Nas was SUPPOSED to "hang" Jay-z @ Summer Jam '02 wow

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

It would have been almost NO way Jay could have recovered from that, that was putting his foot on his neck like he was supposed to do
yup...there would be no jay-z in da form that we know him now had hot 97 not banned him from doing it.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Nas just didn't have the power to make this happen, some things never change.

e6935429e3b831ec5d952e82a08220beb44b67a.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Ya'll really think this would have hurt Jay? It's a got' damn doll.

like prodigy's pic that jay-z put up was merely him dressed as a mini michael jackson which wasn't a big deal but da term "put em on da summer jam screen" was coined from there and made it massive.

if nas would've done this, it would've been ja rule type critical blow to jay-z...i mean ether had son reeling to da ropes as far as NYC is concerned.

I was at that Summerjam. That's when Summerjam used to be hood, when it went down in Nassau. Giants Stadium sucks for concerts. They didn't announce when tickets went on sale, you had to listen to the radio and they would just announce it at random and it would sell out in minutes. But yeah, Nas was supposed to headline, but we didn't know Nas wasn't gonna perform. Murder Inc finished their set and the lights came on, everyone was like $*%?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Ya'll really think this would have hurt Jay? It's a got' damn doll.

like prodigy's pic that jay-z put up was merely him dressed as a mini michael jackson which wasn't a big deal but da term "put em on da summer jam screen" was coined from there and made it massive.

if nas would've done this, it would've been ja rule type critical blow to jay-z...i mean ether had son reeling to da ropes as far as NYC is concerned.

I don't know, I'm trying to put myself back in time when things were going down, and while it is true Jay was feeling the pressure....(seemed like he was at hot97 at least once a week pleading his case on air)... I don't know if this would've hurt him to the point he wouldn't be where he's at today.

Originally Posted by hellaones

this would of done more damage to Nas than Jay

imagine the backlash he would of received from black activist and the media
Word. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This would've destroyed Nas in the general the eyes of the general public.

Would've been portrayed as if Nas condones the hanging of a black man.

But when has $+!! like that ever mattered? Maybe some black activists would have have spoken out but when don't they have something to say about rap music? And even if he would have received crazy backlash, I think Nas has proven time and time again hr can care less about the fame. This would have been the nail in the coffin for that Jay. White billionaires he rubbing shoulders with now would be like "you the _ who got hung on stage" No such thing as bad publicity, this would have took Nas to a whole other level, even though you know like I know, Nas would have fell back again, especially around the time his og passed.

If he would have followed through, Jay wouldn't be where he is today. I think that's the nail in the coffin but oh well, we'll never know.

Not even in the sense of looking at it from the historical standpoint...but how is this so amazing to some of you?

How would lynching a doll be epic?
Jay-Z wouldn't be Jay-Z if this happened?

Are ya'll serious?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Not even in the sense of looking at it from the historical standpoint...but how is this so amazing to some of you?

How would lynching a doll be epic?
Jay-Z wouldn't be Jay-Z if this happened?

Are ya'll serious?
This. I'm in class seriously contemplating how this is ether.
Someone explain? 
nerd.gif

prodigy's career took a serious hit with a tame pic...imagine a lifelike

Jay-z getting hung and shaking..shhh straight up vaporize jay-z

Alot of ya'll %+%+#$ stay living in the past.  I can't do nothing but laugh because as the saying goes, if you tell a ++%#+ to stop dreaming, you might as well kill them.  Ya'll dudes living out ya fantasies and dreams here in this thread, so I'll let you dudes have your fun for now.  With that in mind though, I'm not surprised NT's favorite house ++%#+ (you know who you are) is condoning the hanging of a black man by another black man, I'm not surprised at all. 

Man, blacks kill blacks everyday B. Would it had been that much different
if Nas woulda shot the dummy and left it dead on the stage leaking as he
rapped Ether? Any act of him theoretically killing Jay woulda been seen as
demoralizing, but its all good if its just "said" in song.

Anyways, had he pulled this stunt he might have won the battle.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Originally Posted by MonStar1

If he would've did it and had the dummy wearing a Hawaiian shirt! Ether

roll.gif
roll.gif
This would have been hilarious I don't care.
tumblr_m2v1wnpfJ81qd97av.jpg

sick.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Pitcure a pitch black stadium then the 2pac sample playing then the spotlight on doll hanging and moving then Nas comes out just rapping Ether with passion

woulda been a moment in hip hop history

Jay woulda been shook for a minute but he still woulda became the Hov that we know today

woulda been cool moment in rap history tho *kanye shrug*

Back
Top Bottom