NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

When I was a kid, I use to stare at this cover and see myself. Idky, but there's something powerful about this cover. It felt like he represented me. Even down to that orangey/brown complexion. Nas is a true GOAT. This album cover is genius, and one of if not the best I've ever seen. It just fits the observational lyricism so well like a child embodying his surrounding and speaking what he knows. Dude is a true legend.

111d1a3b.jpeg

Not from the USA and definitely not from NY so Im thankful for YT and the fact that someone actually posted the original bootleg version of I Am... Anybody can confirm or share their stories about the first time they heard/got their hands on a copy of this? IMHO this couldve solidified Nas' status as GOAT. Only downside is we might not have been blessed with "Nas Is Like" and that's a Top 10 Nas track for me.

Not from the USA and definitely not from NY so Im thankful for YT and the fact that someone actually posted the original bootleg version of I Am... Anybody can confirm or share their stories about the first time they heard/got their hands on a copy of this? IMHO this couldve solidified Nas' status as GOAT. Only downside is we might not have been blessed with "Nas Is Like" and that's a Top 10 Nas track for me.

Theres so many rumors about this project. I don’t think there was ever an official track list for the double album, I think there’s a bunch of fan created track lists. I wish NaS would really talk about it but he never does. I don’t know if he’s too drunk to remember or if he’s still mad about the leak that he doesn’t want to talk about it.

I don’t know if those 13 songs were a sampler cause they used to do samplers back then but I think there were a few different versions that leaked early. Supposedly that was the first one to leak and the first to leak online which was huge. I think that’s why majority of all of those 13 aren’t on the official I Am..

I’d also love to know why NaS released bonus tracks on cassette version only. It Was Written had Silent Murder and I Am had Pray and Nature’s solo song on cassette only.

I think The Lost Tapes had a bonus disc and I don’t know where mine is but that had a few joints too. I think I Am had a few songs internationally too.

I hope this means we'll get the complete I Am album in the future

I doubt it, I don’t think he was ever finished with the double album and everyone around him always makes it sound like he was so disgusted that it leaked and he didn’t get to release it his way. Steve Stoute said he and the label wanted to release and NaS said no.

Back
Top Bottom