NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Nas buggin. Left Beautiful Life off Life Is Good for no reason. Joint just as good a final song as Bye Baby.

Y’all act butthurt b/c ppl don’t like the album u foh. This isn’t a good album. And do y’all even what “slaps” mean? Slaps means good. Get your head outta Nas as$. This sh*t don’t slap.
Stop lying :lol:

Listening now, so far it's cool. I'm almost halfway, nothing really standing out so far. A couple beats wack as hell and he flowing too fast on a few of these songs.

Not a fan of Vernon Family and Jarreau so far

Them Pete Rock tracks grew on me. I'm so mad it took this many years to hear new tracks together with them :lol:

I feel like these songs were matched vocals to random beats or something. Some songs the vocals are too loud or too fast or his flow just off.

Queens Wolf probably my favorite song, maybe Beautiful Life.

QB Politics is great but it's a three minute songs and only 40 seconds of rapping. What the ****

It Never Ends sounds like a blend or something.

Overall it's cool but I'm not loving it. Flows off on too many songs for me and probably half the beats are garbage and I'm not that guy that complains about NaS beats in the past.

Beautiful Life should have been on Life Is Good.

I forgot this was dropping, so I went to sleep promptly before 12 and woke up to this.

I'll wait until I can spark up at home and take it all in.

This could have been 10 tracks like the first Lost Tapes and would have been perfection. It definitely could have been mixed down better. Some tracks just aren't to the sound quality I expect from a Nas project. But with that there's some incredible stuff on here. And the lyrics as a whole are just perfection. For me Nas paints the best pictures. Interested if this will hold my attention as long as Lost Tapes 1 did. And dear Nas, work with Pete Rock MORE. Doing yourself a disservice.

20170707_182221.jpg
Picture I took closeup of part of the Prodigy QB mural, before they threw paint on it the first time (it was too sunny for a good full shot unfortunately). That mural debacle was disappointing on a lot of levels. I'm glad Nas touched on that on "Queensbridge Politics". I met both artists as they were working on it in QB. Ain't nobody pull up trying to **** with the mural when they were there. Cowards came out late at night when people were home. Jeff Henriquez did most of the mural, Eli did a lot of behind the scenes stuff and some of the art. Eli also worked on the Nas QB mural along with Jorit Agoch.

Last edited:
This **** is mediocre at best. Sums up most of Nas’ career, unfortunately. Questionable production + ill lyricist = Nas.

Def a handful of dope tracks worth listening to again though.

It's an album of throwaways, and it feels like people are going into it like it's a full fleged cohesive, structured album. They're a bunch of throwaways. The first Lost Tapes was a moment in time. We weren't going to get another classic album of throwaways.

Honestly, I'm surprised he finally dropped this, because the first was perfect...impossible to match, let alone top.

With that said, I haven't listened yet. Waiting to get home and be in the right state of mind.

Back
Top Bottom