their own but their constant fear and paranoia (and so rightly justified) have led them to oppress and kill innocent palestinians. when, however, a so called "militant" black group rises (e.g. black panther party for self-defense, nation of islam, etc), they are quickly labeled as transgressors and terrorists. have we forgotten that the fathers of our country were "extremists" and "terrorists" because of the views they held towards the mistreatment of their fellow country men by the british. their militancy and terrorist activities were justified because they had to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes but a black militant cant hold similar views toward his oppressor even though his people have been treated like animals for generations
smh.gif

and to the brothers who are complaining about artists forgetting their position as musicians and musicians alone, you have to remember that these musicians hold so much influence over us whether you know it or not. these are the people the kids look up to. who's opinion and thoughts on a subject do you think a 16 year old kid from atlanta would want to hear: dr. cornel west or lil wayne? so with all the influence these people have over us, i think its only right they engage the teenagers and young adults who would have never cared otherwise. these musicians, actors, athletes, etc are human beings too and hold opinions just like you and i do. im sure most of us are not lawyers but we're still in here talking about the sean bell case. let them say their opinion and if you disagree, dont change just because a famous person did it.

I say militant because of the way he worded. He made the community getting together sound mad thuggish. Had he brought forth an argument the way Cousin Jeff did I would not have used that adjective.
you're just as ignorant as the oppressor if you're labeling the way he speaks as "thug" You're judging a book by it's coverand not for what it really is.

Back
Top Bottom